rated by 0 users
This post has 106 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 2:10 PM

Melissa and Candis,

I would love to meet you one day i was well, i was so excited to be going to the states next year to meet people at one of the retreats and ive been very disappointed that ive had to cancel but who knows what will happen in the future, God makes his own plans, and he seems to let me know when he wants me to know and not before, but all of you are such inspirations to me.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 9:42 AM

Well its finally happened i decided it was time to leave so a month ago i handed in my  notice and yesterday was my last day, On Monday i took in cakes Banana cake, Mango and Fruit muffins, Applesauce cake and Lemon Drizzle cake they were all eaten.

Yesterday they surprised me with lots of pressies i will miss the people very much but the work was getting too much for me, so im taking a bit of time off to sort out some things and then hopefully im going to get a job as a Teaching Assistant.

These are the flowers i received.

So this is the end of Challenges of a Chocolate packer but maybe the next one will be

Adventures of a Teaching Assistant.

Lots of love

Francesxx

THE END.................................FOR NOWxx

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Frances, the flowers from the chocolate friends are beautiful! You take time to rest and enjoy being home. Teaching Asst sounds fun, but tiring. How fun to start a new chapter in life! Take care my Friend!

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 12:42 PM

Frances, your flowers are beautiful, i'm sure your friends will miss you very much, and i can"t wait to hear of your adventures as a teachers assistant

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 12:46 PM

Frances, your flowers are beautiful, you certainly are a good friend and you deserved them.  I love the yellow Jonquils the best, they're my favorite flower.  You'll make an awesome teaching assistant. 

Love and hugs,

Marie

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 1:19 PM

Marie:

Frances, your flowers are beautiful, you certainly are a good friend and you deserved them.  I love the yellow Jonquils the best, they're my favorite flower.  You'll make an awesome teaching assistant. 

Love and hugs,

Marie

Marie,

What you call jonquils we call daffodils.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 4:20 PM

Frances:

Marie,

What you call jonquils we call daffodils.

Actually, what Marie calls jonquils we call daffodils, too!  LOL

Congratulations on your chocolate retirement, Frances, and good luck in your future endeavors.  Retirement from work to full-time quilting wasn't an option?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 5:48 PM

Frances and Nancy, you are right, they are called daffodils but one strain is called Jonquils.  Don't know which.  I'll have to look it up.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 6:21 PM

Frances, you received beautiful flowers on your  last day.  I am certain you will be greatly missed at your place of work.   Now we will just have to read of the" adventures of a former chocolate packer" until you get a new job  as a teaching asst..   Take care and get some well deserved rest and time with your Dad.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 6:33 PM

Marie:

Frances and Nancy, you are right, they are called daffodils but one strain is called Jonquils.  Don't know which.  I'll have to look it up.

Marie, I know that the name for daffodils in French is jonquilles.  But I learned something new. I didn't know they were a specific variety. 

Frances, a tiny piece of advice from a education assistant to a future one... After about 20 years of doing this job, we figured that there were three things you needed: a great sense of humor, to be a bit crazy...more or less, and to be able to find beauty in the most difficult children.  . Good luck! I still love my job. And I learn from the kids every day.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 606
Points 9,655
Joyce replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 6:57 PM

Frances the flowers are beautiful.  Whatever you decide to do you will be fine.  Enjoy your time off.  Will look forward to seeing your quilts posted.  Your change is just in time for spring.

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:57 PM

Angele, I looked it up and the daffodil/jonquil is actually from the narcissus family, check it out, very interesting

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,460
Points 416,729
gini replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 8:23 PM

Frances, good luck on the next leg of this journey we call life.  You will make a wonderful teaching assistant.    I can work with the kids at school one morning a week, much more than that and I would go bonkers.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 1:37 AM

gini:

Frances, good luck on the next leg of this journey we call life.  You will make a wonderful teaching assistant.    I can work with the kids at school one morning a week, much more than that and I would go bonkers.

Gini what do you mean you would go bonkers, i thought you already were.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 1:40 AM

Thanks Angele,

It seems like ive got most of the qualifications, ive got the sense of humour and im a lot crazy.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 6 of 8 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use