Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 1,455
pat Posted: Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:12 AM

Hi all,my name is pat and i'm a super beginner to sewing and quiting but very interested,but i need lots of help where do i go to det simple questions that aren't so simple to me,i really want to get started on this,i'm a b/c survivor and hope to make quilts eventually for cancer patients just a ray of sunshine sometimes helps,please advise me where to get answers thanks pat1981

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:15 AM

hi pat, welcome to the group.   if you have a question, you ask right here on forums.   just pose your question and you will get lots of answers.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:39 AM

Welcome Pat.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 5:13 AM

Welcome.  Quilting is a great way to give back and I admire your desire to do so.  I run a quilt ministry that initially was a way for me to cope with some turmoil in my life and was a great outlet.  I truly love giving quilts to others going through tough times.  There are no questions you can't ask here.  You have to start somewhere.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:40 AM

Welcome Pat.

Congratulations on being a survivor.   You can ask any questions that you like right here.  There is always someone that can help.  I am glad that you are getting in to quilting.  It is a great stress reliever and provides hours of fun.   Enjoy your time with us and your quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Welcome Pat!

Come often and bring questions. There is an amazing group of very talented and experienced ladies and gents here and they are always ready to help with any question.

There is a section in the Message Boards just for asking questions. If you scroll down the page (where you see the most recent active threads), one of the threads is "Ask Quilting Questions Here".  Click on it, and a screen comes up with an option to "Write a New Post". Click on it and ask your question.  If you can, it really helps to post a picture with your question. It helps everyone see what you're working with, and need help with.  We just love pictures!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 9:12 AM

Pat welcome to the club, just ask away on your questions ,someone here will help, lots of someones here LOL ,Congratulations on being a BC survivor , Me to , 5 years this year.  You are really going to enjoy your time here with us ..BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Pat--

Welcome and ask all the questions you like!

Kissimmee, FL

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 260
Lori replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:56 PM

Welcome Pat !  You will love it here!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,447
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:27 PM

Pat - welcome to QCA - glad you found us.  Congratulations on being a b/c survivor - awesome feat - prayers for your continued good health.  

Questions - ask anywhere - you will get lots of answers and you can also use the search engine - some of your questions may already be answered and you can search that way for an answer.  

There are also groups that talk about specific issues.

Have fun!  We love to see pictures and we all love to help in any way we can!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the club Pat.

Margaret

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:21 PM

Hi Pat,

Welcome to the club!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:33 PM

Pat,

You can ask all the questions you'd like here on this site! You can also learn alot by belonging to QNNtv.com. There are several quilting shows there and you can learn so much. Also, you can google "How to quilt" on youtube and there are lots of videos for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGsGxY7V920 

Welcome to the site!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 6:54 PM

Welcome to the group Pat.  You can ask any questions here in the forums. Someone will be glad to give you an answer or to point you to one. 

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 755
Wendy replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:01 PM

Welcome Pat!  Still a newbie here to and I refer to these expert friends often!  You will be HOOKED for life!

Congratulations and continued blessings for your good health!

Wendy :)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use