Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 189 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 187 188 189 190 191 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Thank you, Sandy, for another successful MQ!! So many different ones and they are ALL so beautiful!! This is going to be tough!

Here is my "Diamonds in the Rough"

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,120
Donna replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 8:42 PM

just got home from a shop hop with the quilters guild.  Had a great time and spent less that 200.00 so it was a successful day.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,140
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:19 PM

okay well I guess I am finally done with mine minus the quilting and binding. The borders are kind of just boring and plain but the material is pretty. I tried to take some pics out in the front yard, but didnt really work to well. I will post them but I might try to get another pic when someone is around to hold up the quilt, laying on the ground doesnt do much justice.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

OMG!  So many gorgeous quilts!  Love each and every one!!  

I completed Step 1 and ironed all those 4 patches. SInce I need to go to LQS today for more background fabric, I decided to work on Step 4 and made about 6-16 patches.  I must have taken over an hour trying to make sure each patch had 16 different fabrics.  After a lot of fussing, I was able to get 22 patches having all different fabrics, or so I thought.  So I made 3 new 4 patches with different fabrics and started sewing the 16 patches.  On the 5th and 6th one, I discovered I missed a couple of duplicate fabrics within the 16 patches.......oh well....I decided I'd leave them  (a lot of fussing for nothing!!) 'cuz no one will notice anyway, right!?! Sometimes it's so hard to get scrappy looking "just the way I want it!"  I do love this pattern though.

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

I couldn't get the entire quilt in the picture because I couldn't stand back far enough.Anyway you can see how a non-conformist does it. lol. I loved the Missouri Quilt star fabric and I HAD to put like colors together and this is what happened.  Next time I will use scraps for this pattern. Anyway it is what it is.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:10 AM

Hugs and Kisses??

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:43 AM

Very nice, Penny.  I like Civil War prints.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

Vivian, I saw your ?? I named it  Kisses & Hugs because  1. the kiss is first at upper left. and  2. I had to be different. lol ... I guess its just my sense of humor.   

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

Some close up's. of the 16 patches.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620
Sue Jones replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:15 PM

BEAUTIFUL!

Sue

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:23 PM

The Quilting Gremlins have been busy at my house!  Sunday week, I sat and marked the corners I needed to finish the Xs on my last row.  Yesterday, when I was all primed to make them and finish the last row, they were nowhere to be found!  I've turned my 800 sq.ft. house upside down and can't find them anywhere.  So, tomorrow, I get to count out the number of corners I need and mark them all again.  You k now what will happen, right?  As soon as I start to clear up the remainders of this quilt and the Hoffman Challenge quilt, they will be sitting on the table in plain sight!  I'll just shake my head and put them in the coffee can with the rest of the 2 1/2" squares that are left.  Then I'll start on my almost 40 yr. old son's Grinch quilt.  I gave him the material for Christmas with a promise he'd have the quilt this coming Christmas.  Once I finish that, I've got two more planned, not to mention the June and July scrappy quilts, the Craftsy BOM (which I still haven't found the fabric for), 3 quilts for the three other Craftsy quilt classes I'm taking (they may just get blocks for now).  That's just the ones I know I have waiting.  That doesn't include the stack of UFOs, one of which is 18 yrs waiting and another that is 15 yrs!  That's OK, I'm retired & live alone, so I'll just chain myself to the sewing machine.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

Vivian, I saw your ?? I named it  Kisses & Hugs because  1. the kiss is first at upper left. and  2. I had to be different. lol ... I guess its just my sense of humor.   

I love your quilt's name, Betty, and your explanation. Reminds me of a funny story.  I often send texts to my grandkids via their mom's phone and say "give the kids kisses and huggies!"  So the other day I meant to text my greeting and instead my phone's autocorrect sent, "GIve the kids kisses and baggies!" Both my daughter and I laughed up a storm!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

MizPat--my list of UFO's is almost as log as yours!!

I finished all the16 patches for Step 4 today.  I went to the LQS and bought more background fabric and finished cutting out the squares. They are ready to sew the squares on the corners, maybe tomorrow or Thursday.   I'm really glad I am making this quilt-I love the pattern!  

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,450

Completed MQ6 and calling it CONTROLLED CHAOS.  A lot of fun and stress.  Picked a lot colors and got more nervous as time went on thinking what in hell's name have I done.  But as with most quilts, they all come out great and the more colors the more interesting.  Early on I decided to go solid with the borders and then added all those extra HST's we had from the leftovers.  They were either now or never.  So now I need to pick backing and get it quilted!  (and gets Nana's scrappy quilt done)

This was my second mystery quilt and more fun than my first because I got my sister to do one with me.  Hopefully she'll post hers tomorrow.

Thanks t o Sandy for moderating and everyone for the tips, hints and great conversations.

Square it Up, Las Vegas

• | Post Points: 95
Page 189 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 187 188 189 190 191 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use