Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 205 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 203 204 205 206 207 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Ginny L:

Thanks Bev, yes I quilted it on my reg. machine. I took a craftsy class online, so thought I'd just go for it .

Ginny L--Your quilting is great!  Which Craftsy class did you take?  Thanks!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:41 AM

Bev,  I took the beyond basic machine quilting with Ann Peterson.  I bought it when it was a special price $20 I think. It was worth it, I learned quite  a few things!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Ginny--Thanks for the information about the class!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 9:17 PM

Ginny, Ann Peterson has 2 classes:  Quilting Big Projects on Small Machines and  Beyond Basic Machine Quilting.  Do you know which one you took?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 4:53 AM

Donna I took Beyond basic.  I've been thinking about taking the other one, too. I'd  like to learn the way she splits the batting on that one.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 6,265

Thank you all so much for your kind and wonderful comments about my finished MQ VI.  It is on my bed waiting for cold weather.  As some of you have mentioned, I can't wait for the upcoming mystery. 

Penny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 9:46 PM

So, off subject. I went to the quilt show today. so many wonderful quilts. I referred one lady to this website as she has "control" issues (haha).  The only caught one of the demos. and she was just talking about quilting. I found it interesting that after she quilts but before she puts the binding pn she washes the quilt. She said she uses some kind of  ?? paste. she said to just go to the feed store and get the stuff they wash horses with. THen she said she lays it out on an old sheet, lines up any straight lines she has. said she lets it rest for a few days, she felt that helped it with remembering. THen while it is still down there, she gets out all her squares , rulers, etc and lines it all up, then she marks it for cutting before she picks it up to cut and bind. Sounded interesting. DH was with me, poor guy, but he actually won one of the door prizes, yea. So , still have my fingers crossed that my name gets drawn for the sewing machine. saw some really nice 'hot air balloon' fabric I would have loved to have. It was from a store over in Prosser, washington. Maybe I will be motivated to get my quilt done now, still need to do some MQ on the out border and of course the binding, then on to the next one. Kind of funny, you go in the kitchen and I am cultivating some wild yeast, then my dinning room has my quilt, and the front room has an afghan I am working on, haha, well I am on vacation this week so maybe get something done

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 8:44 AM

I might actually take part in the next MQ.  I may have time.  I'm not working so there is really no stopping me except myself.  I have a friend who loves mystery quilts so maybe we'll do it together.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:28 AM

walla2butterfly:
She said she uses some kind of  ?? paste. she said to just go to the feed store and get the stuff they wash horses with.

The name of the paste is "Orvus"  It comes is a BIG Jar  you will be able to share it with all you friends.  they use it because it is super pure

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 10:40 AM

Vivian,  I loved doing MQ6.  It was my first MQ.  Now when is MQ7????? I want it now, but then again I am going to visit family the end of Oct and first of Nov, so it needs to start now so it can be finished before then, or wait till after that.  LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 9:44 AM

thanks Elizabeth, so is there a reason why ? Just curious

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:09 AM

oh yes walla, they are either not enough , upside down or backwards.  My brain just doesn't get them.  Believe it or not I am now making a queen size ocean wave quilt for my sister.  I am determined to learn to like them because you can make such pretty quilts.  My sis that quilts does not like squares.  Says she can never get them to line up.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:19 AM

OOPS walla sorry posted that answer on the wrong thread.  Orvus has been used in the animal world forever.  It is very pure, no dyes or fillers and rinses very clean leaving no residue.  It matches the animals ph , which is lower than ours (its used on horses, cattle sheep).  Since we use 100% cotton in our quilting Orvus is the most gentle to use for our quilts.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:40 AM

haha, was wondering... not enough what? Did I post something, that I dont remember. Well I need to get dressed and go get some more thread so I can finish up the last little bit of quilting on MQ6 and bind it. though not sure what color I want to bind it with. Have several different shades of brown that I am looking at. So, that is what I thought because of it's gentleness, but thought I would ask thanks again

So I thinking Christmas is sneaking up way to quick, and I still have so much to do but told myself that I can not do any of it until #6 is done

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Does anyone know when the next MQ will start?  This was my first one, and I had so much fun I can't wait for the next one to begin!!!  Also, does anyone know, do they typically use jelly rolls or fat quarters?   Or do they generally use yardage?  Thanks and come on MQ7!

Page 205 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 203 204 205 206 207 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use