Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 203 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 201 202 203 204 205 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:41 PM

Thank you Marie!

Marie:

Gina, beautiful quilt!  Love the backing as well!  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:48 PM

Thank you, Debbie-do!  I too like the backing...better than I thought I would!

Debbie-do:

Gina, your quilt is lovely and what perfect backing you chose!  Well done!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:49 PM

Yes she did MNancy!  Thank you.  I am awfully tempted to keep it...but we will see... :o)

MNnancy:

Your quilter did a beautiful job, Gina!  I'd want to keep this quilt for myself!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:32 PM

Gina:
Yesterday I picked up my MQ6 quilt from The Quilting Place in Almond, Wisconsin, where I took it to have it long-arm machine quilted.  Nancy Butolph, Owner of The Quilting Place, did a BEAUTIFUL job on the quilting!  I wish I could do my own quilting, but I don't have a machine capable of doing so.  I love how it turned out after being quilted.  Now I just have to bind it and it'll be finished!

It's beautiful Gina. Great fabric choices and the quilting is lovely. I really like the backing fabrics. Job well done.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 386
Points 6,625
Phyllis replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:49 AM

Love your quilt, it is really beautiful.  Love the contrast between the soft colors of the top and the dark border.  Really makes the top pop out.  If it was mine, I don't think I could sell it, I would want it on my bed!  Great, great job.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 453
Points 8,625
Jan replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:11 AM

Wonderful Sheila! And your note couldn't have come at a better time for me.  My DIL has been learning to piece and wants to begin to quilt.  She too has  MS and although her left side is not totally gone, it is a lot of days.  She told me over the weekend she was going to just give up sewing.  I encouraged her to keep going.  Your experience will help me make my point. 

On topic, I am just beginning with FM quilting.  I completed the MQ6 in twin size without too much trouble on a basic Brother.  The issues I had were more with the cat pulling the quilt out of the machine while I was sewing than the quilting space itself.

Jan In Rochester, NY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:06 AM

Thank you, Kris.  I greatly appreciate the compliments!

Kris:

Gina:
Yesterday I picked up my MQ6 quilt from The Quilting Place in Almond, Wisconsin, where I took it to have it long-arm machine quilted.  Nancy Butolph, Owner of The Quilting Place, did a BEAUTIFUL job on the quilting!  I wish I could do my own quilting, but I don't have a machine capable of doing so.  I love how it turned out after being quilted.  Now I just have to bind it and it'll be finished!

It's beautiful Gina. Great fabric choices and the quilting is lovely. I really like the backing fabrics. Job well done.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:08 AM

Thank you Phyllis.  I agree with the contrast making the top just pop out.  It didn't seem to do that before being quilted, though.  So much better looking after the quilting!

Phyllis:

Love your quilt, it is really beautiful.  Love the contrast between the soft colors of the top and the dark border.  Really makes the top pop out.  If it was mine, I don't think I could sell it, I would want it on my bed!  Great, great job.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:08 PM

Finally got my MQ6 done.  It was sent of to Quilts of Valor last week

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 175,008
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:48 PM

Very pretty Elizabeth, nice work.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:26 PM

ELizabeth,

your MQ6 is beautiful. I like the quilting.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:05 AM

Elizabeth...your quilt is GORGEOUS!  I absolutely love the color combination...I love white background quilts.  And the quilting looks great with it!  Beautiful job!

Elizabeth:

Finally got my MQ6 done.  It was sent of to Quilts of Valor last week

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:00 AM

Thank you all for you kind words.  I must confess that this quit is called "The Ugly Jellroll Quilt"  My sister and I both bought this Jellroll because the outside fabrics were so pretty and it was on sale.  Openedd it and yuck.  I remade most of my steps to make it less scrappy and tried to graduate the colors.  I do not like the almost white square in the lower left, but as I had done as much frogging as sewing it stayed.  The most fun was the quilting as I got to use a new groovy board and love the pattern.  Still must say this is one of my least fav quilts hence no borders as I just wanted to get it done.  I hope the soldier who gets it likes it as well.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 453
Points 8,625
Jan replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:06 AM

Elizabeth,

That is absolutely gorgeous! I love your colors and your layout.  I have just finished mine and will post the pic soon.

Jan in Rochester, NY

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 5,995

YAY!  Got my MQ VI quilted, bound and washed.  Ready to use on our bed this winter as a second quilt for those VERY cold nights in WYO.  I just love this quilt.  The quilting is all feathering except for the inside reddish border.

Can't wait for MQ VII!

Penny

Page 203 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 201 202 203 204 205 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use