Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 170 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 168 169 170 171 172 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 31 2012 5:16 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I went off the grid and arranged the blocks differently and added some applique. I also added borders to make it queen size for our bed.

Named this one after my mom as she was on my mind the whole Memorial weekend while I was working on it.

Way to go, Judy!  I love that someone has now shown the newbies how creative you can get with these mystery quilts!  Yours is a standout for sure!  Sending you a <<hug>>  Pretend it's from your mom.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 31 2012 5:21 PM

Way to go Snugglebug and Sheila, too!  Love the cute bear appliques and the dynamic solids on your two quilts!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Thu, May 31 2012 8:33 PM

JudyEE, love your quilt, love how you bordered it!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500

okay I am back. Wow is all I can say, everyone's quilts looks so good. Too many choice to pick just one. I did do a walk through at the LQS, and might have found something that might work for my border. found some material that will work with other quilts , (oh love that place) got some scraps in the mail from Jan from for the scrap happy quilt that is just perfect ( thanks Jan). well time to get up and do something, took me to long to catch up here.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365

Well, I've been playing with my leftover HST's and finally took my edge strips (the 1/2 X's) and went to attach them last night.  Found my seams we slightly over 1./4", so the strips were way short.  Spent last night frogging the two shorter sides.  Yes, I took apart the entire strips and redid them.  I've got the two longer sides to go and then I want to add a boarder of HST's, then the 4" boarder.  Maybe I'll be done by the end of the weekend.  I've been looking at Nana's scrappy quilt project starting today.  Maybe I'll start that.  Maybe I'll start my window quilt.  I have to get to my planned projects and quit with these extra diversions, though they are fun.  I also need to plan a 1 year anniversary party for tomorrow to shine a light on our foster dog and get him adopted.  Yes, we've had him a year.  Anyone knows of anyone in the Chicago area looking for a sweet little dog, he's a three year old Chi-weenie and will be at the PetSmart by Stratford Square Saturday 11-3.

Help me get this dog a home, please and thank you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

MNnancy:

Judy T-Bellingham:

I went off the grid and arranged the blocks differently and added some applique. I also added borders to make it queen size for our bed.

Named this one after my mom as she was on my mind the whole Memorial weekend while I was working on it.

Way to go, Judy!  I love that someone has now shown the newbies how creative you can get with these mystery quilts!  Yours is a standout for sure!  Sending you a <<hug>>  Pretend it's from your mom.

Thanks Nancy, that's sweet. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

lcqultr46:

Judy T-Bellingham:
Just try to get back before the thing flashes on your running butt!

Wonderful quilt Judy T., nice thoughts about your mom and  to see your face made it into the picture.

Thanks JudyEE. I don't know why mom was so strongly on my mind with this quilt. I think I will include her picture in the label. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 275
Cheryl D replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:44 AM

I have my MQ6 done. And DH says that it will stay in South Dakota. Also sent a close up.

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 275
Cheryl D replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:48 AM

I just love all the quilts that have been posted. I just don't know how we will pick the best one. I already have so many favorites everyone has done just a great job.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:11 AM

Nice job Cheryl but tell DH I think it would look just great in Washington (haha) I wasnt sure about your background fabric when I saw it a few weeks back but it turn out just gorgeous

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:26 AM

Great quilts everyone. I think I have decided on my boarders. I too will add a narrow and then a thicker boarder so that it will fit a twin bed. I checked it out on my Granddaughters bed and it will look great in her room. Like her mother she wants every quilt that I make LOL. Will post pictures soon.

Linda

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:28 AM

Cindi:

Judy I really like your "liberty" quilt!  I love the patchwork border.  It really adds to the design.

Here is mine, finally.  The picture doesn't do justice to the colors in the quilt.  But it's what I got with my Iphone lol. 

Great job Cindi!  Makes me think of the ocean.

I'm still working on mine.  I got the borders on that we made in step 3 and 2 sides of my next border are on and the other 2 are pinned and ready to be sewn.  I'm just having a tough time getting to the sewing room.  Too much going on right now.  We did get my FIL's house listed and just accepted the offer that was made on it before the signs even went up!  The last couple of days have been something else!  Hopefully, I can get some sewing done tonight :-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:33 AM

Sheila:

Here is my MQ6 version.  It is truly a scrappy quilt comprised of all solids; sort of like an Amish quilt.  I got a bunch of solids scraps from a garage sale (for $2.00!) about 20 years ago and have been schlepping them around ever since.  I dusted them off especially for the MQ6 and am pleased with how they turned into a vibrant quilt.  There are over 75 different colors and hues in these solids, and I still have a bunch of it left, a good excuse to make another all solid quilt?  This one turned out at 88 inches square.

Wonderful Sheila!  I especially like the way you did you border to simulate a 'trip around the world"  What a teriffic way to put that fabric to use.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:44 AM

lcqultr46:

MizPat:
He looks like he's watching you to see if you're going to make him get off "his" quilt

So right, MizPat, Tino's decided the quilt matches him and he's not going to let anything move him. This is our first puppy in 17 years, our darling Rocky passed on a couple of months ago, and we decided to take on a rescue puppy, Border Collie/Lab mix. It's quilte a challenge but worth it.

But we figured out the borders together and I finally finished yesterday once the rain started and I couldn't garden anymore. I also used the scrap hst's for 2" pinwheel blocks for the corner posts. I call it October Nights.

Beautiful job Judy EE  I like your border choices.  The turquoise one pull that color out of the blocks and you background fabric.  WTG!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:53 AM

Cheryl D:

I have my MQ6 done. And DH says that it will stay in South Dakota. Also sent a close up.

Great job Cheryl.  Too bad it is staying in SD.  It would have looked so great on my bed. LOL

• | Post Points: 50
Page 170 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 168 169 170 171 172 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use