Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:49 PM

Frances, that's a lovely quilt! Great idea to have something 3-d :-)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 4:08 PM

Frances:

Bella,

It is a fab quilt when i saw it...

lots of love

Francesxx

Oh, Frances!  You used the word "FAB" and does that take me back - to like, 1964!~  You want to know what I think would make this quilt REALLY "FAB"??? If it came with the FAB FOUR wrapped inside of it, just for (or should that be:  "Just 4 - ")  me!  .......sighs.......[ lost in a cloud of her girlhood dreams, Bella could almost hear the faint strains of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand' , and "She Loves You, yeah yeah yeah!]   :D

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 2:55 PM

Bella:

Frances:

Bella,

It is a fab quilt when i saw it...

lots of love

Francesxx

Oh, Frances!  You used the word "FAB" and does that take me back - to like, 1964!~  You want to know what I think would make this quilt REALLY "FAB"??? If it came with the FAB FOUR wrapped inside of it, just for (or should that be:  "Just 4 - ")  me!  .......sighs.......[ lost in a cloud of her girlhood dreams, Bella could almost hear the faint strains of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand' , and "She Loves You, yeah yeah yeah!]   :D

Bella,

Whats this about 1964 i bet you were only about 3 at the time.

BELLA WAKE UP, this is no time for fantasising, quilting remember quilting thats what you are supposed to be doing.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 6:01 PM

Frances:

I think, i may have found an answer, a quilter called Pauline Ineson is bringing out a new book in May called 3d flowers, dont know if i will manage them but i am going to give it a try.

I saw it at a quilt show thought if i did in Batiks with brighter colours it would be ok, what you cant tell from the picture is that the flowers are 3d on the quilt.

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances,

That quilt is a masterpiece!  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 6:10 PM

Frances,

That is an absolutely beautiful quilt and would be great for your project. I will certainly be looking for her new book to come out.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:38 PM

Gosh, Frances, I WISH I had been 3 in 1964!  But I was 11, and Paul McCartney was my first big crush.  And I will let you in on a secret:  this is not fantasizing!  Why, Paul came here to Boulder, Colorado, in 1994 and gave a concert JUST FOR ME, and 34,000 other people came to watch!  (oh, and p.s., I will be 60 March 27.  I don't think I will ever be able to "retire"....  so the dreams are what keeps me going...)  hugs!  xxo, :D

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 360
Debbie replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:40 PM

I agree the quilt with the 3D affects would be perfect.  No matter what you choose she will love it because it is a gift from you!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:04 AM

The Quilt Daddy:
And then in 1969 I disobeyed my parents (I was 18) and lied to them that I was going to see a friend in NYC but instead went to Woodstock. I might of gotten away with except a photographer took my picture and plastered it all over the front page of the local paper in my hometown of Philadelphia.

HA..... Richard that sounds like something that would happen in a sitcom!  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 115

My Mom was developoing blindness the last 10 years of her life. She eventually could only see shadows, but that was the last year of her life. Prior to that, she could see spots and had to move her head around to read, play the piano, etc.  However, the quilt she loved most was the most colorful --- I used lots of bright colors with black and white contrast in large block formats.  The last quilt was very simple, large block stars.  I used bamboo batting which she especially loved because of its softness.  Hope this helps.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 10:54 AM

hi sussan, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 11:04 AM

Hello Susan

Don't think I have welcomed you to the site,   So welcome and hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 3:31 PM

Hi Sussan,

Welcome to the group, and many thanks for your help, i think i will use the bamboo batting which sounds like its really nice.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 180
Points 2,310
MizPat replied on Sat, May 12 2012 1:27 PM

Hi Frances,

Just curious, how goes the 3-D Quilt?  Lovely thought, making something that  beautiful for your Mom.  I could see it in bright flower colors, with a very light background, if she sees lights best.  If not, black or very dark blue would really make the flowers stand out, in both senses.  I would love to see pics and get periodic updates.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Sat, May 12 2012 1:34 PM

i'd also go for the bright colors.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use