Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 192 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 190 191 192 193 194 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:54 AM

Squareitup:
Completed MQ6 and calling it CONTROLLED CHAOS.  A lot of fun and stress.

I love your "Controlled Chaos".  I especially like what you did with your leftovers!  I am saving mine for a Bonnie Hunter quilt I plan on making.  The solids for the borders really set the blocks off and control the Chaos.  

Stress goes with mysteries.  We have no idea where we are going and are just as surprised as the rest when it is done.  I stressed over the length of mine and the border.  I had only one yard of fabric and it is directional.  I wanted to miter the corners, but lacked fabric.  Solved with cornerstones to match inner border.  I haven't named it yet - just happy to have it done.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 2:22 PM

I was doing the HAPPY DANCE last night about 10 pm when I finished attaching the borders!  I am calling this quilt Fall Festival because the orange border makes it look like October-November colors. 

I love the photos of everyone's quilts, they are all inspiring!    

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:11 AM

Sunshine1, Green made a great background.  I'm sure your son will love it!  WTG!!!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:21 AM

Marsha-SM:

Finally - hopefully under the wire - one very long MQ6

Finally bought some flannel and pinned it in front of soffit over narrow table.  Not very good place, very droopy, but at least it is here.  Has been done for almost a week, but have been trying to find a place large enough to take a picture.  This setup in the kitchen will have to do for now.  My floors aren't big enough for something this large. 

The Amish girl that is going to quilt it is very anxious to take it home and work on it.  I think I have batting and backing on hand, but have to "find" them in the chaos!!!  She wanted to take it home with her Monday but I needed to take a picture and find the rest for her.  Hope her frame is long enough!  I think her mother will help her and probably has a large frame. 

Picture of corner to show corner block and border.  Very droopy looking because it is longer than my wall is tall!  The wall is about 8 1/2 feet.

Great job Marsha.  I'm just getting ready to post mine now. :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:26 AM

Great job Mary789!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:40 AM

Well I finally have finished my top.  It is not exactly what I wanted. I had really wanted to piece squares for the outside corners that echoed the 8 sided shapes in the middle but I wanted to be finished more than I wanted the blocks and because I have so darn many other projects waiting on me. :-)  At least I managed to use up all of those small half square triangles. yea!  It measures about 102 by 84.

Anyway, here it is.  I think I'll call it Fall Splendor for the colors.  This will be a high school graduation present for the boy next door when I get it quilted.  I stood on the bed to get the last picture.

I'm right there with Marsha, definitely doing a happy dance and thrilled to be able to call it complete.  'Course, I still have to quilt & bind it, but I'm over this hurdle. :o)

• | Post Points: 110
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:43 AM

trying  to catch up on all the post, more work than the quilt I think. I love all the new pics posted. Sunshine your quilt is great . love your border material, Everytime I think I have figured out a plan for picking my favorite someone post more pics and out the window my plan goes. haha Great job everyone and thanks again sandy

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:14 AM

Dara, you did a super job on yours!  Good job using those triangles for one of the borders :-)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

SOOOOOOO many beautiful quilts!!!!  How do I pick just ONE?!?!?!?!

My MQ6 won't be in the running, but I'm excited to say I have Step 1, Step 2, and Step 4 completed.  I have the first part of Step 3 completed, as well.

So to those of your who have finished their MQ6's, since the directions don't say to, did you "square up" your blocks before sewing them together? I am squaring them up before doing the second part of Step 3 since most are not square. My 16 patches also aren't square either so I think I will square them up as well. Would love to hear what everyone else did!!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:34 AM

Dara-I love the ric-rac look of your borders!  What a cool way to use those hsts. 

Wow...we have to pick just one?  I sure wish I had seen some of these before I finished my top.  I may have changed the way I did it.  But then again...I can always do another one, right?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:35 AM

Dara

Beautiful quilt.  I love the borders.  Great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:40 AM

Did you guys know that this pattern is a variation of a block called Arkansas Crossroads?   Just a little trivia....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:41 AM

Dara,

Your quilt is gorgeous!  I love those colors!!!  Amazing!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:50 PM

Karen, I did square up all the blocks after finishing each step.  To me, it seems easier to join the blocks together when they are the same size.  I think the points also match up better.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 215
Points 7,525
Kay replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 1:54 PM

Shades of Fall!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 192 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 190 191 192 193 194 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use