Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 176 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 174 175 176 177 178 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

didash:

As I've mentioned before, this quilt will be given to my mom who is 82 and quickly losing her battle with Alzheimers.  As I was working on the quilt, it gave me lots of time to reflect on the past...and each time I worked with or looked at one of the X's, it made me think of how Mom would cross her arms to hug us tight when we climbed on her lap as tots.  So I decided to name the quilt  "In Mommy's Arms",  I showed her the completed top tonight and told her what I named it and why...she actually seemed to genuinely recall some of those "snuggle times" and her eyes got misty.  Made me realize I made the right choice.  This is a much larger quilt than my first one, so I'm sure the quilting won't be done until next week.  Will post a pic then.

My heart goes out to you Diane.  Lost my own Mom to Alzheimer's a couple of years back.  She was 82 when she passed.  I'm glad that your Mom is still with you and that she appreciated the top, its name, and the reason for it.  Can't wait to see your pictures next week.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 8:27 PM

Linda:
I finally finished the quilt.

The purples are just luscious Linda.  You did a fabulous job.  Congratulations.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Cindi:

Your blues are very pretty Cindi.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 8:29 PM

Ms MoomMist:
Got my borders on today including my Prairie Points.

Super job MMM.  I love the additional Prairie Points.  The first border is so perfect.  Was it part of the line or just a lucky piece of fabric from your stash?  WTG

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Sheila:

Love this modern interpretation of an Amish quilt.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 8:32 PM

Janet, I love how your quilt looks like a stained glass.  Would love to make one like it.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

lcqultr46:

Nicely done.  Great use of the leftover HST's.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Cheryl D:

Lovely quilt Cheryl.  Really like the dot background fabric.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 8:42 PM

"kisses and hug",                          kinda big oops in the corner.  i thought it was funny and left it.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Dorothy:

Very interesting interpretation Dorothy, and I love the story that goes along with it.  I'm sure your granddaughter is going to love it!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,801
Points 123,045

Elizabeth:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Judy, your Mom sure knows her stuff.  The quilt is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks Elizabeth. She was a sweet woman and I still value her opinion even though it's just this little nudge on my shoulder now and then.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Sheri A.:

Very pretty.  I'm loving all of the quilts made with this fabric line.  Thinking another trip to the shop might be in my near future .. lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Linda:

Very pretty Linda.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235

Karla:

Everyone's quilts are so beautiful.  I still have to put borders on mine and can't decide if I like the fabric I originally chose to use or not.  Everything has been on hold for the last 2 weeks as my MIL passed and we had to have the body shipped to California and travel there for the funeral.  

So sorry for your loss Karla.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Janet Hanley:

Sailboats For Andy,

Hi Janet!  Your quilt looks awesome--the little boats are the perfect finishing touch and they look great set in the corners  :-)

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 20
Page 176 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 174 175 176 177 178 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use