Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 184 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 182 183 184 185 186 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 12:57 PM

didash:

Diane, it came out lovely.  Really like the butterfly quilting motif, and your solution for the poofs is wonderful.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 12:58 PM

didash:

Your niece is going to love it!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075

did fabric therapy today, and found more material for borders

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Wow, wonderful quilts. They are all winners!

Finished up one pillow sham this morning then ran out of border fabric... really thought it would get here before this but will have to wait until next week to finish the other one, but I posted it anyway. This is one big quilt

Thank you all for your kind comments about mine. All the fabric were from Summersault by Westminister Fabrics, except the white. I think now, I can start Nana Scrappy now, that is if I can find the thread. I like the colors and think that I'll use a very light batting so it can be used for Summer.  I used 120 prairie points. Kathy my S-I-L helped me fold them and comment that it must have been quite a job sewing them on, however; it was probably the easiest part :o)

Now, it is rest time.

xoxoxo,

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Just a reminder, everyone should have their pictures posted in the MQ group by next weekend.  I will start accepting votes next Saturday.

You will need to be my friend to vote for your favorite, so if you are not already my friend, please send a request this week.

Southwest Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

MNnancy:
obviously am not aiming to make the voting deadline

I obviously am not aiming to get mine done in time for voting either. I have some of it done, but not nearly complete. Too many irons in the fire.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 10:16 PM

Elaine Phillips:
Too many irons in the fire.

Amen to that!  I wish at least that they were quilting irons, but that's not even the case.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 12:45 AM

Kudo's to all who joined in the MQ6 challenge.  All of the tops and finished quilts are beautiful.  You should all be very proud of yourselves. 

I copied off the  instructions and will do it at a later time.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

Debbie-do:

didash:

Diane, you absolutely have to post this in Viewer's choice!  It's beautiful.  It doesn't have to be quilted and bound! The top just has to be finished.  You did a wonderful job with color selection.

I totally agree.  Your colors are gorgeous and your quilting looks nice too!!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,145

I have about 15 completed 4-patches and love the way they look!!  Hope to get the rest sewn this weekend. At least I have finally started the sewing of this Mystery.......I won't have it done for the voting, but that's ok.  There's already so many gorgeous ones to chose from anyway!!  Great job everyone!

PS-where are the pictures of the finished MQ6 quilts posted?  Can someone post the link, as I can't find it!

Karen, aka yayaquilts

Southern California

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 174
Points 2,555

Wow ! I have been away for awhile. Had a church yard sale to get ready for , and then have. So many things keeping me from sewing. I finally finished my MQ6 top. Took pictures last nite and have spent the morning trying to upload to no avail. I was going to post in media first  but no luck yet.  I do fine up to the  " specify File/ url" part , it just doesn't recognize anything I put in. I know where the pictures are .  Its difficult to be computor challanged . lol   I usually can figure it out by trial and error  but its not working this am. Well I will try again.   I know I am not in the running for the vote but I just wanted to show  how  a non conformist did this. Totally different than all the others which by the way are all beautiful. If I had used scraps I could possibly done it  according to the plan, but the Missouri quilt star fabric was so beautiful I just had to do it differently. Hope you get to see it. Voting is going to be hard thats for sure.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 174
Points 2,555

I just don't understand why I can't get my picture to upload.....I can pull it from different places and I have the directions I wrote down from  MQ5 . I  went thru the steps then went to "preview" so as not to post a blank  every time I tried.  I burned my pictures on a disk .  I did see when I had the photo on the side that it said     download  0    but I can't figure out  what is wrong , I tried to go back to see if I could  download but its really getting to me why I can find the pictures in the computor whether or not the disk or chip is in it and cannot  upload it.  ughhhh!   5 hours of this and I could be quilting. I really need  help if anyone knows what I am doing or not doing.  Please help. Thanks.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935

Betty, when you come to the screen with the browse button click the button, you need the whole path to the file including the file name and extention for it to work and it's way to easy to type something wrong so click on browse then navigate to the file.  Once you double click on the file the browse box will go away (or click the file name then open).  Be sure you then click on INSERT or SAVE then wait... and wait.. and wait... It should show up after a minute or so.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 174
Points 2,555

Thank you again Debbie. I did all the steps right, I just forgot to wait, wait, wait. ! I am now in media. Now to go to viewers choice. I don't know what I would do without you. I still have the notes from MQ5 I just forgot the last thing.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400

Still haven't finished the borders on my quilt.  I got the corners on the top and bottom borders but didn't have the energy to go to the sewing machine to put them on the quilt.  The sides are done. Have been fighting horrible fatigue the last week, so haven't gotten much done.  I just sit in my recliner and either design quilts on my laptop or read quilt magazines or Bonnie Hunter's books.  I bought 3 and got them a few days ago.  I plan to adapt some to wheelchair size and get more of my scraps used up. 

I am feeling a little better tonight so hope to finish tomorrow and figure out how to take a picture of the long "monster".  I may get it quilted soon - not by me, though.  An Amish girl in our neighborhood would like to earn some money quilting, so will quilt this for me as soon as I dig out some backing and batting that is long enough.  Most batting I have is double sized because that is the right size to make 4 wheelchair quilts with not much left over.  I have no idea how much this will cost me as she doesn't have any idea herself until she sees how long it will take her.  She is just married to a "boy" that milks for our nephew and gets bored just hanging around the barn while he works.  She doesn't like to stay alone.  Maybe she will have a baby within the next year, then she will be busy enough to not be so bored.  They are so young!! 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 50
Page 184 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 182 183 184 185 186 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use