Page 1 of 4 (60 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda Posted: Thu, Apr 19 2012 11:41 AM

The VB retreat is almost over and they had a great time. Now there is discussion about having a retreat in NE Ohio in Amish country where the quilt shops really rock! Not to mention that when you step out of one quilt shop, you don't have to go very far to the next one! The Amish restaurants...all I can say is don't plan on being on a diet! From personal experience, the blackberry pie is to die for!! There are Amish made cheeses, pies, breads, jams & jellies for sale and furniture and everything in between. The shopping is fabulous! You can even tour an Amish farm.  Date to be determined.

Anyone interested in a retreat in Amish Country in NE Ohio, please respond to this thread or contact Linda at my.sewingroom@hotmail.com. Anyone interested in helping to organize the retreat, please contact Linda on personal message or email. Thank you.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 11:48 AM

I think there are a couple of places that cater to quilters. I have seen retreats down there before. It is definitely a quilters paradise! Here is one:

Linda’s Quilting Retreat

Located in Amish Country, Linda’s Quilting Retreat has four fully furnished condos within easy walking distance of 3 fabric stores, restaurants, and other Berlin area businesses. The condos have over 1,000 square feet each and have been set up with the quilter/sewer in mind. With two cutting tables with mats, plus the kitchen counter top of the same height, there’s no aching back after the cutting!

Also we stay at Zinck's Inn of Berlin and they have a room that you can use for quilting or whatever if you reserve it. I have seen guilds down there while we were there.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 1:03 PM

Thanks, Kim. Those were 2 of the places I was going to contact. Are you interested in attending?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,547
Points 23,385
Susie replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 1:44 PM

Oh, this sounds so wonderful!  I'm not sure I could get away for a full week, but I could do a 3, maybe 4 day weekend...It's close enough for me to drive.

I have never been to one, so I'll pass on helping organize it this time around.  Maybe next time I can help out, once I figure out how they work :)

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 2:49 PM

Maybe. It depends on when. I may not be able to go for the whole time, just drive down for a day. I am about an hour and half away.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,235
Lori replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 2:52 PM

Sounds awesome.  I am not to far from there.  I go several times a year to shop for fabric.  I have a favorite, off the beaten patch a bit.....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 7:33 AM

I'm very interested in a retreat in Amish Country.  Please keep me in the loop! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:34 AM

Depending on the dates and the cost, I would be interested.  My goal over the next year or so is to go on a retreat that I am not in charge of and just enjoy myself.  Amish country sounds like a lot of fun!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:50 AM

Hi Linda,

I would be very interested in a retreat in NE Ohio,IF the dates work out for me, AND if I can find a place for my RV, it's 24'.  Please keep me in the loop on this one.

Hugs from the Piney Woods of East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Filed under:
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 260
Denys replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:31 PM

Would depend on dates and most especially on the cost. I really would prefer one in New England - like NH or VT

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:46 AM

They're always so far away from me :( wish someone would do one in PA, NJ, maybe even NY or Delaware. We do have a nice ocean in the summer as well and Amish around here too. Oh well. Maybe one day they will take pity on me and decide to schedule one close to me lol since I don't get any paid vacation time.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 3:16 AM

Denys & Carey - I feel your pain. That's why  I'm trying to organize a retreat in NE Ohio! All the other retreats are so far away. Maybe you could organize a retreat in your area?

Hugs,

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 7:20 AM

I missed the one in Iowa but would love another one there or NE, MO, or KS!  But I may venture out further if I can work it out.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 12:55 PM

I might be interested. Depends how it goes at Smoky Mtn retreat in June, plus situation with my grand daughter Maddie and school. Also the cost and dates.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 12:59 PM

Nan:

I might be interested. Depends how it goes at Smoky Mtn retreat in June, plus situation with my grand daughter Maddie and school. Also the cost and dates.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

But other than that, you're in.  LOL   Had to laugh because that's the way I feel.  I want to go but there are too many unknowns yet.

Page 1 of 4 (60 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use