Top 10 Posters

Indigo Stars from Fons and Porter Nov/Dec 2011

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 85
BARBARAR-2 posted on Sat, Apr 14 2012 5:09 PM

This is marked as a TV project.  We do not get Love of Quilting in my area.  Did anyone tape the show or know how I can view this episode  Barb

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
2,722 Posts
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 5:38 PM

did you try going to fons and porter.com sign up to watch episodes that were broadcast. check their episodes. 

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 85

Thanks.  I did try to see their show postings but found out this must be a new show and isn't available yet.  I  guess I will do my usual job of making the quilt. It is always nice to talk to someone else who has made the same quilt.  I am always open to new tips and ideas.  BJ

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,422 Posts
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 11:30 AM

Barbarar-2

Isn't that a great quilt!   I bought the fabric to make it and have it on my to-do list.    Do you subscribe to Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Magazine?  If you can access the digital edition you can view the episode through the digital magazine article.   Do you get ReadyTV through your local PBS Station?  They are rcurrently re-showing the 1900 series.  

Good luck with the quilt -- I like that its the same block all the way through with just the colors reversed.  

Top 75 Contributor
1,368 Posts
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 12:25 PM

Maggie:
Isn't that a great quilt!   I bought the fabric to make it and have it on my to-do list.  

I love that quilt!!  Maggie, did you buy the kit or did you choose your own fabrics?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,422 Posts
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 1:44 PM

I found similar indigo  blues at 35 Ave from the same line.  Evidently by the time a quilt is done in the magazine, the fabrics used have already been clearanced out and not available.    The tans/creams I was able to pull from my stash.    Can't start it for awhile yet till I finish the Leavenworth blocks and rows.

Top 75 Contributor
1,368 Posts
Points 19,465

Maggie:
I found similar indigo  blues at 35 Ave

I wondered if that required a trip to 35th Ave.!  I really wish I had access to something even close to a store like that nearby.

I sent you a PM a few minutes ago.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Hi Maggie,

I thought I saw the Indigo Blues recently at Connecting Threads.

Judylee

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 85

Thanks for the information.  We do get PBS but I will have to look for the ready TV.  It is a nice quilt.  Not as hard as you might  think with all the points.    Barb

Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 85

I found the same problem when I went to buy the material.  It seemed too soon but I  think  it happens.  I did find some wonderful blues at a shop in Atlanta and also the tans.  I have started cutting out the pieces and sometimes that is the most daunting part of the quilt.  Oh well,  someone has to do it  !   Enjoy your quilting,  If I finish all my UFO's I will be the oldest woman alive.   Barb

Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:12 AM

I believe QNNTV has all the fons and porter videos and that a free perk with premium membership!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use