Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 155 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 153 154 155 156 157 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Sat, May 26 2012 9:23 PM

Really nice Pat .. black and white always looks great together, and your Yin Yang quilt is no exception.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 1,895
MizPat replied on Sat, May 26 2012 9:39 PM

Hi all,

The finished tops I've seen have just blown me away!  They are all beautiful.  Not one of them makes me shake my head and say I just don't get it.

Having said that, I need input on my top.  I'm still not wild about my fabrics, but I plan to finish this weekend.  I have a question about my border fabric.  It is an uneven stripe, mainly in the turquoise blue colors, so I won't be mitering the border.  My questions are:

1. should I make the stripes go the length and width of the quilt, parallel to the edges of the top,
  2. should the stripes be perpendicular to the edges of the top
  3. or should I make the sides the long way and the ends on the short way?
  4. or should I do something else for the border?  I still have two packages (24 pcs each) of 10" squares so I could make a scrappy kind of border for it.

I've seen all these ways, and just can't decide.  Any input gratefully considered. 

Thanks,

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 3,865
Debi replied on Sat, May 26 2012 10:07 PM

MizPat,

I had the same issue with a quilt I was working on. I decided to cut the strips the width of the fabric (not linear) so I could get more of the color in the border and also, so I didn't have to worry about those stripes.  I decided it took less fabric and was less stressful not to worry about it.  Having said that, I stressed for a few days first! I would do that again, or maybe piece the border as I really dislike working with stripes.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 3,865
Debi replied on Sat, May 26 2012 10:09 PM

Jeanine, I LOVE IT.  I am so impressed with your border choice! I also love the little border you added. I might borrow that idea in the future, I love how it frames the quilt.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 3,865
Debi replied on Sat, May 26 2012 10:11 PM

Thanks so much for all the compliments.  As a newish quilter, I appreciate the encouragement. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,336
Points 38,860
Mimi replied on Sat, May 26 2012 10:52 PM

Everyone's top is looking great.  Wanted to share mine also. It's my first jelly roll quilt. The puter is making the background lighter than it really is.  It has more of a light teal tone.  I've got a border planned but need to add some other fabrics.  I'll be excited to see how everyone else finishes up this quilt.  My DH said this one was really out of my comfort zone and he's right.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Sat, May 26 2012 11:01 PM

Well, I am half way through putting the top together and so far things are matching up a littler better than I thought they would.  As I stated before, I am working on an alphabet quilt for my grandsons birthday,  he will be 3 on June 26th.  Here is the top completed and I have a red material on the bottom to use as a backing and binding.  What do yall think.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Wow, everyone's quilts are beautiful. I am still on the last part of step 3. I am way behind. but I can't help admiring all the finished tops. I hope to finish before the deadline, but I may not. I am too busy galavanting all over the countryside. And next week I am getting ready for a garage sale. Then the following week I am volunteering at a diabetic day camp, and working at the quilt shop for a shop hop. So I don't see much sewing in my near future. Oh, well, I will finish it, it has been fun. Thanks, Sandy for doing this.

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 535
J_Line replied on Sun, May 27 2012 5:23 AM

What beautiful quilts !

All are so different and so nice !

Pat, I like your yin and yang so much .

Mine is progressing well. Next week, I be able to put a photo !

Line in Switzerland

Line  in Switzerland

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Sun, May 27 2012 7:11 AM

I love it Donna, so colorful and cheery.  Your grandson will learn his alphabet with it, how cool is that!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Sun, May 27 2012 7:53 AM

everyone's quilt tops look great. I still have the side panels to sew on. I just dont seem to be in too big of hurry, quilt is just not talking to me. I keep putting material next to it and only the yellow with red dots seems to say anything. But just not sure. Thinking about putting a small inner border to see if it helps me out. I would be happy just leaving it the size it is now, as a big throw but just seems like it needs something extra.

well off to do something else and think about it

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 27 2012 8:35 AM

Elizabeth:

Very pretty Jeanine.  Is that a white tone on tone in the background?  It almost looks like it could be a pale gray in the picture.  Either way, it looks really nice.

it is white with white dots on it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi. How do I find new threads?  Trying to find the thread Sandy told us about where we can see the finished quilt tops and have no idea of how to find new threads!  Thanks a bunch!

Zeba

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 27 2012 9:00 AM

Snugglebug Quilter:

Hi. How do I find new threads?  Trying to find the thread Sandy told us about where we can see the finished quilt tops and have no idea of how to find new threads!  Thanks a bunch!

Zeba

It is a new discussion thread on the Groups site for MQ6.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 27 2012 9:01 AM

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/mystery_quilt_6_-_bittersweet/forum/t/33416.aspx

Here is the link.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 155 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 153 154 155 156 157 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use