Meet Me at the Southwest Florida Quilt Show

Page 1 of 4 (51 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:26 AM

The Southwest Florida Quilt Guild has their bi-annual show in January.  This is always a fantastic show with lots of quilts and vendors.  I know there are several QCA members who are not too far from Ft. Myers and wondered if anyone would like to meet me at the show.  I usually go to the show by myself or drag my poor DH, but it would be so much fun to go with other quilters.  Please let me know if you can make it.

January 8 & 9, 2010 -- North Fort Myers
"Quilting: The Original Green"
  9 to 5 daily; $7 admission
Lee County Civic Center, 11831 Bayshore Road, North Fort Myers
sarahobbs@aol.com
Sponsored by Southwest Florida Quilters Guild www.swfqg.com
Over 40 vendors; 100s of judged quilts; appraisals available; boutique; raffle quilt; miniature quilt auction Saturday; food on site; post cards with proceeds going to Komen Foundation; ample parking

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:45 AM

Sandy

That sounds like so much fun.  Wish I was closer to Ft Myers.  It is so beautiful down there .... but alas .....   I live a good 12 - 14 hrs from you.  Have fun and hope some of the Floridians decide to meet up with you.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 7:07 PM

Wish I could be there. Take lots of photos when you go.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 9:27 PM

sandy i wish i could go with you,   have fun.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Dec 8 2009 12:46 PM

Hope you get some nice pictures!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Sandy--

I would so love to meet up with you at the quilt show.  The irony is that I will be in FL during that time, but in Orlando from 1/7-12.  Wish the two cities were closer together.  Is this show an annual event and is it held about the same time each year?  My daughters and I meet in Orlando for the Disney Family Marathon weekend every year during the first week in January and the 2010 one is all scheduled, but maybe next year, I could manage a side trip.  Would be such fun.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Joyce Brenden:
Is this show an annual event and is it held about the same time each year? 

Actually, Joyce, they do it every two years so the next one won't be until 2012.  It would be great if you could make it sometime.  They really do put on a nice show.

I'm jealous that you are going to Disney.  DH and I love Disney and used to go several times a year.  Unfortunately, we have cat sitter problems, so have not been able to go for a couple of years.  I hope you have a great time.

Southwest Florida

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 9 2009 3:26 AM

Sandy,

That is about the time I get really bummed about winter, wish I could be there, send lots of pictures please.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Wed, Dec 9 2009 6:21 AM

Would luv to go but  a little to far for me... IL here...Luv shows they give me so many ideas for new stuff..

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 9 2009 8:55 PM

Fort Myers, Florida, in early January?  Doesn't that sound enticing to a Minnesotan!  I will definitely meet you there at the next show in two years!  I'll be retired then, and I think even DH would agree to come along.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Well, Stephanie and I are off to the quilt show tomorrow.  I am so excited to get to meet one my QCA friends in person and I know we will have a great time at the show.  We'll be sure to take lots of pics to share and we'll give you all the details tomorow night.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 7:52 PM

Sandy - have fun!  I will be thinking of you and YES i do expect photos!

We have the Winter quilt show starting here next week and Kay Woods is one of the teachers along with Mark Lipinski - i can't afford to sign up for any of the classes or to see mark's show that he is putting on but am going down to take a walk through... say hello to them and see what is new!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 8:38 PM

Sandy

You and Stephanie have a great time.  I also expect lots of pictures....

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:09 AM

Sandy and Stephanie I'll be thinking of you having all the fun tomorrow. Take lots and lots of photos so I can pretend I was there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:10 AM

Althea :

Sandy - have fun!  I will be thinking of you and YES i do expect photos!

We have the Winter quilt show starting here next week and Kay Woods is one of the teachers along with Mark Lipinski - i can't afford to sign up for any of the classes or to see mark's show that he is putting on but am going down to take a walk through... say hello to them and see what is new!

Thea this show sounds like it will lots of fun too. I wish I could go too.

Page 1 of 4 (51 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use