Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 185 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 183 184 185 186 187 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180

Forgot to add that I finally had time while my internet was working tonight to look at everyone else's quilts.  So many beautiful, colorful quilts.  Hope to get mine posted soon. 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695

Marsha, nice story. Yea a baby will keep you busy. Just the other day I was at a meeting and we were doing idol talk, when one of the young ladies said she brush her dog faithfully everyday,,, until she had her baby. I remember when my 3 boys were little, I ended up getting rid of all my house plants. Packing up nic nacks of special meaning and tossing the rest. I just didnt have the time to tend or dust all the stuff. I am just finally getting some time back to myself. My youngest is the only one left home and he can fend for himself.

What program do you use for designing quilts on your puter? I downloaded one called quilt assist the other day. Only had a few mins to check it out. but really didnt see how it was going to help me much.  Maybe I just need to mess with it some more. I am trying to design a quilt for my son. And I would really like to get a feel for the desgin before I start making blocks

Well I hope you get your energy back. It is raining here again. Some one said it was warming in fairbanks alaska then here. Cant believe it is June and I am hybernating inside. But makes good for quilt making Well DH should have the part done soon so I can get back to sewing

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180

walla2butterfly:
What program do you use for designing quilts on your puter?

I use EQ 6.  I have had 3 versions of EQ but don't think the price of the EQ 7 upgrade is in my future plans.  EQ 6 works really well to design blocks or draft blocks from a printed pattern or picture so that you can try colors, block combinations and quilt layouts.  I can resize quilt patterns easily to make quilt the size I want.  I often make 12" blocks smaller and can print out rotary cutting directions for these blocks.  I am an oldfashioned measure it type, so like how I can get the measurements of the pieces for the smaller blocks.

The program is quite expensive, but I have really designed hundreds of quilts on it - haven't made too many, but can put down my ideas in a less-fleeting form!  I tend to have too many ideas in my head and if I don't "capture" then, they're gone!  Some day I will make many of them, but I had better hurry while I can still do them.  The old body just seems to keep getting older!

We went to our youngest daughter's about 50 miles away today to help her start moving some of her belongings out of the house that is in the process of being sold.  She has already signed papers on a new house, but she and her daughter have to live in this house until this deal's paperwork is finished.  Then she has to move immediately.  They are down to 2 dressers, 2 beds, the livingroom furniture and kitchen table and chairs and of course the TV.  The rest is now in storage after today's work.  All she has to pack up is the kitchen "stuff" she is using, her linens, and their clothes.  Her husband (nearly "former") was actually there and was pleasant for a change.  He helped a lot and was even decent to her.  He blames their daughter (15) for breaking them up and is usually mean to her, but she kept out of his way today. In reality, he is the guilty one - another woman and drinking!  Our middle daughter is coming from Texas in 2 weeks to help her paint the inside of the new house and she needs new carpets, so when they have to move they will be sleeping on air mattresses until the carpets are laid.  When the old house deal is done, we will be moving the rest of the furniture to her storage and they will live with portable furniture until the walls and floors are done - lots easier to move out of the way.  We move all the family's furniture with our cattle trailer (after pressure washing).  It is amazing what a 20 foot trailer can hold! 2 daughters have been moved 3 or 4 times each, so we have it down to a system! 

Getting away from home for a while helped my fatigue.  I hope it is better tomorrow so I can sew!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 215

Everyone's quilts are beautiful. There is no way to pick a favorite.  I have enjoyed doing my first mystery quilt - can't wait until the next one.  I finally got mine finished.  Decided I wanted a second border and had to wait for the fabric to be delivered.  Here is mine - Jill

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 86
Points 1,885
Maia replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 10:47 PM

Just looked at the finished quilts posted so far.  Everyone's look great, can't wait to see the rest next week. 

Maia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:35 AM

madcallia, love your fabrics, it turned out great.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 9:14 AM

Marsha,

Where in WNY are you? I think you said once before, but my memory isn't what it used to be. I found myself wondering when I did the Western NY shop hop this weekend.  it might be fun to try to meet up at some point.  I have my own car, am not employed, and love day trips.

Jan G

Rochester NY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 9:26 AM

thanks Marsha. I will see if I can find the program and look at it. I dont know that I want to spend much. I dont know how much I will be designing in the future. I may just have to play with this program for a bit and see what I can do with it. If anything it wil help me with the color flow. Well it is sunny here today and suppose to get up to mid 70s, wind looks like it is a little calmer today, so maybe I will get caught up with outside. Enjoy your day and hope your family gets settled in in due time

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 9:30 AM

Okay a question.

I noticed that JoAnn's is having a 50% sell on muslin. I usually put muslin on the backside of my quilts. I love the feel of it and like that I can get it to size. My question is that the color is getting boring. Can I dye the muslin? does it look okay?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 3,140
Sheila replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 1:47 PM

walla2butterfly:

Okay a question.

I noticed that JoAnn's is having a 50% sell on muslin. I usually put muslin on the backside of my quilts. I love the feel of it and like that I can get it to size. My question is that the color is getting boring. Can I dye the muslin? does it look okay?

I don't know about dying muslin, but I have another avenue for you to explore....eBay!   I am always trolling eBay for great bargains on fabric, especially large chunks to use for quilt backings, since I make about 40-50 bedsize quilts a year.  Just recently, a couple of quiltshops were going out of business and had their stock up for auction; I scored 14 different bolts of fabric (all 12 yards and up) for less than $2.00 a yard, and that includes shipping!  One bolt was particularly a major coup for a cheapskate like me;  Kona Bay, 17 yard bolt, for $7.00!.  I can get lots of backings out of that one!  I also got a Hoffman 30 yard bolt one time and have used it on one quilt so far.  Who uses Hoffman fabrics for quilt backs???  I do because I've got so much of it; makes me feel like a rich quilter. LOL

Sheila in Montana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 160
Cindy replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 3:10 PM

Just finished today.  This was my first MQ and the largest quilt I have made so far.  What a fun way to make a quilt!  Thanks, Sandy.  I'm trying to pick a favorite. 

I'm looking forward to MQ7.

Cindy E.

• | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 3:21 PM

Everybodies pictures turned out so great. Mine is so dark I am not sure it is doing my quilt justice. I think I will try and take a better picture. Is there any way to delete a picture so i can post a new one?

Thanks,

Linda

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 6:19 PM

Jan:

Marsha,

Where in WNY are you? I think you said once before, but my memory isn't what it used to be. I found myself wondering when I did the Western NY shop hop this weekend.  it might be fun to try to meet up at some point.  I have my own car, am not employed, and love day trips.

Jan G

Rochester NY

I am about 60 miles south of Market Place Mall, a place I haven't been able to visit for over 5 years!  Need to take a trip there to see what I have been missing.  Also need to find some quilt shops!!  Do all my fabric shopping online now.  I used to live in Irondequoit and in Rochester until we were married.   We are about 15 miles south of Letchworth park in Fillmore (4 miles across the Genesee River from town in the boonies). 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 6:24 PM

Cindy:

Just finished today.  This was my first MQ and the largest quilt I have made so far.  What a fun way to make a quilt!  Thanks, Sandy.  I'm trying to pick a favorite. 

I'm looking forward to MQ7.

Cindy, your dark border really sets the quilt off and accents the darker fabrics.  The inner border ties it all together.  I just finished my quilt today also and now have to find a place to hang it to take a picture.  I made it 2 rows longer to fit college dorm beds. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 887
Rochelle replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 6:32 PM

Sandy, how do we post the pictures? I finished my quilt top but want to add more borders to make it a queen sized bed quilt. It is my first big quilt and I am much a beginner. Thanks for all your support. I really enjoyed this format! Do you have a name for the pattern?

Rochelle

Rochelle

Page 185 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 183 184 185 186 187 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use