saving scrapes to have fun.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 170
shelbyjeanking@yahoo.com Posted: Mon, Mar 5 2012 10:46 AM

I have a big bag in my sewing room were I put my scrapes.  When I baby set my grandkids we get it out and we glue the pieces on poster board to make pictures.  They love it so much.  It is they best way to spend time with my grandkids.  They are learning and having fun at the same time.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 10:47 AM

hi shelby, welcome  to the group.    my grandkids love to play in the scrap heap, too.  i wish i only had one big bag.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 10:47 AM

What a great idea to keep the Grand kids busy and learn at the same time.  Welcome to the club as well .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Welcome Shelby!  This is indeed a wonderful activity for kids - so funny some of the images they can make with them.  I've also had the kids choose the color/fabrics for scrap quilts I've made.  My boys especially thought it was cool to help this way - they seemed to have more of an attachment to the finished quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:34 AM

if you put up a design board, they can use the fabric to cut out shapes and move them around.  I did this with my grandchildred.  They used safety scissors and cut out animals and roads, cars and people.  even shapes such as squares and triangles work.  Quiet reigned for some time.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 170

thank you I will do this.  I have 2 grandson that will love this more.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Shelby, welcome to the group.  What a fun way to spend time with your grandkids.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use