Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 152 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, May 26 2012 3:09 PM

Carol W:

Here is my completed top:

I had so much fun doing this!  Thanks Sandy!

Beautiful Carol!  So cheerful!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, May 26 2012 3:11 PM

Zsofia:

Here is my MQ6 "Call me Crazy". I'm not going to use a border I just like it as is.

Zsofia

Fantastic Zsofia.  I love your background :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, May 26 2012 3:14 PM

Jeanine:

I don't have borders picked out yet.

Great job Jeanine.  Love your bright colors!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, May 26 2012 3:17 PM

Ginny Lunsford:

Wonderful Quitl Ginny.  Border is great and I love your cornerstones!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, May 26 2012 3:19 PM

Patti:

very, very pretty Jeanine, and Ginny. 

I am still trying to catch up.  All my cross patches are done, including the extra rows, and 24 of the 8 patches are done, just need 8 more.  Then need to do the fringe pieces that go around the blocks before the border.  Then of course the border. 

I was excited to get so many blocks done.  So here is the progress so far.  Down at the bottom you will get a better idea of what the black fabric looks like.  It has these multicolored metallic fireworks on it.

Patti your quilt is going to be absolutely stunning!  WTG

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Sat, May 26 2012 3:21 PM

Patti:
So here is the progress so far.

WOW Patti.  This is such a dynamic quilt.  So sophisticated and fun at the same time.  It's going to be a show stopper for sure.  Great job!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 3,865
Debi replied on Sat, May 26 2012 3:55 PM

Finished, YAY!!  Thanks Sandy!

• | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 165
ftkfowler replied on Sat, May 26 2012 4:06 PM

Debi, I love your colors.  It turned out beautiful.

I just laid mine out.  Now off to sew. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, May 26 2012 4:11 PM

I would have been finished by now, but have decided to make the quilt longer.  I needed blocks for 2 more rows and have nearly finished steps 2 and 3 and ready for 5 - including more of those small HSTs.  I have several ideas for them, including one of Bonnie Hunter's quilts. 

I will soon finish step 5 and maybe start the 4 patches tonight.  My first guess was the right one, but my favorite is another setting.  I will make that in floral fabrics with white for a granddaughter and post that one when I get it done.  I need 6 quilts for those troublesome long college beds.  The first of our younger grandchildren will be a senior next year so will be going to college in a little over 1 year.  His will be more simple as his one love is hunting.  I will just get hunting fabrics and design something with large focal squares framed some way.  Haven't designed it yet.  The next year there are 2 - a boy and a girl, and then 1 a year for the last 3 girls.  The mother of 2 of the girls suggested LONG quilts for the college beds, so that solves gift problems for graduations for a few years. Theirs will be the two MQ 6 quilts - this one and the redesigned floral and white one.  I will soon have two gifts made up EARLY - 2 and 3 years early for older son's 2 girls.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,467
Points 116,715

I've completed the steps plus some extra additions that changes the layout. Now I need to decide on sashing fabric. I will add a wide outer floral border to make it queen size. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Sat, May 26 2012 4:26 PM

Debi:
Finished, YAY!!

What an interesting bold quilt top.  You've done a wonderful job.  Love the purple and black together.  WTG

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,420

Okay ladies here is my finished Yin Yang top. Now I have to decide on a backing and binding for it. I still have two more rows to finish for my Mystery Quilt #6. And than I am going to change border  going to look for different fabric for border, but it will be a bittersweet one. Love the pattern of mystery quilt. Thank you Sandy H and QCA for doing this mystery quilt. When I finish top I post pictures for everyone to see.

Pat B from Southern California

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, May 26 2012 5:48 PM

Found fabric for the border.  I don't know how big the border was supposed to be but mine was just big enough for the piece of fabric I found.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Jeanine love your quilt!  Any ideas how you're gonna quilt it?

Zeba

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

I have to say that this being my first mystery quilt, I am totally enjoying seeing how different the quilts look with the different fabrics!  I'm still struggling with a border, but as soon as I decide on one I'll definitely add my quilt too!  Thanks to everyone who is sharing their awesome quilts!  You guys rock!  

Page 152 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use