Top 10 Posters

BABES ON THE BEACH

Page 20 of 40 (600 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 599 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

FYI - for those of you who are reading this thread I only wish you could hear all the great regional accents on this retreat....Midwestern, Southern, New England and even a bit of Carribean. It was a real treat to my ears to hear all your wonderful voices...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 10:06 PM

Wow, you are all putting the pedal to the metal!  What wonderful quilts, blocks are being produced.  Will we see the twilling lessons?  Time is surely flying, even from here, so I can just imagine how fast it is going by with all of you together.  I love to see all of you working, sleeping, relaxing...LOL

(((hugs))) to all of you.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 2:47 AM

Darlene completed another runner:

and she got to work on a crazy quilt:

Elaine got a turtle block done:

Diana completed her beach top:

and I finished my mini quilt. Hand appliquéd:

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 2:54 AM

All around the house you could find someone working. Nancy helped Marlene prepare for a stack and whack:

Marie worked on birthday blocks:

Does she have enough rotary cutters?

Pat worked on wool appliqué:

Barbara, Mary and Sue tried to look busy:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:05 AM

And the elves? Oh the elves were busy too. Darlene 2mh decided she didn't want their help so she took her projects to bed with her. The poor little elves had to find other ways to show off their creativity:

Tune in later to find out what surprise was waiting under there.

Remember the mark of Zorro? Well the elves left their mark on Diana's disappearing nine patch:

Marie was determined to avoid becoming a victim. She stayed up with a little help:

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:08 AM

Trivia time:

There's a rumour that one of our quilters plucks porcupines in her spare time. Who could that be?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:12 AM

Wow!  Lots of pretty work.   So glad to see the elves are on top of things.    Have a great day.

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,195
Pat A replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:47 AM

Just caught up on this thread.  You all are having so much fun AND being productive.  What beautiful quilts you have produced.  And Kris thanks for the photos.  It is nice to be able to put faces with names. 

VB was a wonderful choice for a retreat and the house is beautiful.   It is so beautiful there.  I have fond memories of it from the days I lived in Virginia. 

Keep on keeping on.......

Pat A. in KY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 7:49 AM

So many beautiful things are coming out of this retreat.  And those sly elves.  Doesn't look like anyone sleeps around there. 

You guys have redefined retreat. 

I have always found it funny that, at least at my church, the women go to retreats, and the men go to advance.  Doesn't look like those guys are advancing much. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080

Patti,

That was too funny. I agree though. LOL

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:48 AM

Wow.... so many beautiful projects!!  Wish I had been there with everyone.  You all had so much fun.

Enjoy your last day together.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:30 AM

It looks like a good place. Wondering if anyone wants to do a summer get together in the NJ area where I live. I can't travel with no vac time sigh. Now even my bf has a job with it and I don't. I think I might start looking again. Hate to leave the company but they have yet to even find me a new case tht sticks. I am only working 20 hours a week with a sometimes fill in case for 3 more hours or so.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:45 AM

Looks like someone needs to hook Marie up to a caffiene IV! It must be all of those boy toys she collects that are wearing her out. Really, Marie, If you'd share, you wouldn't need help keeping your eyes open!

The quilts you all are finishing are a joy. I love the little additions those elves sneak in. I know that as time passes, it'll be those quirky bits will be sure to bring a smile everytime one of your retreat quilts is unfolded. I just wish I was there helping add 'em....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315
Beth Weigt replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:57 AM

Everyone enjoy today! 

Waiting to see what under sewing machine "cover"........

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 11:24 AM

Kris,

Maybe we could guess who plucks porcupines if we knew what one does with a plucked porcupine.

Poor Marie!  So many Beach Buns...So little time! 

Amazing so much beautiful work is being created in spite of the elves and tomfoolery.  Why do I have this mental picture of bodies flung across rolled up projects to protect them from the Midnight Maurading Elf?  They should have left Peace Offerings of FQs out as protection!

So has Marlene received guidance about what to do with her Unique Fabric?  Or was it hopeless? I did notice it looks even 'more unique' when you see a bigger piece of it at one time!!

Max

Page 20 of 40 (600 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use