Top 10 Posters

Ready For Christmas- How many quilts did you make for Christmas presents or quilty things

Page 11 of 16 (230 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 229 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,869
gini replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 11:17 AM

trudy your skirt/ topper is great.  i love the fabric.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,799
Points 352,047
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 11:22 AM

Trudy:
What do you ladies think?  Tree skirt or multi-purpose decorative thingy?

All of the above Trudy. It's very pretty. The fabric is lovely and the quilting complements it beautifully.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 11:25 AM

Nana,  so glad you understand my technical terms.  :O)  I was even thinking...be afraid, be very afraid, that I could cut out the scenes and make them into a straight table runner or even a real, bonafide lap quilt....can't beat it for the price.

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 11:28 AM

Nana, it is reversible but with Non-Christmas fabric so it can be used throughout the year.  I like multi-use items...

Trudy

Downey, CA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 525

I notice several of you have diabetes, as do I. I have considerable difficulty controlling my levels, even taking meds. However, I think my stress levels, diet, and forgetting to eat regularly have much more to do with the up and down levels I have than anything else. Anyone have any good suggestions for my getting on track.

When my levels are off, I have no energy whatsoever; and yes, I do have difficulty thinking straight and making decisions when they are off. These two issues interfere with my quilting and my sewing clothes for the grandchildren. I really dislike that, especially since I am in the midst of so many projects just now, trying to finish many before Christmas.

I am handquilting a throw-sized quilt; I am 2/3 finished piecing and embroidering one top, I am 3/4 finished with my self-designed bedspread (king), I need to make hanging pockets for four small quilts, and I have several tops finished that I need to quilt.

Most of my piecing I do by machine, but of late I have done several items by hand. So far, I have done all of my quilting by hand. I am almost afraid of my machine when it comes to machine quilting. I am also wanting to do some machine embroidery on some quilts and fear that as well. I am sure that if I could overcome these fears, I would be more likely to complete my Christmas quilting projects in time--at least the small ones. Some people will open partially finished projects with a note promising fulfillment. Christmas is approaching too fast.

In answer to the question: No, I am not ready for Christmas. Those of you who are should be quite proud of yourselves.

Susie from Indy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 12:23 PM

"Some people will open partially finished projects with a note promising fulfillment. Christmas is approaching too fast."

Susie...I have done this so many times one year my sister was so surprised she didn't get an IOU from me. 

I have read that rasberries and chromium picolinate are good for helping to regulate blood sugar.  Exercise is supposed to be great as well.  I hope you get this under control as you have way too much to lose...but I can only imagine how hard it must be...it is a lot easier to throw out ideas than to actually have to live with the disease so my heart goes out to you.  My priest struggles so badly with his sugar levels and it is so consuming for him to have to worry about it all the time with the 100's of other things on his mind...

Trudy

Downey, CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:59 PM

Hi Jay Marie

Thankyou for your well wishes.

I am doing OK. I have to agree about the Diabetes and tiredness though. My doctor will not put me on Metformin until after the first of the year as he wants to see how low he can get my Prednisone dosage.

Prednisone which I have to be on to exist elevates my sugar levels of course. So we shall see.

The main thing is I am not in near the pain I used to be and I can breathe and go up and down stairs nowwithout being out of breath.  

I am feeling so much better than I was.

Thanks Jay Marie

I just love your babies.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:04 PM

Trudy

That is so pretty.

It could be a tree skirt or it could be a tablecloth. You could even make some stockings out of it.

Very , Very pretty and what a deal on the fabric.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:13 PM

Hi Susie from Indy

I fear I am much like you. I know how you mean about not having any energy because of your diabetes. It is very hard to regulate it with just diet and exercise.

Hopefully we will get our energy in the New Year.

I am pleased that even though I have not got a lot of Christmas gifts made this year I have gotten a lot accomplished and for that I am very thankfull.

Especailly for Helen wo has so graciously trusted me with quilting her quilts and Christmas presents enabled me to buy more stash of course and has really given me a new found confidence I did not have before with my machine quilting.

Suzie you must enjoy your hobby and not stress. I find when I relax and not worry and just do----everything always turns out.

You will find your niche.  Sometimes it just takes a special project or a special person to motivate you.

I wish you all of this and more. Hang in there. I am certain you do wonderful work ---BUT you must relax and enjoy. BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that I am feeling better and am gradually moving into my new quilting Studio.

Life is good.

I will be ready for Christmas when it comes. What isn't done isn't done. No sense sweating the small stuff.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:15 PM

Me too Joyce!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd --this group sure does motivate you.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:35 PM

Hi Edith...each skirt comes with 2 printed stockings...so double the bonus...I'm telling you, it was the sale of the century!

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:59 PM

Trudy:

Hi Edith...each skirt comes with 2 printed stockings...so double the bonus...I'm telling you, it was the sale of the century!

Now that is what I call a real deal.....WTG Trudy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 6:32 PM

OK Nana, Trudy Girls

Are you ready????????????????

My first  Christmas Gift  Foldy Pot Holder. Have to bind it yet.

Can you believe it?. I luv doing fidly stuff like this.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 6:35 PM

Edith

I love it.  Where did you get the pattern?  I would like to do some of those for next year.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 6:59 PM

Nana

Send me your mailing address by going to friends conversations and I will mail it to you.

Edith

Page 11 of 16 (230 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use