Top 10 Posters

Twist and Stitch Ruler

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 33 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,690 Posts
Points 120,840
Judy Taylor-Bellingham posted on Sat, Mar 17 2012 10:00 AM

Has anyone used the June Tailor Twist and Stitch ruler? It's on sale right now.  I just watched a video and it looks kind of cool but I'm wondering if it's just something else that I'll never use.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 10:06 AM

Judy

I haven't seen this ruler before;.  I already have dozens of rulers that I don't use....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,422 Posts
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 10:15 AM

Wish I had seen this before I invested in the Twister Rulers.   Love that it has the cutting slots for all sizes.       

Thanks for sharing.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,690 Posts
Points 120,840

Nana:

Judy

I haven't seen this ruler before;.  I already have dozens of rulers that I don't use....LOL

Yea, Nana, me too. I see these really cool tools and impulse buy. Then they sit around and I wonder what in the heck I need them for. Most sit around and gather dust. I'm not going to buy it. I'm so proud, I RESISTED.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 12:55 PM

Judy

You should be proud....I know how hard it is to resist a good buy or new notions.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,598

Right Maggie --- the finished quilt looks just like the Twister quilts so it would be great to have all those sizes in one ruler. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 10:09 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I'm not going to buy it. I'm so proud, I RESISTED.

Maybe you should rethink this, Judy.  Two people here have said (and probably hundreds more are thinking) that this sounds like a great tool and would save money over buying multiple sizes of twister tools....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,690 Posts
Points 120,840
Oh Nancy. And here I was being so ...righteous! Now you come along and TEMPT me.

Not Ranked
3 Posts
Points 120

I am getting ready to buy it.  I have the little and big twister but this has more sizes available and would pay less for this than the 2 twisters I already have.  Where are you in the PNW.  I am also in the PNW

Evelyn in Sequim

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,690 Posts
Points 120,840
Suggested by Nana

Evelyn. So you live in Sequim. Welcome to QCA. I was there last Friday. Friends and I were doing the Stash Dash. 8 quilt shops on the Penninsula. It was a blast. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Evelyn and welcome to QCA.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,424 Posts
Points 415,964
gini replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:28 AM

Hi Evelyn, welcome to the group.   I used to live in pt gamble.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,401 Posts
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:42 AM

deermor:
Evelyn in Sequim

Hi Evelyn, I have a friend in Sequim who is a quilter, and I have been to the quilt store in Port Angeles. 

I have the smaller twister ruler, but have been dissapointed.  If one buys the ruler alone, the instructions are very incomplete and it has been by trial and error I am learning how to use it.  I am told one has to buy the book, to really understand what to do.  The instructions simply stated to sew sew 4 rows of 6 squares together, and a border.  Nothing about how many different fabrics, or how to place them.  So my first set of cut blocks looks very busy and does not show off the design as well as I would like.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
689 Posts
Points 17,265

Where is this on sale? Or is the $28.xx price I'm finding the sale price? 

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
3 Posts
Points 120

If you do 6x4 all 24 squares should be different and light and dark as it shows.  When I do my next stocking I can send a pic of the squares sewn together and then the pinwheels I had to be talked through it from a website that sells the beancounter xmas stocking pattern and now that I have done one, it is very easy.  I also laid the small twister on my big one and have figured how to make the size I want on my own.  The stocking has no border as would a qullt so that may be more difficult but I am loving these stockings.  First one was kind of a disaster for pinwheels but second one is perfect and have 3 more to go. 

Who is your quilter friend.  I work full time so don't get to take classes or partake in any clubs as they are all weekdays during the day.  The new quilt store in Port Angeles does have some classes and I just bought a portable machine for just that but have not found the time on a Saturday or had the money in time to do one. I do know several quilters in the area and the more I talk about quilts the more I meet.  I just started quilting 2 years ago.

Evelyn in Sequim

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use