Top 10 Posters

BABES ON THE BEACH

Page 19 of 40 (600 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 599 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,423
Points 23,780
Maggie replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 11:15 AM

Awfully quiet on the board this morning.....Are you all  in Barbara's Twilling class yet or sleeping still?    Has the weather warmed up again?   Its in the 90's here this week and wil hit the century mark this weekend -- Finally had to set the heat/air to cool. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,963
Points 384,057
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 12:50 PM

Linda:
Who is the night fairy?

Linda,

I am not at liberty to divulge the identity of the elves/fairies. I'm sure you could guess who's involved.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,963
Points 384,057
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 1:22 PM

Oops Nana was still logged on when I posted those last photos.

Nana presented a quilt to Gladys this morning. She was surprised and very pleased:

Nana made a seahorse block:

Gini made scones for breakfast. They were absolutely delicious with Nana's lemon curd:

After breakfast Gini demonstrated how NOT to make a "hot dog pillowcase" and the proper technique for frogging:

Barbara's twilling class came after lunch:

Meanwhile, the "boys" enjoyed some male bonding time:

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 1:28 PM

gini:

chocake2:

gini:
They will not let the guys come to the retreat if they cant behave

You wouldn't have any fun in a room full of ...*ahem* ...boring quilting ladies, anyway. It's probably better tp enjoy your bachelors week at home, and spend the time doing 'guy stuff''.

Oh, yes he would.   This is gini

Geez Gini, I was trying to help you out...  Or did you actually want him there stirrring up more trouble?? LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

After a luscious breakfast of scones and lemon curd - I demonstrated how NOT to make con queso dip. I thought I  was being so clever to use authentic Mexican cheese instead of Velvetta.  I have now been relagated to the clean-up crew after serving up a lump of rubbery cheese studded with Rotella. Oh well, my heart was in the right place.  :o{ 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 2:08 PM

If your going to flame out do it in a big way infront of lots of new friends you really want to impress!!  Congratulations!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Vivian - are you referring to Gini's new way of making hot dog pillowcases or my faux paus in the kitchen?  Actually it was a sneaky way to NEVER being asked to help with the cooking at a retreat again  :o)

I certainly don't feel as bad at how I struggled with the needle turn applique after laughing along with Gini as she made her pillowcases this morning.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 3:12 PM

Well, if the cheesy pillowcase fits, wear it!! I use the same technique for getting out of mowing, every other year or so I completely blow mowing our acreage and my husband asks me nicely not to do that anymore.  Kind of a win/win.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

What a wonderful surprise for Gladys!  And she has earned it riding herd on all of you ladies and gents this week.  (And we all know from pictures posted that she knows how to use it!)

From the looks of the guys, they could have used some cuddle quilts, too!

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,963
Points 384,057
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 4:40 PM

Marge has added borders to her jelly roll quilt:

Joni made this cool appliquéd turtle. She drew the design herself:

There was a lull in the action so Barbara decided to "rest her eyes" in her spot at the table:

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

I found this thread this morning.  It's now afternoon and I've finally worked my way top to bottom. 

NANA:  Great job.  Beautiful house, sewing space and organization.

KRIS:  Your pictures are outstanding again.  What a great album.

GINI:  Teaching again with your warming smile and talent.

MNNANCY:  I see you are still the tallest one!

TO ALL THE REST:  I've enjoyed the retreat along with you from my kitchen.  What a great time.  It seemed I could smell and taste the wonderful (or not) food, and drinks on the deck in the sea air overlooking the Atlantic.

And the quilts.  The all night sewers.  They are a marvel.  And of course it would appear the quilting high jinks crew were very busy. 

The picture on the beach of Kris and Marie has a wonderful sweetness about it.  Great picture. 

And then MARIE:  what a kick in the pants you must be!  It's sooooo fun to see.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,800
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:57 PM

To all the Babes on the Beach!

I have so enjoyed seeing all your pictures, you're all having such a great time and something you'll remember for a long long time. I only hope that one day I can meet all of you at a retreat and have half as much fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Mary was head chef this evening.  Supper was a big hit.  MN Nancy and I got in another walk since we only have one more day to enjoy all of this.  We ogled at all the beautiful homes in this area. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will improve enough so we can walk on the beach again.  (A wee bit too brisk out there today)  Now Nancy and Marlene have her "infamous" fabric for her stack and whack draped on the pool table trying to figure out how to cut it for her stack and whack.  I can hear MUCH laughing and carrying on coming from the first floor sewing area.  Uh oh - this does not sound good.  They have just come upstairs and asked Marlene to make some Margueritas.  Hmm  - should they be allowed to drink and sew???  That bunch gets into enough trouble when they are stone cold sober!   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,423
Points 23,780
Maggie replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:08 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Mary was head chef this evening.  Supper was a big hit.  MN Nancy and I got in another walk since we only have one more day to enjoy all of this.  We ogled at all the beautiful homes in this area. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will improve enough so we can walk on the beach again.  (A wee bit too brisk out there today)  Now Nancy and Marlene have her "infamous" fabric for her stack and whack draped on the pool table trying to figure out how to cut it for her stack and whack.  I can hear MUCH laughing and carrying on coming from the first floor sewing area.  Uh oh - this does not sound good.  They have just come upstairs and asked Marlene to make some Margueritas.  Hmm  - should they be allowed to drink and sew???  That bunch gets into enough trouble when they are stone cold sober!   

Quick -0- Hide the Rotary Cutters.  LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,140

SIGH...I wish I were still with all of you!

Marge - The green border on your strip quilt really makes the quilt pop - gorgeous!

Darlene - I love the black/white/yellow crazy quilt you are working on. I hope you keep the gremlin's work on it as a souvenir. :-)

Joni - Awesome turtle. I need to think up a few applique projects of my own.

Nana - Your gift to Gladys is too wonderful. Bless your generous heart.

MN Nancy - How are you liking the applique part of your retirement quilt? I can't wait to see it all come togehter.

Marie - Careful with those needles... Somebody might end up with a new tattoo!

Elaine - Love your quilt. Great inspiration to keep working on mine.

Page 19 of 40 (600 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use