Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 193 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 191 192 193 194 195 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620
Sue Jones replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:11 PM

I love your colors!

Sue

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620
Sue Jones replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:12 PM

love your quilt and zigzag borders.

Sue

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:20 PM

Kay:

Shades of Fall!

WTG Kay!    I kept experimenting with my borders in EQ5 and one of the 15 or so versions of my borders was just like yours.  Lovely fabrics!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:32 PM

Thanks Mary789, Susie, Nana, Viki, and Sue for your comments!!

It never ceases to amaze me how different these quilts are while still being the 'same'.  I love them all.  It is going to be so very hard to pick a single favorite!

A huge THANK YOU to Sandy for being our guide for this mystery quilt.  It was my first but certainly won't be my last.  I can hardly wait until fall for the next one but, then again, I do have a huge list of other projects to get busy on between now and then. LOL 

Also a great big THANKS to everyone one else who participated; the sewers & those who just cheered the rest of us on.  It's been a blast to see what you all have come up with and I've learned so much from all of you.

Hugs to all !!!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 315
Brenda E replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:01 PM

Well I finally finished the top. It is a bit strange for me to post a picture of only the quilt top with the quilt not yet finished. I don't usually take a picture until I have completed it entirely. 

I have to say that doing a Mystery Quilt was fun and I by making it scrappy I had to give up some control on the arrangement of fabrics, so all in all it was a wonderful experience. Now to decide on quilting design and get this thing finished.

Brenda

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:15 PM

So many beautiful quilts all from the same pattern, haven't seen one yet that I didn't like!

My quilt top is not done in time for viewer's choice but I thought I should at least post a picture in progress. I have the center completed but no border yet. Here's the quilt with the border I'm considering. The border will require 640  2 1/2" squares, that could take a while to cut let alone sew!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:18 PM

Oops, it cut off part of the photo, if you click on the photo you can see the rest of the border.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:32 PM

Ok, it's time to make up your mind.   Which is your favorite?  And if you haven't posted your picture in Group you still have this week to get it posted.

Here's a reminder on how to vote for your favorite.

• Anytime between June 15th and June 22nd you can vote for your favorite by sending me a message via Friends
  • I will send you a note to let you know I received your vote within two days.  If you don't a get response from me that means I did not get your vote. 
  • I will tally the votes and announce the winner on June 25th.

Southwest Florida

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:10 PM

Congratulations to everybody who has entered their quilts into the viewer's choice section and who posted their photos here.  They are all absolutely gorgeous and picking just one is going to be difficult.

My top has been done for a while now and I had hoped to get a photo up, but unfortunately I'm having trouble with my camera so doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon.  The only person who might be able to figure out how to get it working right is my husband, who won't be home from work until Monday morning.  Will try to at least get a picture up on this thread some time next week.

Have really enjoyed this one and look forward to doing fall's mystery with you.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40

Love the hugs and kisses

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 1,170
Gagoo replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:50 PM

I don't think I can get mine done in time, but I love all the finished ones that you've posted. Every time I see a new one I think "that's my favorite" Then the next one comes up and that's my fav.

Congratulations everyone and a big thank you to Sandy for another fun MQ. Can't wait til the next

quilty hugs

gagoo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:53 PM

don't vote yet!!! us people out west still have 2 more hours to get ours done. I know I will be done by then

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Mary789:

Karen, I did square up all the blocks after finishing each step.  To me, it seems easier to join the blocks together when they are the same size.  I think the points also match up better.

Thanks, Mary789--I agree that it's actually easier sewing blocks together when the blocks are the same size and points match better!!

I didn't do any sewing today--spent a lot of time cutting off the corners!!  Then, I discovered that I will have to do a lot of re-ironing when I make the second part of step 3 and the "X" blocks, so that the seams will lock. (I had ironed all those corners toward the corners!)

Again, I love all the completed quilts and quilt tops everyone has shared!! Beautiful and gorgeous every one of them!!

Next mystery I hope to work along with everyone and the clues, rather than after, like this time!!

And thank you, Sandy, as our moderator!!  Great job!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 882
Rochelle replied on Sat, Jun 16 2012 2:33 AM

I really like that blue border, too. It really pops out those squares! Beautiful!

Rochelle

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 882
Rochelle replied on Sat, Jun 16 2012 2:38 AM

Mary 789, That purple inner border is very pretty with the rest of the quilt! Very nice work!

Rochelle

Page 193 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 191 192 193 194 195 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use