Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 191 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 189 190 191 192 193 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:40 PM

Teresa:

Pretty fabrics Teresa.  I can't wait to see it with the borders on. :-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:45 PM

Jeanne:

I am done and not certain I really like it.  I would have done things differently if I had known.  and of course there is my "intentional mistake" and a "not so intentional" mistake.  I grabbed the wrong stack of border fabric and put the background fabric border right next to the quilt and when I finally noticed, I didn't have enough fabric to change it.  Now I see a 3rd mistake, gaaah!  I will put the last piece of border up top when done here.  Otherwise, here it it.  But it will keep me warm.  It is ready to go into quilt frame. 

Jeanne, we all have things we might have done differently.  If you really don't like it you can always use it as a back for another quilt.  I too have some ugly quilts that keep me nice and cozy warm. :o)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:47 PM

Teresa:

my update

got my border done!

WTG Teresa. Wonderful Job. Love the blue border.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:51 PM

OMG...I am in love with your quilt, Squareitup!  Love the fabric colors / patterns you used!  Excellent job!
~Gina

Squareitup:

Completed MQ6 and calling it CONTROLLED CHAOS.  A lot of fun and stress.  Picked a lot colors and got more nervous as time went on thinking what in hell's name have I done.  But as with most quilts, they all come out great and the more colors the more interesting.  Early on I decided to go solid with the borders and then added all those extra HST's we had from the leftovers.  They were either now or never.  So now I need to pick backing and get it quilted!  (and gets Nana's scrappy quilt done)

This was my second mystery quilt and more fun than my first because I got my sister to do one with me.  Hopefully she'll post hers tomorrow.

Thanks t o Sandy for moderating and everyone for the tips, hints and great conversations.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:51 PM

OMG...I am in love with your quilt, Squareitup!  Love the fabric colors / patterns you used!  Excellent job!
~Gina

Squareitup:

Completed MQ6 and calling it CONTROLLED CHAOS.  A lot of fun and stress.  Picked a lot colors and got more nervous as time went on thinking what in hell's name have I done.  But as with most quilts, they all come out great and the more colors the more interesting.  Early on I decided to go solid with the borders and then added all those extra HST's we had from the leftovers.  They were either now or never.  So now I need to pick backing and get it quilted!  (and gets Nana's scrappy quilt done)

This was my second mystery quilt and more fun than my first because I got my sister to do one with me.  Hopefully she'll post hers tomorrow.

Thanks t o Sandy for moderating and everyone for the tips, hints and great conversations.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:53 PM

MaryAnn in MA:

Thank you, Sandy, for another successful MQ!! So many different ones and they are ALL so beautiful!! This is going to be tough!

Here is my "Diamonds in the Rough"

Beautiful Love the dark background and the piano key border.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 7:57 PM

walla2butterfly:

okay well I guess I am finally done with mine minus the quilting and binding. The borders are kind of just boring and plain but the material is pretty. I tried to take some pics out in the front yard, but didnt really work to well. I will post them but I might try to get another pic when someone is around to hold up the quilt, laying on the ground doesnt do much justice.

Great job Tami.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:01 PM

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

Great quilt Betty.  I like your take on the pattern!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:07 PM

Squareitup:

I just LOVE it. 

I too used up my small HST's. Not quite done but will have it done Friday and get it posted.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
Sunshine1 replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 10:21 PM

I made this quilt for my son's new townhome.  Since I needed a few more colors for my squares I looked for more colors to liven it up. I thought a black background might be to dark so with much courage I made green my new black. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
Sunshine1 replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 10:21 PM

I made this quilt for my son's new townhome.  Since I needed a few more colors for my squares I looked for more colors yo live. Up the mix.  I thought black might be too dark do with lots of courage I made green my new black. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

Vivian and Dara Beth thank you for your comments. I was surprised that no one else did the x's and o's . There are things I would have done differently and I may add another border if I decide I want it bigger. I am glad to move on to my next quilt which a friend and I are doing  together. [ each our own, and its  a lot of applique]  I have hardly been home much as we are working at her home. I have to find time to look at all the quilts, choosing one is not going to be easy.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

Joan L, your quilt makes me think of cotton candy with sprinkles on it. Love the quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,825
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 11:30 PM

Sunshine

I love your quilt.  Your green made a perfect "black">

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 28,075
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:44 AM

Finally - hopefully under the wire - one very long MQ6

Finally bought some flannel and pinned it in front of soffit over narrow table.  Not very good place, very droopy, but at least it is here.  Has been done for almost a week, but have been trying to find a place large enough to take a picture.  This setup in the kitchen will have to do for now.  My floors aren't big enough for something this large. 

The Amish girl that is going to quilt it is very anxious to take it home and work on it.  I think I have batting and backing on hand, but have to "find" them in the chaos!!!  She wanted to take it home with her Monday but I needed to take a picture and find the rest for her.  Hope her frame is long enough!  I think her mother will help her and probably has a large frame. 

Picture of corner to show corner block and border.  Very droopy looking because it is longer than my wall is tall!  The wall is about 8 1/2 feet.

Marsha - Western New York

Page 191 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 189 190 191 192 193 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use