Which iron lasts longest?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 34 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 235
wrobocop posted on Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:45 AM

Help!  Which iron to purchase?  I bought a medium priced Sunbeam 2-3? years ago and it is just about dead.  Just doesn't heat up very hot.  Of course, we have hard well water, which sometimes I put in, so that may be the problem.  Do I need to use just distilled?  I usually use the water that goes through the water purifier.    ANyway, I will probably be in the market for a new iron.  any advice?  Expensive vs cheap?

• | Post Points: 140

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,914 Posts
Points 420,709
gini replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 5:35 PM

Cindy:

I'd say in general the less you pay and the more you dislike your iron the longer it last.

and that is when you throw it on the floor, repeatedly, until it gives up the ghost

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,771 Posts
Points 65,968

I have 3 Rowenta irons and love them.  One I inherited from my grandmother.   Today at quilt day someone brought an iron in a carrying case, cordless and steams.  It was so cool.  Apparently you can get them at Sam's Club for $60.  I think the retail is $99.99.  I want one!

I think this is it.  I didn't see it listed on Sam's Club's web but I know they had it because two ladies went and bought one they were so impressed.

http://panasonic.premiumstore.com/details/46689/panasonic-ni-wl600.html?chid=17&cid=15273

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,618

That looks pretty cool Jeanine. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,803 Posts
Points 31,735
Annie replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 10:24 PM

Looks pretty nice. Are you going to get one?

Not Ranked
Male
1 Posts
Points 5

Before time mostly ironing boards were made up of wood ,heavy in weight,difficult to move from one place to another,In modern age boards are made of metal. These metal boards are extremely reliable and its mesh top easily allows the steam to go by and evaporate. The metal is quite light in weight and is very simple to both set up as well as fold. With the light weight metal, one can easily move the board from one place to another

Page 3 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.