quilt designing pattern

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
36 Posts
Points 1,025
Belinda posted on Wed, Apr 18 2012 6:05 PM

I have 32 - 8 in.friendship stars squares made to piece togather foar a scrappy quilt for my nephew . I am thinking of making design forming an M or R , initial , or maybe a flag pattern in center of the quilt ,with patriotic print   or Alabama (Crimson Tide) print  . Right now , have 10 patriotic squares and 8 Bama squares .  will need finished size 72 x 80 in. Anyone with experience doing this ???

B. Roberts

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
36 Posts
Points 1,025

I forgot to mention , I have recently searched for free quilt design software on internet . Thanx !

B. Roberts

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013

are the 8" squares finished or will they actually 7 1/2"?  Are the patriotic and alabama blocks included in your 32 blocks you first mentioned?

Can you use the alabama colors or red/white/blue to sash in between the blocks and then add 2-3 borders to make it the size you need?  I would try to simplify what you are trying to do and still retain the effect you want.  The initial with the blocks I don't think would read well (personal opinion).  It is hard to picture what you are working with so I'm not sure how else I can help. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use