This post has 59 Replies | 12 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:53 AM

Linda:

Susie:
three or four day weekend would work for me, if it could be T-F-S-S  and not M-Tues.

OK I'll see what kind of feedback I get from everyone. It is cheaper to go during the week. But if everyone wants a 4-day weekend, that's good too as long as I can book very soon.

Linda:  I would prefer a weekend as well.  But I live north of Cincinnati and would LOVE to come to a retreat in Amish country.

Melody

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 7:16 AM

Mary:

Just wondering...do they have a place to set up our machines for quilting or will that be done in the rooms? I would so love to come to this one as it's not far from where I live.

Mary, the suite has a large area where they will bring in tables for us. Each room has an ironing board w/iron and they can be brought to the suite. This retreat will be open to 10-15 persons only. But at the moment I only  have 3 people. I need to get more response quickly to make the reservation. I am thinking of opening it up to another quilt group  so we can have this retreat.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:22 AM

I have just found a brand new hotel in downtown Berlin that is offering us a deal for Thursday thru Sunday that is hard to pass up. It is the Berlin Grande Hotel which is located on the main road in downtown. The cost per person for the 4 nights...yes, 4 nights is $123.88 including tax & the cost of the meeting room. These are double rooms with microwave & refrigerator. We will have a meeting room set up with tables for our machines.They will lock the room when the last person is done sewing for the night.  I still have to clarify the ironing boards/irons or if we have to bring our own. Amenities to hotel are free breakfast, wi/fi, free long distance, pool (salt water pool) and hot tub. Some cell phones may not work in Amish country. I have booked a block of 8 rooms for the weekend of August 23, 2012. So far there are 6 interested I believe. That leaves room for 10 more. Must have commitment from everyone by May 7, 2012 to hold rooms without deposit. If you are interested, please advise asap either by this thread or private message. You can look check them out at www.berlingrandehotel.com

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I love this. I'm in. Just let me know where to send my money. Also, please join the QCA Retreats group and list it there with the dates in the title (example: Amish County, NE Ohio, Aug 23-26, 2012). You will get it out to the folks who do retreats the most.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 23,985
Susie replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:58 AM

Linda:

I  I have booked a block of 8 rooms for the weekend of August 23, 2012. So far there are 6 interested I believe. That leaves room for 10 more. Must have commitment from everyone by May 7, 2012 to hold rooms without deposit. If you are interested, please advise asap either by this thread or private message. You can look check them out at www.berlingrandehotel.com

Count me in!  It's a non-payroll week.  I will put in my PTO request as soon as I finish posting this message!  I'm excited!!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Do you mind if I begin a post for this in the QCA Retreats group? I'd prefer the person organizing post and moderate it but I can do it if it's a difficulty for you, Linda.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 11:46 AM

Mary:

I love this. I'm in. Just let me know where to send my money. Also, please join the QCA Retreats group and list it there with the dates in the title (example: Amish County, NE Ohio, Aug 23-26, 2012). You will get it out to the folks who do retreats the most.

I don't know why it won't allow me to post, possibly because I don't have premium membership. Have posed question to admin.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 7:11 PM

I was wondering if any one is coming from TN/GA area? It is 9 hr and too far for me to drive alone.

let me know or PM me

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 2:35 AM

Nan:

I was wondering if any one is coming from TN/GA area? It is 9 hr and too far for me to drive alone.

let me know or PM me

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Hi Nan, yes Mary is coming. I  hope you will be able to join us!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 2:37 AM

Mary:

Do you mind if I begin a post for this in the QCA Retreats group? I'd prefer the person organizing post and moderate it but I can do it if it's a difficulty for you, Linda.

That would be great, Mary. Just copy the info from this thread. Thank you very much.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 2:41 AM

Melody:

Linda:  I would prefer a weekend as well.  But I live north of Cincinnati and would LOVE to come to a retreat in Amish country.

Melody, Did you see the information for the retreat on the weekend of August 23? Hope you can make it!!! We'd love to have you.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:42 AM

Linda, I think I would like to attend this retreat. This is a good price. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:43 AM

LInda,I am one of the moderators for the retreat group and can post this for you ,just let me know Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 8:05 AM

Linda I have gone ahead and posted this in the retreat group ,so you need to have everyone to start doing their posting there, they will need to join the group . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 8:07 AM

Mary ,I have gone ahead and posted this in the retreat group for Linda,  I'm going to come to this retreat to , I hotel she has gotten for us looks fabulous . by Aug .I'll be ready for another one LOL  . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 3 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use