Page 1 of 7 (105 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 104 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances Posted: Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:23 AM

Heres something that will hopefully put a smile on your face.

As some of you know i work as a Chocolate Packer, and yes i can eat Chocolate all day if i want, but no i dont touch hardly any of it (working with it puts you off) i pack little boxes with pretty bows on for Hotels and Cruise ships.

The company has just moved to new premises so i now have a bigger room, and they have invested in a lot of new things.

As most of you probably realise i am slightly crazy most of the time, i give lots of hugs to members of staff to cheer them up, i bake lots and times of extreme pressure i tend to answer the phone on internal calls with Santas toy shop, Star Ship Enterprise, Easter bunnies paradise at Christmas my boss rang down and bless him hes never quite sure what to make of me at the best of times so to have me answer the phone Mele Kalikmaka had him in stunned silence for 2 minutes to be replaced by Frances you need to take more water with your drink (how did he know it was me)

We now have an electronic door release system on internal doors i forget about these most of the time so i end up banging my face on the door, do i do this when no ones looking, no i do this when there is normally a manager present, such ladylike behaviour.

We now wear white coats, hairnets, blue gloves and hygiene shoes you have no idea how stunningly attractive that makes us, if we go out of the packing room all of this has to be removed, well one of the ladies had a phone call she was at lunch it was important so in a rust, i go out remove gloves, hairnet, white coat  and finally shoes and i think well 2 seconds to get into the staff room i wont bother putting my own shoes on il run through barefoot, so i run through and who do i meet my boss who i dont often see and he decides he wants a 15 minute conversation and all i can stand there thinking is please dont look down at my feet, did he i still don't know, however my appraisal is next week, so if they announce that theyve done a whip round to buy me a pair of shoes because my boss thinks i cant afford any i will know.

What i forgot to mention they have also installed Cameras, and i have a habit of cheering the girls up by doing some crazy dancing that no one in there right mind would do, so if in time you find some crazy woman dancing in hairnet , gloves , and white coat on Youtube, looking totally insane, you will know exactly who it is Reality TV has nothing on me.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:51 AM

Frances, you make me smile.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,195
Pat A replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 8:31 AM

Frances, you are too funny.  I can hardly wait until I make my trip and get to meet up with you.

Pat A. in KY

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 8:31 AM

Patti:

Frances, you make me smile.

Patti,

I am a firm believer in if you can make a person smile in a day you have achieved a lot.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 8:34 AM

Pat A:

Frances, you are too funny.  I can hardly wait until I make my trip and get to meet up with you.

Pat A. in KY

Pat,

Me to although i wont be wearing white coat, hair net and blue gloves.

By the way did send you a message a while back dont know if you got it, if not check your messages under view all messages you might have missed it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 9:20 AM

Frances , you are so funny, I'd love to see the happy dance ,LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732

Frances--

You did more than put a smile on my face today.  I'm laughing out loud.  Thanks

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:11 AM

Frances

You are a hoot.  You would be so much fun to work with.  Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:31 AM

Yes, frances, I'm smiling, you do that a lot to me.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 12:01 PM

Barbara:

Frances , you are so funny, I'd love to see the happy dance ,LOL  Barbara

Barbara honey,

If  i ever get to a quilting retreat and you are there, i will do a special happy dance just for you and believe me you will wish i hadnt the girls at work frequently give me that "do we know you and have you taken your medication look".

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Frances thanks for the smile and laugh.  Would love to see the happy dance.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 3:24 PM

Frances:
looking totally insane, you will know exactly who it is Reality TV has nothing on me.

Frances,

You gave me a lots of laughs for the day! We will all do a happy dance just for you -if you come to retreat next year. OMG can you see us all now dancing for you. The Quilters Crazies Dance. We may have to work up a routine at VA Beach. I got the music and we gotta get the moves. Yahoo!

lots of love

Marlene

PS  I have a PM for you-check it out

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 3:30 PM

mars92:
The Quilters Crazies Dance. We may have to work up a routine at VA Beach. I got the music and we gotta get the moves. Yahoo!

It will be Smokey Robinson and the Miracles eat your heart out, what should we call ourselves Rotary Cutter and the fat quarters.

lots of love

Francesxx

ps saw your message i just need 3 hours to reply to it.xx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Frances - I can so relate to your lovely work attire.  Whenever I had to go out into the plant, I had to put on steel toed boots, bright blue Nomex lab coat (I think that was so the guys wouldn't run me over with a fork lift ), safety glasses and a white hard hat that I had decorated with some smiley face stickers.  When I got downsized, they let me keep my hard hat and steel toed boots.  Maybe they will let you keep your attractive outfit when you retire.  :o)   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 3:38 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Maybe they will let you keep your attractive outfit when you retire

Gee Marge,

Isnt that something for me to look forward to my pension and my white coat, hair net ,blue gloves and hygiene i will have all the pensionable men asking me out, my life will be so exciting.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 1 of 7 (105 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use