Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 1:43 AM

MNnancy:

Frances:

Marie,

What you call jonquils we call daffodils.

Actually, what Marie calls jonquils we call daffodils, too!  LOL

Congratulations on your chocolate retirement, Frances, and good luck in your future endeavors.  Retirement from work to full-time quilting wasn't an option?

Marie, always trys to confuse me, most days its not difficult.

Nancy no retirement from work to full time quilting wasnt an option.......oh how i wish.

Thank you to everyone for there kind words.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:25 AM

Frances:

gini:

Frances, good luck on the next leg of this journey we call life.  You will make a wonderful teaching assistant.    I can work with the kids at school one morning a week, much more than that and I would go bonkers.

Gini what do you mean you would go bonkers, i thought you already were.

lots of love

Francesxx

you make a good point,  I would go more  bonkers. Or is that bonkier

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:46 PM

Frances, I am glad for you that you are moving on to better things.  I think that you will make an excellent teacher's assistant.   The kid's will love you and your humor.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:51 AM

Frances, I found this post over on the Quilting Board and figured this must be one of your friends.  If she is not talking about you, and you did not receive this gift, then I am sending it to you virtually.

A dear friend is leaving our place of employment to venture out to another job.

I will miss her... this is my gift to her.

Hope she likes it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:58 AM

Nancy,

No not me i dont know anyone else who quilts, although i have to say it definately could have been me with words like Dance like nobody is watching, it sure sounds like someone who knows me or at least has seen me dance.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,525
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:50 PM

Frances:

Thanks Angele,

It seems like ive got most of the qualifications, ive got the sense of humour and im a lot crazy.

lots of love

Francesxx

then Frances, you will do just fine! With all the stories you write here, I think you will be an exceptional assistant! Best of lick!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 9:31 PM

Angele:
Best of lick!

You don't want to lick her, Angele.  She doesn't work at the chocolate factory anymore.   LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:59 PM

Frances

Best of luck with your new job.  Have fun and enjoy yourself.  And when all else fails just dance.  I know that it will calm down all the little "angels".

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,525
Angele replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:36 AM

MNnancy:

Angele:
Best of lick!

You don't want to lick her, Angele.  She doesn't work at the chocolate factory anymore.   LOL

thanks Nancy.  LOL. I really need to read before posting, don't I?  I really meant Best of luck! I promise, I'm not in the habit of licking....hihihi.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:29 AM

Angele:

MNnancy:

Angele:
Best of lick!

thanks Nancy.  LOL. I really need to read before posting, don't I?  I really meant Best of luck! I promise, I'm not in the habit of licking....hihihi.

I did wonder, i thought maybe it meant something else in the states than it does in England.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,525
Angele replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 4:16 PM

Actually Frances, I'm from Ontario, Canada!  And even though my first language is French, I try really hard not to make obvious mistakes like that one... There is a big difference between lick and luck even in French!  Hihihi.

it just gives my friends great pleasure when my accent makes words sound totally different.  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 12:57 AM

Angele:

Actually Frances, I'm from Ontario, Canada!  And even though my first language is French, I try really hard not to make obvious mistakes like that one... There is a big difference between lick and luck even in French!  Hihihi.

it just gives my friends great pleasure when my accent makes words sound totally different.  

I can understand that i once had a Nigerian lady working with us, everytime she said sheet it sounded like a four letter word beginning with s and ending in t, we were quite often in stiches especially when she said it to someone and they used to look and think did she really say what i thought she said and when she said wheelie bin it sounded like willie bean.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,525
Angele replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:21 PM

So I guess you too would thoroughly enjoy my trials with the English language...lol. It's ok that is how I learn to think twice and speak once...hihihi. After 26 years in English com unities, my accent is not as strong as it used to be, except to the ears of strangers.  I noticed the smiles and look when the madams who were marauding in Michigan heard me talk for the first time on Skype or FaceTime. And it's ok...this is me.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:32 PM

Oh Pooh Angele,  You can't even get the states right, it was Missouri ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:48 PM

angele, i was smiling because i was able to do face time with you.  another technological breakthrough for me,  thanks to kris.

living in the western states, we only hear one accent.  boring.  it is a joy to go to the retreats in the east and listen to the accents from all over our country and from  yours.   actually in the summer our  albertan neighbors show up  with their accents.  several families own condos here.  what a fun group they are.

my favorite accent, so far,  is  sabrina's.   i could listen to her soft drawl, all day long. 

gini in north idaho

Page 7 of 8 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use