Top 10 Posters

Twist and Stitch Ruler

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 33 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,837 Posts
Points 123,680
Judy T-Bellingham posted on Sat, Mar 17 2012 10:00 AM

Has anyone used the June Tailor Twist and Stitch ruler? It's on sale right now.  I just watched a video and it looks kind of cool but I'm wondering if it's just something else that I'll never use.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,401 Posts
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:42 AM

Thanks Evelyn, I would really appreciate the pictures.  I will private message you the name of my friend as I don't know if she would want it posted publicly. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,115 Posts
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:37 AM

I do believe I have to have one of these rulers. Looks like a great tool to use.  Thanks for the info.

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
Points 120

I am wondering what are the size blocks one needs for the different cuts that tool (twist 'n Stitch) needs.  I know what size for the 3 and 8 of course, the same size as the CS twisters.  but need the info for the 5", 6.5", and 10.5".

Thanks, Michael

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Sorry I cannot help you with your question Michael, but I wanted to say Hi and it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
Points 120

Ok, I  found the info myself but am a little confused as to why the Twist n stitch for its 8" block needs 10.25" when the CS 8" twister needs a 10" block.  I am going to assume the Twist N stitch could use a 10" block like the CS Twister unless someone knows that it does need that extra quarter inch.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,609 Posts
Points 178,463
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:53 PM

Hi Michael, do you have some scraps to try it out on?  BTW, welcome.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
Points 120

I just found out about the twisting technique last month and bought the CS Lil' twister and Twister tools.  I did the wreath to show my wife how it works as well as to get a feel for it.  I have been working on my own twister designs (wrote my own software help in the designing) and am writing the instructions and wanted to be sure to include the measurements for all of the commercial twisting tools out there (the primitives, the CS, and June Tailors).  I do plan to get the other tools soon, have asked for them for Christmas.  I am hard to buy for and thought I would give my daughter a chance to get me something other than a tie or socks for Christmas.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,609 Posts
Points 178,463
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:21 PM

Your wreath is beautiful, Michael.  I have the little twister book and tool as well.  Would like to make a wreath but no directions in my book for it.  I may try it anyway, doesn't seem to be too complicated.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Your wreath is very pretty Michael.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
Points 120

Here is a pattern for the wreath.  This is my own design, I made the wreath a little more rounder and fuller than whats out there.  Don't tell my wife I posted this one.  We are working on putting the designs out there for sale sometime starting in February.  I figured we needed to have wreath design.

This is your starting design.  The white are the background and you can use a 3 inch border for around it.  This is a screen shot from my design software.

This is what it should look like after it is twisted.  Another screen shot from my design software.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,608 Posts
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:58 PM

Marie, Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilts just did a tutorial on this.  I have mine all sewn but not cut and resewn yet.   I actually used a pattern from a quilting blog of last year.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,609 Posts
Points 178,463
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:18 PM

Michael, thank you so much for your pattern.  I promise I won't tell your wife.  : )  Good luck on your design venture.  Let us know when you start it up.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,609 Posts
Points 178,463
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:20 PM

Thanks Ginny, I'll check it out as well.  Who's quilting blog?

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,608 Posts
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:46 AM

Marie,  Someone on here listed this quilting blog last year.  I went on the blog and copied the picture and instructions.  The blog name is "quiltinglinda.com" .  The catagory is wall-hanging.  Hope you can get on.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Belfrybat:

Where is this on sale? Or is the $28.xx price I'm finding the sale price?

I just got the new Sewing with Nancy catalog and they had one on sale for $25, not sure if it is the same ruler but you should be able to find it on their web site.

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use