Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 147 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 145 146 147 148 149 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:08 AM

Don't worry about being behind Anita, I have not had time to touch anything all week either and tomorrow is DD buck and doe.  I too guessed right about the reveal and love how it looks although I have not had time to lay mine out yet, hopefully sunday will be a quilting day.  Happy Birthday to your DH, my DH also turned 60 recently and I feel like I am catching up to him lol.

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Wow, that was easy, now after a minor heart attack as to what I was going to use for the border, I found the invoice for the original jelly roll I used and found more of the fabric so I've been shopping already this morning. Cannot decide if I should work on this today, or if I should help DH put the new TV stand up, that is going to be a lot of work, because we need to clear out most of the livingroom to do that little chore, maybe quilting will be put off today.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Fri, May 25 2012 6:46 AM

I'm so excited!  I had no idea what it was going to look like.  I love the final reveal!  I can't wait to get my top put together.  Alas, it will have to wait until Monday or later.  Won't be near my machine all weekend.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Thanks Sandy for a great time. I am very pleased with the reveal!  I will try to finish it up this weekend!  Who knows I may even get it on my long arm!  Lol. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Thanks Sandy for moderating this MQ 6!!  This has been so much fun.  I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend!!   :-)

Looking forward to seeing everyone's finished top!  Seems like we just started MQ6 yesterday!!   

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 945
Teresa replied on Fri, May 25 2012 7:28 AM

I love the the reveil of MQ6. my daugther came by late night and looked at it and was happy that it was going to look like the one a maded her for christmas last year.  It ready looks alot like here too. i will  be handed quilting mine so it will be a while before i can show the finished quilt.  will be looking forward to MQ7. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, May 25 2012 7:48 AM

Wow, did this MQ come and go quickly, or what??? It's a good thing I kept up, it seems to be over in a flash.  Busy weekend finishing it up. Can't way to see everyone's quilts.  Amazing how they all look so different in the end.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, May 25 2012 8:02 AM

Did anyone else have a problem getting the picture to print when printing the directions for the last step?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Fri, May 25 2012 8:04 AM

I'm a little confused on something and I"m hoping you can help me understand.

Someone made a comment about voting and winning.  What is that all about?  This is my first MQ, so I'm kind of lost...

Thanks!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Sheri A.:

Did anyone else have a problem getting the picture to print when printing the directions for the last step?

The pdf didn't have a picture, but I right click and save as.

xoxoxo.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,030
Linda replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:09 AM

I can't wait to see everyones final quilt. I hope to get mine together this weekend, but it will be a busy weekend so may have to wait until next week. I only have one week left and then I have the kids for the summer. Although they are all getting old enough now I can get up to my sewing room for short periods of time between supervising. I have loved this mystery quilt my very first and I am looking forward to doing it again. Thank you everyone for making this such a great experience. Looking forward to seeing everyone's final quilt.

Linda

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:13 AM

I love the quilt.  But I have decided to make it more symmetrical and will add another row to the length and another row to the top, of the cross and 8 patch blocks.  I am pretty sure I have enough fabric.  Ha, I am already behind.  Still working on step 5 and have yet to do steps 3 and 4!  Let's see how much I can get done before noon. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,345
Jacy replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:33 AM

Patti, I'm making extra blocks too, going to make my layout 7 x 9 blocks. I have an idea for a scrappy border too but that's going to mean a LOT more squares. I think that will make it big enough for a double bed.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 456
Points 8,685
Jan replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:39 AM

We have 17 more days. I am a volunteer at our granddaughter's library.  Normally I go in twice a week to do secretarial type stuff for the librarian as our principal insists in order to "fairly grade" we have to have something in writing from each of the 400 students every week. At the end of the year we do a book fair which was this week.  The librarian is the chair person but she has to teach her classes all week. So I run the book fair.  Pretty inconsiderate of them to schedule it during the mystery quilt if you ask me. LOL. Then comes end of the year inventory.  Yes the librarian is still holding classes in the library during inventory.  So guess what happens during this process. I take shelf by shelf to the computer and scan them.  That is week after next so I guess I better get my self moving moving to get finished and pics up. 

By the way, this is not complaining.  I work in an Urban school and most of these children need all the loving they can get.  Even if I file so the librarian can read them an extra story. I go in for K and 1.  And as I said, I am a volunteer so the door that welcomes me in would work to keep on going if I decide to go in a different direction.

But I am envious as the weather is warming, the pool is up and the sewing room is relatively clean and organized.

Jan G.

Rochester, N Y

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:40 AM

I know what you mean didash, I have 3 sons, and when I make a quilt for them it is hard to find a pattern and fabric. The one in my profile is one I made for one of my sons when he got his AA degree. It was suppose to be ships but he is into turtles so I sub'ed. I was thinking maybe you could do one of the window pain patterns and instead of filling in with flowers maybe something he was interested in???

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Page 147 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 145 146 147 148 149 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use