Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 197 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:03 AM

Thank you Marie!  I'm a member of the fatquartershop.com monthly jelly roll club and I used the California Girl by Moda jelly roll for this quilt top.  Then the border fabric was from my stash.  I wanted to do something nicer with the border, but I just ran out of time.

Marie:

Gina, very nice, very pretty fabrics.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:06 AM

Thank you Nana!  The border fabric came from my stash...I never knew what to use it for...until now!  :o)

Nana:

Gina

Very pretty.  Love the border.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:08 AM

Thanks so much Judy.  I never really liked that blue fabric when it was in my stash, but it really did match the quilt top colors well, so I'm glad I never got rid of it.

Judy:

Gina:

I finally finished it...even though it's late, here's a picture of the completed quilt top...

Gina,

Really like your blue border.  Thanks for posting the photo!  Nice job!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:19 AM

Ok... I took a couple closeups of my quilt top this morning before work since it was brighter in the house with the sun out.  This shows the detail of the fabrics a lot better than the pictures I posted last night when it was dark in the house.  The first picture shows the jelly roll before it was cut...I am a new member of the FatQuarterShop.com monthly jelly roll club, and I used the California Girl by Moda jelly roll from my first month's shipment for this mystery quilt.  I love Moda fabrics, and was real pleased with how it turned out in my quilt top.  The background and border fabric was from my stash, and never knew what to use it for...it worked perfect with this quilt top.  I wanted to do something more detailed for the border, but I just didn't have time with everything else I have to make right now.  

Everyone has done such a beautiful job on all your quilt tops!  I love all the variety of color pallets and border designs!  It's been fun watching you all post your pictures!  Looking forward to MQ7!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Gina: Beautiful quilt! love your fabrics, especially your background fabric!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Ok I'm confused!! What determines how many points you receive for each post?????

For example, when GIna first posted her finished quilt pictures she received 80 points and then when she posted a new set of pictures she got 5 points!!  Curious!

Second question:  what are our points for?????

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 2,280
Sue Jones replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:49 AM

I always wondered that.....

Sue

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:49 AM

Thank you so very much, Karen!  :o)

Karen, aka yayaquilts:

Gina: Beautiful quilt! love your fabrics, especially your background fabric!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:53 AM

Good question to ask everyone!  I don't even know what the points are for, or how they're even determined.  Does anyone know if points just status rank everyone or is it like a frequent shopper card where the points add up to earn rewards?

Karen, aka yayaquilts:

Ok I'm confused!! What determines how many points you receive for each post?????

For example, when GIna first posted her finished quilt pictures she received 80 points and then when she posted a new set of pictures she got 5 points!!  Curious!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:03 AM

Gina:

I finally finished it...even though it's late, here's a picture of the completed quilt top...

Great job Gina!  I love the way your border makes the blues pop in the center!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:08 AM

Thanks Dara!  I am so glad I finally found a use for that blue fabric!  :o)  It was never a favorite of mine, but was in my stash from a ton of fabric I got real cheap from a friend whose craft store closed its doors.  I have been trying hard to use up a lot of the fabric because I moved and no longer have room to store it all...so I am glad I was able to use this blue fabric for this quilt...I agree...it really does pull out the blues in the rest of the quilt top!

Dara Beth:

Gina:

Great job Gina!  I love the way your border makes the blues pop in the center!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:08 AM

Judy:

"Anyway, here it is.  I think I'll call it Fall Splendor for the colors.  This will be a high school graduation present for the boy next door when I get it quilted."  

Dara Beth--Love your quilt. The border really is awesome!  Really great job!  That is one lucky neighbor your have!

Thanks Judy!   

I thought about trying to quilt it myself, but, I'm working on a small (24 x 36) wall hanging and not doing a very good job so I think I'll get a more capable person to quilt it for me. :o)   Since it will be a present, I want it to be well done.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:18 AM

Karen, aka yayaquilts:

Karen,

We get 5 points for every post we make.  Then every time someone else clicks reply on your message, another 15 points are added.  We don't get any points for replying to our own posts.  So using your example, Gina got 5 points for her post, then 5 of us replied to her (5 times 15 = 75) to give a total of 80 points.  If someone else, replies to her, then her points for that post will continue to go up.

As to what the points are for.... nobody knows.  They just accumulate. :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:23 AM

Oh Brenda...I absolutely love your quilt top!  Green is my favorite color...I could see those colors on a quilt in my home!  You did a BEAUTIFUL job...excellent color choices!  ~Gina

Brenda E:

Well I finally finished the top. It is a bit strange for me to post a picture of only the quilt top with the quilt not yet finished. I don't usually take a picture until I have completed it entirely. 

I have to say that doing a Mystery Quilt was fun and I by making it scrappy I had to give up some control on the arrangement of fabrics, so all in all it was a wonderful experience. Now to decide on quilting design and get this thing finished.

Brenda

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:25 AM

Dara Beth... Your quilt top is so rich looking...you did a beautiful job on the borders...it just pops out of the computer screen when I scroll through all the posts!  Amazing job!  You're gonna make your neighbor one very happy person!  ~Gina

Dara Beth:

Well I finally have finished my top.  It is not exactly what I wanted. I had really wanted to piece squares for the outside corners that echoed the 8 sided shapes in the middle but I wanted to be finished more than I wanted the blocks and because I have so darn many other projects waiting on me. :-)  At least I managed to use up all of those small half square triangles. yea!  It measures about 102 by 84.

Anyway, here it is.  I think I'll call it Fall Splendor for the colors.  This will be a high school graduation present for the boy next door when I get it quilted.  I stood on the bed to get the last picture.

I'm right there with Marsha, definitely doing a happy dance and thrilled to be able to call it complete.  'Course, I still have to quilt & bind it, but I'm over this hurdle. :o)

Page 197 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use