Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 213 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 210 211 212 213 214 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:54 PM

Thanks Patti.  You are too kind.  I just don't know why I get stuck on finishing things.  I know what to do but just run out of energy or interest. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:57 PM

Thanks Gina for your kind words of encouragement.  I'm really having fun adding borders to these quilts.  Can't wait for the next MQ.  How about you?

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

Finally got around to uploading this one. It was ordered by a workmate that liked a picture of an all blue one posted in June last year but wanted hers in red. The most challenging part was finding enough mainly red fabric with different designs/patterns to contrast with all the other red fabrics, as she didn't want red/white or red/black etc just RED!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:45 PM

Well Joy, I'd say you succeeded with finding enough just red fabrics to put into this lovely quilt.  Hope she will love and appreciate all you hard work for many years to come. Wonderful job!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:06 PM

Mimi:

So Gina -   Here is my finished MQ 6 top.  Got a little distracted on the weekend, making a throw sized quilt out of all the leftover fabrics from this one.  I couldn't help myself.  I found the fabric and had to make another quilt. Oh well, this one is done.  Now I have to get it quilted.  It's 102 x 85.  The colors are more like the corner shot. 

Wonderful job Mimi!  I Love what you did with the borders. The black really sets off the multi-color border and the stripe.  WTG!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:21 PM

Dara:
The black really sets off the multi-color border and the stripe. 

Thanks Dara.  I can't take all the credit for the borders.  The owner of my LQS helped me decide on the coloring.  I showed her the border I wanted to make and explained what I wanted to do.  She is the one that thought the last border should be the butterflies.  I had picked out something else. I'm going to show her how it turned out tomorrow.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:55 PM

Joy of Quilting:

Finally got around to uploading this one. It was ordered by a workmate that liked a picture of an all blue one posted in June last year but wanted hers in red. The most challenging part was finding enough mainly red fabric with different designs/patterns to contrast with all the other red fabrics, as she didn't want red/white or red/black etc just RED!

Great Job.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:42 PM

Mimi:

Thanks Gina for your kind words of encouragement.  I'm really having fun adding borders to these quilts.  Can't wait for the next MQ.  How about you?

You're welcome Mimi!  They're well deserved!  I can't wait until the next MQ either.  I love doing mystery quilts!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:43 PM

Mimi:

You're welcome Mimi!  They're well deserved!  I can't wait until the next MQ either.  I love doing mystery quilts!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,050
Ginny replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 7:29 AM

Wow, that was a challenge, Dara. But the red quilt turned out beautiful.     Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 10:56 AM

I need to get on the ball and finish up the one my daughter started.  We discovered that my machine hates her.  She can't get it to sew on the fleece for anything.  I sit down, with the same two pieces she just tried and have no trouble at all.  We didn't realize that my machine was so tempermental...but that means I have to finish up her top since the ENTIRE thing is fleece.  Not the heavy stuff, just the baby blanket thin kind.  It should be fun when it's finished, so maybe I will take it to the retreat next week with me.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:09 AM

I posted a few months ago when I finished my MQ6 - Bittersweet...and I decided to donate it to a wonderful cause...  The Ovarian Cancer Research Institute in Texas.  They auction off quilts in the spring and in the fall for raising money.  They recently posted photos on their Facebook wall of the quilts that have been donated so far for their fall auction.  Here is the link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OvarianCancerQuiltProject?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

After they received my quilt, this is the email they sent me:

Dear Quilting Friend,

Thank you for donating your beautiful quilt to MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project.  Because of you and the generosity of many fellow quilters, we have received 135 quilts from 25 states and Australia.

The Online Quilt Auction is approaching and scheduled for October 23 – November 6, 2013.  In order to create more awareness about our quilt auction, we are asking quilters if they can help spread the word.  Here are some wonderful ways to support the ovarian cancer cause:

1.     “Like” us on Facebook at Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project

2.     Forward the attached flyer on this email to your friends and email list or ask your favorite quilt shop to display it.

3.     Help us distribute postcards.

If you wish to help us with option #3, please respond with your address or address to your favorite quilt shop and we will send a bundle of quilt postcards.  Our quilters have great success sharing the postcards with their quilt guilds, quilt shops, churches, neighborhoods, etc. 

Thank you again for donating a quilt for this auction. You make a difference and we are so grateful for your participation. 

With warm regards,

The Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project Steering Committee

Community Relations
Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine – Unit 1362
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center

Below is the Quilt Poster they emailed me...

Below is the photo of my quilt that they posted on their Facebook page:

Just thought I'd share this in case any of you ever wish to donate a quilt as well.  I am big into donating my quilts to charities.  It makes me feel good about the quilts I make...even though most of them are far from perfect!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,987
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 6:49 PM

Thanks for sharing Gina. Your quilt is lovely and will make someone very happy. WTG.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 8:44 PM

Gina, thank you for your support of this wonderful organization, and for making us aware of their quilt auction.  Just last week, I lost a second dear friend to ovarian cancer.  This is such an awful disease.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:56 AM

Kris:

Thanks for sharing Gina. Your quilt is lovely and will make someone very happy. WTG.

Thank you Kris for your compliment.  And you're welcome...I am glad that I decided to share it!

Page 213 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 210 211 212 213 214 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use