Top 10 Posters

Challanges of a Chocolate Packer

Page 5 of 8 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 106 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:51 AM

I was reading a couple of the "sports" to my son last night, laughing until I cried, and he just shook his head & said we are all nuts.

That's mighty high praise in my book, what do you think, ladies?

(Can my uneven chocolate bar have nuts?)

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:35 PM

Susie, nuts are good with chocolate.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:44 PM

Susie:

I was reading a couple of the "sports" to my son last night, laughing until I cried, and he just shook his head & said we are all nuts.

That's mighty high praise in my book, what do you think, ladies?

(Can my uneven chocolate bar have nuts?)

Susie,

You know when you've really made it when they tell you that you're special.

lots of love

Francesxx

ps ive also been called a Fruit loop, that crazy woman in the packing room, certifiable and i nearly always sign off my emails at work as Nutter in packing.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 10:53 AM

Donna B:

OK, you guys have to watch this local "Doggy Dash" that is held here every year.  Every one has a good time and all proceeds go to our local animal shelter.

Here is the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6P1vyHWClE

Donna B - thanks for posting the video of the Doggy Dash! I'm a tad bit late in watching it but the view was worth the wait! That guy in white had a really nice tail!! Guess I always did like a really nice tight rear. (that's cause mine's not) Very funny and love the costumes........ again, thanks for sharing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 3:35 PM

Let's not forget the Conconully outhouse race!  I have a picture of that somewhere.  Even competed with a team from work.  Good winter sport, outhouse on skis, and there must be someone sitting in the house. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:30 AM

Patti:

Let's not forget the Conconully outhouse race!  I have a picture of that somewhere.  Even competed with a team from work.  Good winter sport, outhouse on skis, and there must be someone sitting in the house. 

Patti, between the Doggy Dash and the Outhouse Race...everyone probably thinks all Washingtonians are CRAZY...LOL!  But it is all in good fun and a happy break after a long winter, right?

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:32 AM

I was just thinking how funny it is that everyone has been coming up with "winter" games when it is hotter than XX00 everywhere here!  I guess thinking about snow sports is helping everyone deal with the heat...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

Since ive been semi quiet for a little while, i will fill you in, well not only do we pack Chocolates but we also pack some powders Pectin, Xanthan Gum and Isomalt.

Pectin you use for jam making, Isomalt is a sugar substitute and Xanthan Gum is a thickening agent, well my least favourite is Xanthan Gum is arrives in 25kg bags and get put into small pots, powder flies everywhere (and i mean everywhere) after ive finished i then try to clean the desk down, once this stuff is slightly wet it resembles wall paper paste very slimy, but the best bit is i then have to go and strip off (ladies washrooms before you lot think anything else) as it travels three quarters of the way up my arms, so now my arms are all slimy as well it takes forever to wash it off, but now i have the latest in fashion theyve got me an all in one baby suit, yes it looks like the type you see on the news when they are inspecting dodgy substances.  So now the camera footage is going to show a fashion show either me dancing in my normal attire White coat, hair net and Blue gloves or dancing with me in my all in one baby suit.....Wow its an exciting life........Who wants to change places with me now.....

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:10 AM

OK, Frances, Dear. I will pass on that job. So sorry you must suffer that. Yuck. But, it IS yuck with a paycheck.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:17 PM

Sukochi,

Its okay it makes the girls laugh to see me with all this gunge everywhere.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:21 AM

Well heres a bit of an update,

As from February someone else will be supervisor in the packing room, as im going to be working part time, YEAH. more time to spend with my dad and quilting.

We are now what is officially termed by us as the silly season, just moving into the silly week, this is the week where hotels finally realise its Christmas week and they want everything yesterday.

This Christmas we have played with Chocolates, Stollen and Mince pies to our hearts content, sang our Hawaiian Christmas Carols, and on Friday i will cook the girls there Christmas dinner this will be the first time ive done this so everyone keep your fingers crossed that it doesnt end up burnt or raw.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,448
Points 176,343
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:38 AM

Frances:

Well heres a bit of an update,

As from February someone else will be supervisor in the packing room, as im going to be working part time, YEAH. more time to spend with my dad and quilting.

We are now what is officially termed by us as the silly season, just moving into the silly week, this is the week where hotels finally realise its Christmas week and they want everything yesterday.

This Christmas we have played with Chocolates, Stollen and Mince pies to our hearts content, sang our Hawaiian Christmas Carols, and on Friday i will cook the girls there Christmas dinner this will be the first time ive done this so everyone keep your fingers crossed that it doesnt end up burnt or raw.

lots of love

Francesxx

I'm happy for you Frances and I bet Dad is happy too, he must be lonesome without Mom.  As for the dinner, have the girls tip a few before hand and they won't know if it's burnt or raw.  LOL  Just kidding, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:42 AM

Thanks Marie,

We have some really horrible Rum truffles maybe i should insert some of those into the turkey to make sure no one notices if its burnt.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Frances:

Thanks Marie,

We have some really horrible Rum truffles maybe i should insert some of those into the turkey to make sure no one notices if its burnt.

lots of love

Francesxx

Oh Frances, I love reading your posts. I sure hope I get to meet you someday. You make me laugh, smile and giggle all at the same time. I know  you'll have a great Christmas dinner and week.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 11:23 PM

Frances:

mars92:
The Quilters Crazies Dance. We may have to work up a routine at VA Beach. I got the music and we gotta get the moves. Yahoo!

It will be Smokey Robinson and the Miracles eat your heart out, what should we call ourselves Rotary Cutter and the fat quarters.

lots of love

Francesxx

ps saw your message i just need 3 hours to reply to it.xx

or the honey Buns or watch those Jelly Rolls!   I would love to see you at a retreat, you are so much Fun!  Thanks or the chuckles!!

Page 5 of 8 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use