Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 148 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 146 147 148 149 150 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 8,970
Jan replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:46 AM

Jim, you are off by a day.  If it is 12:01 am beginning the 24 hour period that is Friday then Joy it would be 2 pm Friday afternoon. Just a little over half a day.

Jan G.

Rochester, NY

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
gimnich replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:53 AM

Love the reveal.   Thank you. 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:58 AM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!   Where are all the comments?!  Or is everyone busy sewing??  I am so thrilled...I thought we were heading to a Hugs and Kisses...which is nice...but this is the look I was trying for...now I know how to put it together properly.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Now...I must...Go Quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 60
Nancy L replied on Fri, May 25 2012 10:08 AM

Great looking quilt.  I was recently looking in one of my quilt books and saw a pattern using these componets so it wasn't a complete surprise.

Thanks to the Missouri Quilt Company for giving us this mystery.

Nancy L

WA/AZ

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Fri, May 25 2012 10:08 AM

love the reveal

Love your quilts snugglebug, I wish I could quilt like that. I just do basic stuff. one day I will try something else but seems like I am usually in a rush to get a quilt done and give away so I stay with the tried and true. That is why I had thought about making some place mats , to practice something new on.

well I have other things I have to do first today , then I can lay out my blocks and see what they look like. I need to find a border that will help bring out my material but dont  know how anything can help but will see

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 260
DEANNAC-2 replied on Fri, May 25 2012 10:12 AM

Thanks so much to those who put this Mystery Project together. It has been a riot and can't wait to post the final pictures.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 640
Points 9,640
MaggieNae replied on Fri, May 25 2012 10:20 AM

Love the reveal.  Kinda thought this is what we would do, but couldn't quilte see it in my head.  Thank you Sandy for Moderating this.  It's been nice to have a schedule and keep up with this.  Hope to post photo on Tuesday.

C'mon Fall - and MQ7.  Guess I'll just have to go back and do MQ1 now.  Have a great holiday all.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, May 25 2012 11:21 AM

MaggieNae:
C'mon Fall - and MQ7.  Guess I'll just have to go back and do MQ1 now.  Have a great holiday all

I did 2 MQ1s.  One was completed and offered for a raffle.  The second top is done.  My MQ2 is sandwiched and ready for quilting.  MQ3 top is almost done.  Didn't do 3 and 5.  And now I have decided to make MQ6 a little bigger so it is more symmetrical.  That means 192 more 2 1/2 inch squares to cut.  I haven't even done steps 3 and 4 yet.  . . . . . so why am I on the computer? 

See you all later!

One thought for those of you who have never done a MQ with us before.  At this point many of us vary from the original pattern.  Usually by adding a different border, sometimes a very fancy one.  Some have also added sashing on previous MQs with great results, or placed the blocks in a different order.  But all the variations are included in the voting for the favorite.  So, go ahead and have fun with what you have.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Fri, May 25 2012 1:09 PM

MaggieNae:  The Scrap Happy group is starting a 'mystery quilt' when mq6 is completed.  The fabric requirements and some cutting is already posted.  Just telling you in case you want to join in!  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,450

I was going to ask the same questions as Diane from New Jersey.   This is my second mystery quilt.  With the MQV we had a few weeks to complete the top and Sandy gave dates for that and for putting up pictures.  Then about a week or two to vote on a crowd favorite.  Then a week or so to reveal the "winner".  

Will we be doing the same this time around?  It makes it so much fun seeing all the different designs and border choices.

Thanks Sandy, looking forward to the next one!

Square it Up, Las Vegas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, May 25 2012 2:10 PM

didash:
... (I don't have "quilting buddies" to talk to, ask questions of or learn from...this new fascination is all self-taught with the help of reading and internet videos.  The LQS is not close by...

Diane, I'm also self taught and do not have anybody nearby with whom to share my interest.  Where in NJ are you?  My LQS is a 1 1/2 hour drive from where I am.  There are a couple of closer shops, but they don't carry the variety nor offer me the friendly atmosphere I desire so I make the trek (several times a month usually) and am happy to do it.  If you are interested in meeting up one day, let me know and we'll see if we can figure something out.  If I can figure out how to request you as a friend on here I'll do so later today.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, May 25 2012 2:28 PM

Jim and Diane, you're not alone.  I'm also a night owl.  Usually don't get to bed before 3am .. lol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Fri, May 25 2012 2:56 PM

Finally had a chance to pull up the final reveal and absolutely love this quilt.

Many thanks to the team at MSQ Co. for providing such a wonderful mystery, and to Sandy for another exceptional job of hosting it.

Can't wait to see everybody's finished tops.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

Hi everyone,

Thank you Sandy for posting the final reveal. It is really beautiful. I am so happy to get going on the sewing this weekend! Can't wait to see some final quilts tomorrow!! Not too much pressure you eager beavers!

Happy Memorial Day!

Janet

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Fri, May 25 2012 3:31 PM

thanks again sandy for another great mystery quilt. 

i'll be stitching up a storm when sam leaves this weekend, and after i push our youngest out the door, and when  mom and dads' party is over.  how do i ever find time to quilt?

gini in north idaho

Page 148 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 146 147 148 149 150 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use