need an out of print book

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 80
cbjanh Posted: Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:43 AM

Hi,  I have been a quilter for many years and have dabbled in new techniques and ideas over the years.  I retired in 1995 and moved to Baja California where I have a million dollar view of the Pacific Ocean and a laid back life style that suits me just fine.  I never regret a day, nor do I ever miss the hussle and bustle of a working life.  My "stash" is my store now.  There are no quilt shops in Mexico!!!

I now need to get rid of some of my stash as it is very, very, ...o.k.....   very old.  But it would make great rag rugs.  I have a loom that my late husband made for me, but unfortuneatly I have lost the instructions for making the colorful rugs it produced.  If anyone out there knows of the book I am talking about, please let me know.  I tried crocheting the rugs, but my arthritic hands doth protest.

The Internet has made it possible for me to keep up with the latest and greatest out there and an occasional trip to the States gives me time to hit a quilt shop or two.  Thank goodness for that.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:48 AM

Your home sounds beautiful.  I could live by the ocean and be so at peace but my husband hates the salt and the sand.  I only get to visit the beaches.   Sorry but I can't help with your book but I hope you will chat with us and tell us about your quilts and just anything and everything you are willing to tell.  I think you will enjoy the site.  There are some really wonderful people with lots of quilting knowledge.  Have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 1:54 PM

cbjanh,    welcome.     i've been needing a vacation in the sun, any room?   it sounds like you live in a beautiful spot.  what kind of loom do you have?   you should be able to find a looming site on the internet, make that weaving,  a looming site sounds like stalking.   i've retired, but so far am still hustling and bustling?   gotta work on that.   what kind of quilts do you like to make?       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums. I was going to ask the same thing Gini did except then I realized your husband made the loom so it's probably not a brand name you're looking for. Are you looking for instructions to make rugs on a loom? You should be able to do a Google search for making rugs. About.com has lots of different instructions for a start.

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,246
Points 239,852
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 2:52 PM

cbjanh...welcome to QCA - I would do a search on looms if I was you and probably could find them that way... I will see what I can find for you ... I think I know the book you are talking about as my mom used to make rugs on her loom - she just gave all that stuff away as I didn't want it... have enough to do with my quilting and occasional painting/knitting/crocheting/gardening to do anything with looms...

If I get a hold of her today I'll ask her if she remembers any of the books she had...

again welcome to QCA... I can't promise anything but I will try and help... I have to knit these hats today and tomorrow and monday I have guild but Tues I want all these gifts in the mail so I won't be able to do much till next week... but I have your requests on my list and if someone else doesn't get an answer before then...

anyway... I am rambling but I will try.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 3:11 PM

Hello Cb,

welcome to the group. Have you tried Alibris? They are a good source for out of print books.

Good luck in your search.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use