Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 165 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 163 164 165 166 167 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Tue, May 29 2012 3:33 PM

Thanks Nana!  I will try to re-reply to the poster of that quilt!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Tue, May 29 2012 3:41 PM

I can't find the original post by Judy so I guess I will post my reply here...  WOW...I am loving your quilt!  I really like the border fabric you used...my son would love that, as he loves dolphins, sharks, etc.  It turned out great!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Tue, May 29 2012 4:09 PM

Patti, love your colors.  The fireworks are great.

Debi, very nice.  I like the darker backgrounds. 

Jeaninie, nice find for your boarder fabric.  Really pulls the whole thing together.

lcqulrt46, like your country colors.  Seems like Tino likes them too.  How sweet.

Mary, still love yours too.

Marilyn B, B is for Bold and Beatiful.  Reminds me of stained glass.

Carol, way to use up your stash.  I dig the cranberry boarder.

Walla

urgodschiild2.  very French country.  Oui.  And look what you did with the 16 patches!  Talk about keeping control.

Donna, Nice choice on boarder fabric.

Pat, love the purple and gold.

Debbie-do.  Cute use of left overs.  I'm thinking of using mine as a thin boarder.  May have to make some extras.

I'm sure I've missed some of you, but love everyone's work.  Hoping to get mine done this week. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,070

This isn't a great photo but George and I had a hard time holding it up so it all shows. I had to set the camera on timer. Just try to get back before the thing flashes on your running butt!

I went off the grid and arranged the blocks differently and added some applique. I also added borders to make it queen size for our bed.

Named this one after my mom as she was on my mind the whole Memorial weekend while I was working on it. I call it Memories of Mama.  Mom loved to be part of whatever I was doing and, in her very quiet way, very free with suggestions.  I think she was sitting on my shoulder these past few days. I could almost hear her...... "Judy, you need to add another border. Now, why don't you put the blocks like so it would look so much better. Have you thought of just a bit more blue?".  Honestly, sometimes the feeling was so strong I had to stop and catch my breath and compose myself.  Dang, I miss that woman.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 230
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, May 29 2012 4:45 PM

Oh, Judy it is beautiful.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Tue, May 29 2012 5:08 PM

Judy, SUPER job on your design additions to this quilt!  Thanks for sharing such sweet memories of your Mom.  She would surely love this beautiful quilt!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Gina:

I can't find the original post by Judy so I guess I will post my reply here...  WOW...I am loving your quilt!  I really like the border fabric you used...my son would love that, as he loves dolphins, sharks, etc.  It turned out great!

Thanks Gina!  Thanks for posting several times to make sure I got your message.  It takes a while to get the hang of posting messages here.  The easiest way to post is to pick the grey Reply button in the upper right of of a post.  When the new window opens click the red word Quote. That pulls any photos and text into your message.  You can trim it if you only want to respond to part of the message. You can resize photos too by pulling on a corner of the photo if you are using Windows. (Doesn't work on Mac).

The ocean material is great fabric.  There is a shop in Michigan where you can order some of this fabric if you'd like. It is called Enchanted Oceans.  There are some panels you can purchase as well. Here is the link.  Here's hoping they still have some in stock!

http://www.creativequiltkits.com/quilt-fabrics/manufacturer/south-sea-imports/south-sea-imports-enchanted-oceans.html

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Judy T-Bellingham:

Named this one after my mom as she was on my mind the whole Memorial weekend while I was working on it. I call it Memories of Mama.  Mom loved to be part of whatever I was doing and, in her very quiet way, very free with suggestions.  I think she was sitting on my shoulder these past few days. I could almost hear her...... "Judy, you need to add another border. Now, why don't you put the blocks like so it would look so much better. Have you thought of just a bit more blue?".  Honestly, sometimes the feeling was so strong I had to stop and catch my breath and compose myself.  Dang, I miss that woman.

Judy T-Bellingham--love your bright quilt.  I really like the way you flipped the pieced border and then your 4 outer borders.   The suggestions you think your Mom would have made were right on!  Awesome!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, May 29 2012 6:04 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Memories of Mama. 

Judy,

Wow! What a beautiful quilt. I  agree, think your Mama was sitting on your shoulder helping you design this one--its so pretty!   You did her proud!  Love those borders and your gorgeous colors.

Hugs!

Marlene

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Nana:

Judy

Your nautical quilt is beautiful.  I like your corner blocks.

Thanks Nana!  
I had the day off and made myself put together a scrappy back for this quilt from the left over fabrics with a little help from some plain Kona blues to make up the difference!  With your scrappy quilt project starting on Friday I figured I'd better get MQ6 ready to quilt to keep it from becoming a UFO!   :-)     Whew!  All set to quilt MQ6 and looking forward to the new adventure!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, May 29 2012 6:39 PM

Judy

I absolutely love your quilt.  By turning those outside blocks the border looks scalloped.  Gorgeous.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

• | Post Points: 140
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

These earthy colors were really out of my comfort zone, so when I completed the quilt top I felt it had a bit of a woodsy feel, hence the little bears on the top and bottom.  Unfortunately my walls are pretty much spoken for, so the floor was the only spot I could think of to show it, sorry about that.  It amazes me how different everyone's tops are.  Even though the pattern was the same, the different personalities are striking!  Great work everyone!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Tue, May 29 2012 7:38 PM

Cindi:

I guess if I'm going to go post my quilt there, I'd better get it finished huh? 

Is there a time limit? 

For you newbies, here's the rundown on Viewer's Choice.

• You will have until June 15th to finish your top and post a picture in the Group (it does not have to be quilted)
  • Anytime between June 15th and June 22nd you can vote for your favorite by sending me a message via Friends
  • I will tally the votes and announce the winner on June 25th.

(PS: Watch for MQ7 in the Fall!)

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, May 29 2012 7:51 PM

Snugglebug Quilter:

Cute!!

Page 165 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 163 164 165 166 167 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use