This post has 55 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 7:44 PM

mars92:

Karla

Did you miss Kaci yet?- They have your Burgandy Truck- or did you know? Hopefully they will let you know how they are doing in GA- They will arrive there on Sat. Let us know their antics, please.

I will be using someone else's I hope laptop sometimes in VA Beach. You tell my furbaby Ms Cricket - to behave. Or she will never see another retreat again. LOL

Many hugs

Marlene

Yes, when Kaci did not wake me up I realized she was gone and to my surprise my truck, too.  She did call home when she reached Washington to let me know that the 4-wheel drive worked great going up the muddy hill to get Dita.  They are having a ball and are now heading East and then South to Georgia.  She promised to bring the truck back in one piece and said that she and Ms. Cricket are practicing safe driving techniques.  Personally, it sounded like they were racing each other, but I don't want to think about that.  They said Jax is going to love sticking his head out of the sunroof.  

I'll try to keep you informed of their shenanigans.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 8:36 PM

Over the years, I've seen much of the US except Arizona (which is why I am pushing for a SW retreat there!) and Alaska.  DH and I have put a down payment on an Alaskan cruise in the early fall of 2013.  I would also love to revisit the coast of Maine and introduce DH to a clam bake of which I have fond memories.  Washington and Oregon are favorite vacation states for us and we get there most years.

Except for Canada and Mexico, I have never been outside of the US.  My dream vacation is an eating/drinking tour of Italy!  I'd also like to go on a photographic safari in Africa and tour the British Isles.  I don't see any of those coming anytime soon.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 9:46 PM

Me?  It's fun to dream about being able to pop across country to Maine and share a lobster dinner with Kris, and then zip back to the other coast for a few days exploring the Victoria gardens in BC.  I'd like to explore Machu pichu,  visit Egypt,  or see China and tour the Gobi dessert. (Wouldn't it be a hoot to have tea with a nomad while the camels rest?)  But I'm content here.  I'm blessed to live in one of the most breath-taking parts of the country with 2 nat'l parks within an easy day's drive.  Who could complain about that!??

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 9:52 PM

Jeanine:
Big Fork...my parents have a place that looks out over Flathead lake.  My DH has never been to MT.  I haven't been there for about 15 years.

I'm sure it's changed a bit since you were there last!! They've had a bit of a population boom over there.  It's a beautiful town, and the lake is gorgious...especially when the cherry trees are all blooming in  May/ early June.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,328
Points 373,277
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 10:48 PM

chocake2:
It's fun to dream about being able to pop across country to Maine and share a lobster dinner with Kris...

That would be awesome. Anytime you make that a reality I'm game.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:04 PM

I've been very fortunate thru the years and have seen all the states except Hawaii, Alaska, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Maine. And I've lived in over half the states at one time or another. Guess it was a side benefit of being married 21 years to a gypsy-at-heart. But there is only one place that calls to me...the Northwest corner of Arkansas.  I was born near Harrison, and would love to be back there.

The rest of the world? Germany, maybe.

Frances, I go to the Lost Gardens of Heligan about twice a day.  Have you checked out their webcams?  The barn owl is sitting on eggs now.

Max 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,521
Points 48,020
Frances replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:58 PM

MaxNTopeka:

Frances, I go to the Lost Gardens of Heligan about twice a day.  Have you checked out their webcams?  The barn owl is sitting on eggs now.

Max 

Max,

I hadnt been on there website for a while they have updated it since i was last on, the webcams are great i like the Owls, i will have to try and see if i can catch one of the eggs hatching.

So thank you Max, otherwise i wouldnt have thought about going back to their website.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 5:22 AM

Sheri

Come home, we will leave the light on!  Maggie and I are waiting for you!

Hugs

Marlene

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 575
Points 10,910
Pat A replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:57 AM

Gee, if I could go anywhere in the world I would go to Scotland, France, Switzerland, Italy and Easter Island.  Oh, yeah, Machu Pichu, Rio De Janero, Costa Rica.  In the states, I would love to go back to South Dakota and New Mexico.  Also, have never been to Alaska or Hawaii.  A tour of the northeast would be nice also.  Now if I could win the lottery and get rid of the arthritis in my legs so I could do all of that walking,  maybe I could do more than dream. 

Pat A. in KY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,771
Points 180,578
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 6:58 AM

Kris:
Sure Marie.  We can also see Italy together

Wow, that does sound exciting.  Think your family could put up with a "knucklehead"?

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:49 AM

Gotta add one more..I wanna see the minoian ruins in Crete. Anybody else wanna tag along to the meditereanian with me??

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:54 AM

MNnancy:
I've seen much of the US except Arizona (which is why I am pushing for a SW retreat there!)

We're working on it, Nancy!  I've been checking with friends who may be able to help us find a spot.  Maggie, Marlene, and Annie are checking around, too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,953
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:36 AM

chocake2:

Jeanine:
Big Fork...my parents have a place that looks out over Flathead lake.  My DH has never been to MT.  I haven't been there for about 15 years.

I'm sure it's changed a bit since you were there last!! They've had a bit of a population boom over there.  It's a beautiful town, and the lake is gorgious...especially when the cherry trees are all blooming in  May/ early June.

My parents go up there every summer so I get to see pictures and hear about everything.  They have 10 acres on the mountain side right off the road that is in front of flathead lake.  They have an orchird with lots of cherry trees (two types) and others.  We are hoping to hit it when the cherries are perfect for picking!

Here are a few pictures taken from my parent's front porch.  It is my dad's life work to take a picture of the sunset every night I think.  LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:43 AM

Your Dad does a fine job with his camera, Jeanine. You should turn these into art quilts!!

As long as you're gonna be there anyway,   be sure to mosie over to Big Fork Bay Quilt Co and do some shopping. Maybe you'll get to meet some of thier desingers. Toni Whitney got her start with them, altho I don't know if she still works there or not. The few times I've had contact with her leave me to say that she's sweet and fun.

It's not Napa valley, but they have a new winery over there. You'll definately have to sample their wears... LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,953
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:53 AM

chocake2:

Your Dad does a fine job with his camera, Jeanine. You should turn these into art quilts!!

As long as you're gonna be there anyway,   be sure to mosie over to Big Fork Bay Quilt Co and do some shopping. Maybe you'll get to meet some of thier desingers. Toni Whitney got her start with them, altho I don't know if she still works there or not. The few times I've had contact with her leave me to say that she's sweet and fun.

It's not Napa valley, but they have a new winery over there. You'll definately have to sample their wears... LOL

I am definitely go to the quilt shop.  Since I have converted my mom to be a quilter a few years ago, she goes there and usually finds something "special" to bring back for me.  Can't wait.  I wll check out the winery, too.  I am SO READY for a vacation!!

Where do you live?

Page 3 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use