Page 4 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,480
Points 244,377
Thea replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 8:21 AM

I would so love to attend but I just am so afraid to commit to anything with Mom the way it is - I take things one day at a time right now - but if I have till May 7th to think about it - I will be thinking about it and seeing if it is at all feasible.  I love Amish country and someday want to go to PA to the heart of their land - I have driven through there years ago and saw all the quilts on the fences and it was gorgeous.  I have polaroids of that trip...teehee... Put me as a maybe right now and I'll let you know definitely before the 7th.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 8:22 AM

Thea I so hope you can do this ,it would be so much fun, hey why don't you bring your mom its only for 4 days and she just might enjoy it . Darlene brought her Mom to VB and she really enjoyed it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 12:38 PM

Linda, I sent you a friend request.  I do want to come to this retreat since it is only 4 1/2 hours away from me.  Ginny

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Linda,

I am in. Thanks for putting this together.  Never been to Ohio.

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 1:50 PM

Ladies could you please put your post in the retreat group ,so that linda can keep track of who all is wanting to attend . Thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Is there an opening left for this retreat? If not I understand as I am so late for this but wanted to ask.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 1:15 PM

Look under the groups heading and then retreats. You will see a posting for the Amish retreat. You might get an answer faster that way.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 1:25 PM

Erin,

I know that we have space...Linda was hoping we would get at least 1 more interested person :)

Kim is right--join the QCA Retreat Group and then find the Amish County group.  I did send Linda a PM that you were looking for details!

We are doing a block exchange--the block needs to be 12 1/2" and it needs to be an Amish pattern.  On the thread somewhere is a list of the participants & the block pattern chosen.  That way we are doubling up on the pattern :)

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

I joined the group and sent Linda a PM too. Once I know for sure I'll found out what block I need to make and get started. I really hope that I can be fit in...this will be so much fun!  I've never been to a quilt retreat. I did however live up in northern Ohio and it was the first time I was ever around Amish or their beautiful quilts and dolls.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20

Linda....I am new to this site and to quilting.  My galfriend and I are very interested in a quilting retreat in Amish country!!   She and I know the area very well, as we have spent a lot of time there. (When we "get away" from home, that is where we head to!)   =))   Please keep us informed....we are very interested!   Thanks!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 9 2012 4:47 PM

Rose,Linda has been ill so I'm gonna answer for her for now ,this retreat is in two weeks .I have no idea as to what she has worked out with the hotel. if she gets on here later she may be able to answer these for you .  Sorry I could not be more help . Most of the discussion for this retreat goes on in groups unter Retreats ,you might wnat to check it out there .It is free to join the group .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Rose,

If you are interested in going to Amish Country for a retreat, I know of one in Northern Indiana in November.  It is not affiliated or advertised on QCA but is sponsored by my local quilt shop in Michigan.  It is in Shipshewana IN.  I have been twice and it is wonderful.  Friday supper, all Saturday meals and Sunday breakfast are catered and included in the price.  Large sewing room is a conference room in the same building as all the hotel rooms.  Clean, modern and comfortable.  For price and further details go to QuiltNGo.com and find the retreat section of their website.  There are also pictures of past years.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:06 PM

Hi PD!  Good to hear from you!  What are you working on these days, and how are those precocious granddaughters of yours?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Hi nancy

I haven't gone anywhere.  I read posts but don't write much.  

Granddaughters are so perfect that we have decided to have another one.  Remember Susan?  She is pregnant with their first baby.  It's due in November and they don't want to know the gender.  It's all very exciting. 

I have decided to sign up for one more year of QCA so I'll be around.  

Oh, last week I went to Hancock's of Paducah.  What a place.  Dropped a bundle - about a huge smile's worth.

Happy quilting!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:46 PM

Congratulations to Susan!  Whether it's a boy or a girl, I hope he/she has that same creative imagination!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 4 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use