Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 200 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 198 199 200 201 202 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:22 AM

I agree with everyone!  All the quilts turned out so pretty, and all do very dfferent.  Seems strange to me as a relative newbie to quilting that the same pattern could have so many different results.

Thanks to Sandy for doing such a good job of hosting it.  I've never done a MQ before, but as a result of her guidance, and all the encouragement from those participating, I'm in for the next one!

I have decided to donate mine to my local chapter of the American Payroll Association for a fund raiser.  They are so very excited about it, and thrilled to have what they call "a beautiful treat".  I'll take a final picture and post it on the media page before it goes away.  I'm almost done with the binding on it.  I will be glad when it's finished so I can move on to other things :)

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 230
Gwennie replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:49 PM

Hello  I am new to this, but would love to do a mystery quilt where I don't have to go to a quilt shop at a specific set of hours. I work mostly midnight to eary morning hours. On the net is perfect for me.

but I wonder if I should wait for the Mystery Quilt no. 7, and when will it start

when will Mystery 6 finish and 7 start

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:59 PM

Gwennie:
when will Mystery 6 finish and 7 start

Gwennie - first of all welcome to the board.  MQ6 is over with but MQ7 will be started in the fall.  You can always go to the Groups heading and look for the QCA groups - the MQ6 is posted there and you could go ahead and do it and get your feet wet.  Nana is also doing a July scrappy that we have been making 12 1/2" blocks for - then when they are all made we CUT them up and SEW back together.  It will be fun I am sure.

I so agree with you as far as not having to go to a shop at a specific time and do these mysteries.  I like to sew late hours also - seem to get more creative then or something.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 5:14 PM

Just received my MQ6 back from the Amish girl who quilted it.  She left it off today while we were away (trucking cattle as usual).  All I need to do is bind it, and one College quilt will be done.  I think it will finish 102" after quilting and binding.  I like it even better after the quilting.

Still plan to make another with a different block arrangement.  This one will be florals and white.  Of course, the first 2 long quilts will be more suited to girls and the first to graduate is a boy with a great love of hunting.  These quilts will not do!!!  I have his fabrics, so have to design a quilt for him for next June.

Will post pictures here when I get the binding on.  I hope I can get a good picture of her quilting.

One graduation quilt down, 5 to go!  The first grandson (of the younger 6 grandchildren) graduates next year, 1 of each the following year, then followed by the other 3 girls, 1 a year.  6 in 5 years!  That alone will keep me out of trouble since I am on the road with Rich more than I am home!  Handmade quilts take too much time and don't survive the wear and tear of college very well.  Our older son got my first hand-quilted quilt when he went to college and I haven't seen it since.  Maybe he has it, but I doubt it.  All the furniture he took for the Fraternity House was ready for the junk pile when he graduated from Cornell!!  The quilt probably suffered the same fate.  BOYS!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 9:56 PM

Steph:

Steph, your quilt is gorgeous.  I love the Stonehenge fabric line, and it looks wonderful here.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,212
Points 24,500

Finally finished my MQ6.  Fabric is a jellyroll Spiri by Lila Tueller for Moda.  I am not adding any additional borders.  This will be donated to Quilts of Valor

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 388
Points 6,665
Phyllis replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:47 PM

You did a great job!  Love the fabrics.  Quilts of Valor will be lucky and thrilled to get it.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:48 PM

It's very pretty Elizabeth.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Beautiful job Elizabeth

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565

Tami - Just back from retreat and trying to catch up -- Thanks for the compliment on my MQ6 and feel free to use the border treatment anytime:)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

I have all my 4-patches and X's sewn together. I love how this quilt is turning out!!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 1:14 PM

Lovely quilt Karen.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 2,620
Gina replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 1:51 PM

Really pretty, Karen!

Karen, aka yayaquilts:

I have all my 4-patches and X's sewn together. I love how this quilt is turning out!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 1:55 PM

Karen, very pretty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 3:40 PM

Beautiful fabrics Karen.

Page 200 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 198 199 200 201 202 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use