using a tv tray for an ironing board.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 170
shelbyjeanking@yahoo.com Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:17 AM

I have an Autistic son that eats and looks at books in the den.  We went to wal mart and got a TV tray for him to use when he is in there.  I was looking at it one day it is the same size as a cutting mat and a small ironing pad.  We got one for me and I  use it in my room.  When I can not be in there  TV tray comes out in my den so I can be with my son and do some crafting at the same time.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:25 AM

Shelby

That is a great tip.  I have looked at those TV trays several times thinking that it could be really useful.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 170

Nana, It is like a portable sewing station.   

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 745
Lola B replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:46 AM

I have a good quality wood tv tray that is sturdy enough to hold my lightweight sewing machine, so if needed I can carry it into another room to sew (my sewing room is also a guest bedroom.  There is also a space between my regular sewing table and the bed that makes it difficult to put binding on large quilts, I found that I could lay the tv tray on the edge of the bed and the edge of the sewing table and make an instant extension (not enough room to actually open the tray - but this works beautifully.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Points 905
rubyluise replied on Wed, May 23 2012 11:18 PM

I have metal and glass TV tray and I bought it from IKEA. It is very good usage of take lunch or dinner. I can say that It likes mini dining table for me and my family.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use