rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:04 PM

MNnancy:

Gina, thank you for your support of this wonderful organization, and for making us aware of their quilt auction.  Just last week, I lost a second dear friend to ovarian cancer.  This is such an awful disease.

Hi MNnancy...you are welcome...I actually learned of this organization via Facebook...I think it's awesome that they take donated quilts and auction them off to raise money to support their cause.  

I am terribly sorry for the loss of your friend.  My thoughts are with you as well as with the loved ones of your friend who passed.  A couple friends of mine lost their battles with breast cancer over the last year....cancer in any form is a wicked, wicked thing.  :(

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 185

I will be watching from the sidelines.  I usually avoid lots of little squares, but if I find a short cut further down the road (i.e., stripping), I may play catch-up.  Still can't wait to see the mystery unravel.  Good luck to all.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:46 PM

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the quilt auction for the Ovarian Cancer Research Institute is live! 
Here's a link to go see the quilts and bid on them if you want... https://www3.mdanderson.org/auction/quilt

My "Bittersweet" quilt from this mystery quilt project is #94 on the auction list.  If you click the link above, it will take you directly to the auction page, and you can scroll through all the beautiful quilts that were made and donated for this cause to be auctioned off.  Enjoy looking through them!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 2:30 AM

Your MQ looks great there, Gina. 

Wow, this auction brings in some serious money for the cause! If you visit, don't miss #140.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 9:01 AM

Gina,

thanks so much for the link. THere are some really beautiful quilts in this auction. I especially like #140; what an accomplishment.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:22 AM

MNnancy:

Your MQ looks great there, Gina. 

Wow, this auction brings in some serious money for the cause! If you visit, don't miss #140.

Thank you MNnancy!  And I agree...I had to show #140 to my boyfriend the first time I looked through the list of quilts...isn't it amazing???

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:25 AM

Kris:

Gina,

thanks so much for the link. THere are some really beautiful quilts in this auction. I especially like #140; what an accomplishment.

You're welcome, Kris!  I completely agree...there are some beautiful quilts!  I am amazed at quilt #140...I can't believe the handwork that went into it, and the age of the quilter to be able and do such intricate work!  I am thoroughly impressed that she HAND pieced and HAND quilted the entire thing!  What a fantastic quilter she is!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Gina,

Your quilt looks great.  I loved seeing so many quilts in one place--with appraisal value listed with them.  Fascinating. There are some great quilts.  #140 is in a league of its own. 100 and still quilting! That's an amazing lady!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Page 214 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 210 211 212 213 214 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use