Meet Me at the Southwest Florida Quilt Show

Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Wow!! Stephanie and Sandy the quilts are amazing..thanks for taking all that time to take and post so many pics...it was great to see the quilts and to give us inspiration

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:10 PM

Stephanie,

thanks for the photos. These quilts are fantastic. The Wizard of Oz quilt is nice. I love the appliqéd medallion in the quilt above WOO.

The fabrics you bought are beautiful. The Bunny's Day Out Panel is adorable.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,432
Thea replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:44 PM

Sandy, I am just starting through the photos and am already loving them - wow... and you got the wilmington cat fabric _ the one we were looking at about 3 months ago - kewl beans - i can't imagine what i will see next week in OKC... I know I am not taking any credit cards with me so I will only be buying what just hits me 3 times...lol

Now these quilts...the white with the flowers on point - gorgeous... reminds me of a lazy southern day with the flowers just tipping in the gentle breeze...

the sunflowers - I thought of Kansas and oh the work that went into making them - were they paper pieced...

the irish chain in pink - was it made for Think Pink - so pretty...

Oh the Fairies - so so cute - such a lot of work and I love that fairy in the tree... thank you Sandy...that looks like a May Pole - how many of you ladies have dance under a May pole - lol

that is a neat way to make a memory quilt... I love that idea...hmmmm...stored away in my memory chamber in my brain for future ideas...

Tasty Pineapples... wonder how the fruit inside tastes... like a rainbow of color... great imagination.

Gorgeous dresden plate - love that for the fall - I think that is gorgeous...

Oh those cats eyes - she captured them - almost like Oco's eyes... Kris you should make a quilt of Oco's head pic that you shared with us...

I love how she pieced the blocks and used the embroidery around them - must have one of the new machines - very nice...

I recognise some of those embroidery designs.  I love looking at them but the machine does so much of that work - i hope they were in a separate category by themselves... I know I have an embroidery machine and love what it does - it makes doing that so much easier but ... enough said...lol

Okay - back to loving them again - the orange quilt so pretty - spirit lifting colors...

The Christmas color quilt reminded me of my red and green quilt that i put on my pool table - I think it is almost or maybe is the same patttern...very nice quilting... gorgeous in fact ...to be that good - someday!  Oh that fussy cut Santa in the middle - wow... very nice...

I guess living in Japan for 5 years spoiled me - i loved looking at them but am not a fan of japanese...lol...

the puzzle pieces brought the smiles back to my face - I really like that - can you imagine making that with those curves... very nice...no curves but initially my eyes saw curves...like reading that sentence all mispelled that your eyes just adjust too... so neat...lol

my hands hurt just thinking about all that needle turn - the lady should get a Gold ribbon in my eyes...Now I love hawaiian applique - it reminds me of sunny dayz...

the next one - not sure what to call it but was very bright and on a dull day in winter would be great to look at... love her use of color...

The geometric one had my eyes going cross eyed like one of those puzzles that you look at and it appears to be moving but isn't it is just your eyes...

The blue one - was it a Judy Niemeyer pattern  - I think I have that pattern and it is beautifully done. 

Jayne Davis is Jodie's SM and a wonderfully talented lady.  One of her quilts was displayed in SL - it was gorgeous... Of course, I love both Jodie and Jayne...

Sandy - thank you so much - I was there with you in spirit and thank you ever so much for sharing these photos... you brightened my day so so much!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,432
Thea replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:54 PM

On to Stephanie's photos - and so would have loved to have been there to meet you too!  what a day you must have had...

Someday I will do a crazy quilt... they are so neat and I love the stories that go with them...

wow  that next one - reminded me of a lot of small around the world quilts sewn together - what a neat way to use up scraps too...hmmm another idea...storing it away.

Yes, I have that next pattern too - love it - jewel tones - fantastic...

the next one in browns and yellows/purples - neat - i like it...

Can't you just see those 3 ladies and wonder what they are talking about - very nice... I love quilts like this...

the next 2 - the workmanship - wow - I can't think of the name of that block - for the 2nd one there - it is alluding me but that is a tough block to make - very nice...

Prismatic pinswheels in pink - very nice - another Think Pink quilt?

wow is all I can say for the next one - the points - she did an awesome job.

the next one - was that a thimbleberries sampler - very pretty...

And Nana's WOZ - great - glad you showed us that one...

Thank you Steph - great pics and my walk around this quilt show caused me no pain... it was great... I am so glad you two got to meet and had a great day - hoping it is the start of a new friendship that blossoms into years of visiting the quilt show together... so great!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,432
Thea replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:56 PM

Stephanie - your bunny panel is what i made my bunnie quilt from - lol and I have a lot of the fabrics you showed... wow do our tastes run together...maybe I need jay to think about moving further south then PA - I know Jodie would love it if I moved to GA...lol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:59 PM

Stephanie,

Love the rabbit panels. Do you know the manufacturer? Thanks

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,432
Thea replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 3:01 PM

Carol - I believe it was a Wilmington print.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:51 PM

Yep, it's "Bunny's Day Out" by Wilmington.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:52 PM

Althea :
Oh those cats eyes - she captured them - almost like Oco's eyes... Kris you should make a quilt of Oco's head pic that you shared with us...

Good idea Thea. I'll have to work something out.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Rose, welcome to the QCA forums!

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Stephanie, thanks for sharing the additional pictures of the quilts. I'm in love with the jewel tone one! Actually, I really liked all that you and Sandy showed to us. :-)

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:44 PM

Stephanie

I love the fabrics you chose.  And the bunny panel is so fun.  You will have a beautiful quilt when you get done with all those pretty fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Carol:

Stephanie,

Love the rabbit panels. Do you know the manufacturer? Thanks

Carol, Kris and Thea answered this, Bunny's Day Out by Wilmington Prints. I just took a couple pic's not to overdue but the panel has 4 smaller prints and one large. All of them really are adorable and so fresh for spring.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Nana:

Stephanie

I love the fabrics you chose.  And the bunny panel is so fun.  You will have a beautiful quilt when you get done with all those pretty fabrics.

Thank you Nana, I have been playing with EQ6 in some different patterns. I did a Dahlia pattern that would be amazing but I don't know if I could handle that curvy type project. Unfortunately EQ6 doesn't tell you how to assemble these. I also did a 25 patch block quilt that would be really neat. The best part about these is they will work with my bedroom wall color.  Yay.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Kris:

Althea :

Good idea Thea. I'll have to work something out.

Kris, that picture of Oco was truly amazing and would make a really neat quilt. His eyes are gorgeous.

Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use