Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 198 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 196 197 198 199 200 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:35 AM

Hi Jill... I just noticed something...you and I both used the same jellyroll fabric for our quilts!  The California Girl by Moda jellyroll!  I absolutely love your border..your quilt top turned out fabulous!  It's really neat seeing the same base fabric used in another quilt top.  Excellent job Jill!  ~Gina

madcallia:

Everyone's quilts are beautiful. There is no way to pick a favorite.  I have enjoyed doing my first mystery quilt - can't wait until the next one.  I finally got mine finished.  Decided I wanted a second border and had to wait for the fabric to be delivered.  Here is mine - Jill

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Dara Beth:

Karen, aka yayaquilts:

Ok I'm confused!! What determines how many points you receive for each post?????

For example, when GIna first posted her finished quilt pictures she received 80 points and then when she posted a new set of pictures she got 5 points!!  Curious!

Second question:  what are our points for?????

Karen,

We get 5 points for every post we make.  Then every time someone else clicks reply on your message, another 15 points are added.  We don't get any points for replying to our own posts.  So using your example, Gina got 5 points for her post, then 5 of us replied to her (5 times 15 = 75) to give a total of 80 points.  If someone else, replies to her, then her points for that post will continue to go up.

As to what the points are for.... nobody knows.  They just accumulate. :-)

OK  now I get it!!  Thank you so much--it's been something I've been wondering about for a while now!!!  Here's to more points!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,416
Points 62,210
Bonita replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 4:43 PM

Gina, your quilt is just lovely. Love the background fabric.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:17 AM

Beth> I just love your quilt, it is so beautiful. I love your border treatment. I will have to remember that one and borrow it from you in the future.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:16 AM

Thank you, Bonita! 

Bonita:

Gina, your quilt is just lovely. Love the background fabric.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 585

I asked the QCA about the points and they said it was just part of the program they purchased to run the website and didn't mean anything

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 6:01 PM

Very pretty Gina.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Joy of Quilting:

I asked the QCA about the points and they said it was just part of the program they purchased to run the website and didn't mean anything

Oh darn! And, I was hoping the one with the most points would win some fabric of something!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 245
eddie replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 6:47 PM

Very beautiful quilt  Love the colors  Very interesting border

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 9:25 PM

Karen, aka yayaquilts:
Oh darn! And, I was hoping the one with the most points would win some fabric of something!!

A couple of years ago, we started a rumor that the first one to 10,000 points would win a long-arm.  Well, several members have since blown past that number, and nothing came of it.  No fun....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 2,110
Steph replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 9:41 PM

Not sure I'm doing this right, because I think I lost my last post!  Anyway...in case this works. . .I got started a tad late using Stonehenge jelly rolls and yardage.  I caught up, but once I got it on the design wall the 16-patch blocks just overwhelmed the quilt.  I think it may have been the darker background.  Anyway, I started playing around and came up with this--which reminded me of my granddaughter as a toddler (long story).  The only problem with tossing out most of the 16-patch blocks was that I had only half a quilt, so had to make the other half from scratch--so I'm late.  But I'm very happy with the outcome and have a nice pile of 16-patch blocks to use with another quilt!!  Thanks for sharing all your lovely quilts and thoughts over the last two months.  Steph

• | Post Points: 170
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 10:35 PM

Sterph, I love, love this layout, might have to steal it if that is io

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 15,805
Erin replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:02 AM

madcallia- I LOVE your quilt! It looks country and old fashioned..so so cute!

Also, a question for anyone...When will MQ 7 start and where do I sign up for it?

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 2:41 AM

Hi Erin.  MQ 7 will most likely begin this fall.  You won't need to sign up - just watch for the postings and join in the fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 2,280
Sue Jones replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:28 AM

Love your quilt is if so beautiful!

Sue

Page 198 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 196 197 198 199 200 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use