Page 2 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:12 AM

sandy and stephanie, hang onto your checkbooks and have a super time.   i'm really jealous, here.    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883

Thanks Everyone, I'm so excited that I'm already up at 3:00 in the morning! I went to bed early and here I am 5 hours later awake and anticipating the beautiful quilts we might see, and Sandy said a new LQS located close by is having a Grand Opening as well! I'll probably have my Christmas money spent in 10 minutes. LOL  Oh, Have to make sure my camera is by my purse.  Gotta get some pic's for all of you. Wish you all could be here with us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:58 AM

Stephanie

I wish I could be with you guys as well.  Have a great day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Oh we had such a great time!!  Meeting Stephanie was like running into an old friend and was the highlight of my day.  We started talking and laughing the minute we met and did not stop all day.  I had a fantastic day!

We got there when the doors opened at 9am since this show is usually very crowded, but not today.  There was a very sparse turn out, which was bad for the guild, but good for us.  We were able to see and photograph all the quilts without including people we didn't know.  And we were even able to get into all the vendor's booths to see everything.  We both found some fabrics we had seen on-line and been looking for.  (Althea, I got the cat prints from Wilmington prints that I wanted!!)  Actually, we were both very good.  Other than some raffle tickets, the fabric was all we bought.

We shopped from 9am to 11:30, took a lunch break and then spent a couple of hours looking at all the quilts.  Then we took one more walk through the vendors and called it a day around 3pm. We were both so tired we decided to skip the LQS since Stephanie had about an hour's drive to get home.

Ok, enough chatter.  Here are the Pics.

Best in Show

Similar to Janine's wedding quilt.

It doesn't show too well, but the quilted hearts in the solid squares are puffed.

Althea, this one is for you.  Fairies!

This one was made with 30's repro fabrics and some of grandma's crocheted doillies and her hankie had been appliqued to the quilt.  Some of grandma's favorite sayings are also included.

We liked the way the pineapples and the border fabrics go from light in the top right corner to dark in the lower left. 

The color doesn't show well in this pic, but this is very pretty fall colors.  Orange, gold, greens, and browns.

Very cool quilt.  If I had remembered to vote for viewer's choice, this one would have gotten my vote.

This was beautiful embroidery and applique. 

There were several quilts with machine embroidered blocks.  Here are some of them.

Another beautiful fall quilt.

This gorgeous quilt was done in Christmas fabrics and the poinsettia quilting in the setting blocks was all done free motion and was beautiful.

This has a panel on the right side, pieced blocks on the left and japanese fans appliqued.  Very pretty.

This was called "R U Pzld?" 

This was needle turn applique and very well done. Celtic ribbons 

This one was also needle turn (by the same quilter) and was her first Hawaiian applique.

A few others that I liked.

And this was a very exciting find.

"The Pilgrim/Roy Invitational Quilt Challenge is an annual quilt challenge sponsored by Hancock's of Paducah and Hobbs Bonded Fibers.  Promising talented new and nationally know quilters are selected by Gerald E. Roy to participate in the annual challenge.  2010 participating quilt makers are:  ... Jodie Davis and Jayne Davis, Canton, GA. (among others)

I only got the one pic before we saw the sign that said No Photography Please.  Maybe Steph got a better one.

I wish you could have all been here, but I hope you enjoy these pics of just some of the 200+ quilts that were on display.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:39 PM

Sandy

I am drooling.  The quilts are absolutely gorgeous.  Thank you so very much for sharing.  So glad that you and Stephanie had a chance to meet.  I am sure you had a fantastic time.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,352
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:08 PM

Sandy,

fantastic job on the photography. These quilts are exquisite. I don't know if I could have picked a favourite. I really like the embroidered quilts and the needleturn appliqué is amazing. I can only dream of being that good. 

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm glad you and Stephanie had a good time and got along famously. I'm so jealous.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 10:47 PM

We did have a great time. Our first laugh came as I called her in the parking lot when I got there and she asked me if I was in the white Cadillac? I couldn't quite figure out in my mind how she knew that but it suddenly made sense when she told me that she had called the cell number I had given her and it turned out that I had given her my DH's number which is just one number away from mine. OMG. Nothing but air up there!

I really did feel like we had known each other for a long time as well, and it's funny as we would see quilts or patterns it made us think of all of you as well. They even had a Wizard of Oz Quilt Nana!

So many beautiful patterns and fabrics for sale and the sample quilts for the patterns were sooo cute. We didn't win any door prizes but We still have the raffle boxes we put tickets in. Good luck Sandy and thanks for sharing your day with me. This was my first Quilt Show and I hope to attend many more.......

PS. I haven't loaded my pic's on yet, but will in the a.m. and see if my Jodie quilt challenge pic turned out. Your pictures of all the quilts came out great!   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

It sounds like the two of you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics, Sandy. I'm looking forward to seeing the ones Steph took, too. The quilts are beautiful!

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 55
rose270 replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 1:55 AM

Sandy,

Thanks so much for sharing. I really wanted to go this year, but I went to the show in WPB in November and I'm still finding things I forgot I bought. My son lives in Ft Myers so we are over on that coast every few months and it's an easy visit. Maybe next time. I really want to make it there. Looks and sounds like you are having a marvelous time.

Party on

Rose

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:09 AM

Sandy and Stephanie,

Looks like you had a stupendous time. The quilts are beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883

I got my pictures loaded this morning and will try not to duplicate any of Sandy's.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883

I think I must have been in Springtime mode as usually I gravitate to fall colors, but these are what I ended up not being able to "live without" LOL from the shopping end of our trip.The first is a bundle of fat quarters from a new RJR collection called Dolce. And the rabbits are a panel. They're just so cheerful I couldn't resist.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Kris:
the needleturn appliqué is amazing.

Kris, Stephanie and I were standing there studying the Hawaiian quilt trying to figure out if it was fused as we could not see any stitches, when one of the show staff asked us what we were looking for.  Before we could answer she said  "I know what you're looking for and you better not find any or I made it wrong."  The Hawaiian and the Celtic quilts were hers and she did a fantastic job on the needle turn.  We could not see a stitch anywhere.  The appliqued pieces on the Hawaiian were a beautiful batik and the Celtic was done in beautiful jewel tones.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883

RW:

Sandy,

Thanks so much for sharing. I really wanted to go this year, but I went to the show in WPB in November and I'm still finding things I forgot I bought. My son lives in Ft Myers so we are over on that coast every few months and it's an easy visit. Maybe next time. I really want to make it there. Looks and sounds like you are having a marvelous time.

Party on

Rose

Rose, LOL about still finding things you forgot you bought. I really was proud of myself for not going overboard. They had some phenominal patterns that I could have really gone crazy with. Some of the wall hangings were little quilt scenes. They were applique and so detailed. Too fun. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 9 2010 9:36 AM

Stephanie

So very pretty.  I love the WOO quilt.  I had looked at the sepia tone fabrics but decided I liked the colors better.  Your pics are awesome.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use