Easy King size quilt pattern.

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 7 verified answers | 13 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Points 1,265
Glenda posted on Wed, Mar 21 2012 4:45 PM

Hi All you wonderful quilters!

My friend wants me to make her a King sized quilt.  If anyone has an easy (I am a beginner remember...LOL) King size pattern they could share with me that would be great.  She wants something that would look good in greens and browns like woods or deer fabrics.  Also, I have an accuquilt so anything with 6 1/2 inch squares and half squares would be great too. 

Thanks!!

• | Post Points: 95

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 150 Contributor
Female
648 Posts
Points 10,145
Verified by Glenda

A log cabin would look good in those colors and easy to make in King Size.

• | Post Points: 40
Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Points 1,265
Answered (Verified) Glenda replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:25 PM
Verified by Glenda

Hi Ramona

This is a good Idea,  I may try a block or two out of some scrap fabric just to see how hard it is.  I like the middle choice because I could use my 2 1/2 inch strip cutter and my 6 1/2 inch square cutter to cut the pieces. 

• | Post Points: 25
Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Points 1,265
Answered (Verified) Glenda replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:26 PM
Verified by Glenda

Hi Jenn,

I have always wanted to try a log cabin.  I need to find a pattern that tells me what size to cut the strips and the little square.  I think  I could figure out what order to do them in with a picture.

Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 640
Verified by Glenda

The Turning Twenty patterns work up easily.

Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 640
Verified by Glenda

In response to your request about the Turning Twenty quilt.  It is a book by Tricia Cribbs that uses fat quarters to make the quilts.  She has several Turning Twenty books out there.  I have made quilts from the original book and from Book 5.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
644 Posts
Points 16,285
Answered (Verified) Zsofia replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 7:29 PM
Verified by Glenda

Hi Glenda,

How about a "Bento box" quilt. I have one black and yellow in my gallery (and you can Google it too). It is very easy, you can make it pretty much any size you want. And you can friend me for the pattern :).

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 55

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
648 Posts
Points 10,145
Verified by Glenda

A log cabin would look good in those colors and easy to make in King Size.

Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Points 1,265
Answered (Verified) Glenda replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:25 PM
Verified by Glenda

Hi Ramona

This is a good Idea,  I may try a block or two out of some scrap fabric just to see how hard it is.  I like the middle choice because I could use my 2 1/2 inch strip cutter and my 6 1/2 inch square cutter to cut the pieces. 

Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Points 1,265
Answered (Verified) Glenda replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:26 PM
Verified by Glenda

Hi Jenn,

I have always wanted to try a log cabin.  I need to find a pattern that tells me what size to cut the strips and the little square.  I think  I could figure out what order to do them in with a picture.

Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 640
Verified by Glenda

The Turning Twenty patterns work up easily.

Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Points 1,265
Glenda replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:27 PM

Do you have a photo or pattern for the Turning Twenty?  I am unfamiliar, but it sounds fun!!  :)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 640
Verified by Glenda

In response to your request about the Turning Twenty quilt.  It is a book by Tricia Cribbs that uses fat quarters to make the quilts.  She has several Turning Twenty books out there.  I have made quilts from the original book and from Book 5.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
644 Posts
Points 16,285
Answered (Verified) Zsofia replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 7:29 PM
Verified by Glenda

Hi Glenda,

How about a "Bento box" quilt. I have one black and yellow in my gallery (and you can Google it too). It is very easy, you can make it pretty much any size you want. And you can friend me for the pattern :).

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 55
Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Points 1,265
Glenda replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 7:37 PM

Thanks, I will check out your gallery.  I saw another in the gallery that looked easy.  I think it had trucks on it. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,401 Posts
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 7:39 PM

Log cabins are a lot more difficult than they look, if you have lots of narrow logs.  If you are not really careful with cutting and doing the seams, you will run into problems for sure.  With all those pieces, it does not take much to throw you off.  There are lots of good patterns out there.  Do you plan on quilting it yourself? 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
80 Posts
Points 1,265
Glenda replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 7:48 PM

Hi Patti,

I do want to quilt it myself.  I quilted my first quilt, the carpenters wheel with an all over stippling and a stenciled border.  This one I want to make as easy as possible to quilt.  I was thinking of something with big blocks and a simple cross hatch quilting or similar.  I was thinking of making the blocks anywhere from 6 to 12 inches just to make the project quicker.  I have a tiny little brother so it is a challenge to quilt big quilts on it.  The less quilting the better   :)

Not Ranked
Female
38 Posts
Points 1,735
Kathy replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 8:20 PM

i did an irish chain using the pattern from eleanor burns series quilt in a day......it surely didn't take a day, but it was easy.  you are a great friend for making her a king size quilt!

Top 50 Contributor
2,832 Posts
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 8:44 PM

look at some in my gallery it might give you an idea although i wouldn't call the pattern exactly easy on the appliqued one.  good luck finding your pattern!!

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use