Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 144 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 142 143 144 145 146 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,005
Jackie replied on Thu, May 24 2012 12:03 PM

LOL!  Recruit is such a much nicer word than brainwash... ;) We'll never tell

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,005
Jackie replied on Thu, May 24 2012 12:08 PM

I'm sure whatever pattern you choose will be gorgeous!  I have seen so many possibilites with these blocks!  But I think that those who do choose a different path from MQ6 should still share their pictures ;)

Midnight Quilters!!! I LIKE!  Some times the inspiration does not strike at sane hours!  You should attend a Quilter's weekend!  Sleep..., what Sleep..., we don't need no stinking sleep until we get home and Crash!!! ;)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,005
Jackie replied on Thu, May 24 2012 12:19 PM

Your site says that it is a Fons & Porter's kit, so you might want to check their wesite also.

Love the Garage Sale Story Patti.  I have personally dragged my hubby to many estate and garage sales.  The sitch has never been flipped on Us yet!

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 535
J_Line replied on Thu, May 24 2012 12:47 PM

Snugglebug, your quilts are so beautyful...

I love especially the first one.

I am not able to sew late at night. I don't do a good job.

The best for me is Saturday or Sunday  afternoon.

I usually make only small quilts. The MQ is my largest one.

Line in Switzerland

Line  in Switzerland

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Nana, thank you very much.  I always seem to see my mistakes.  I am definately planning to join your group when finished with the MQ.  Can you tell me the name again?  I forgot...something about scrappy? 

Jim, I don't know how you can stitch a straight line so late at night!   My 1/4 inch would be all over the place!!  lol

Zeba

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Thu, May 24 2012 2:02 PM

Zeba

Srap Happys Group.  We would love to have you join us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Silverfox, I would say my only advice is to practice, practice, practice.  Personally I thought it would come naturally, boy was I in for an eye opener!!  LOL  If you watch videos of the Pros, they make it look soooo easy!!  LOL  But just like everything else the more you do the better you get.  I have A LOT of practicing ahead of me!!  :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Diane, I'm sure you are excellent!!  I feel I get to fast and make silly mistakes, resulting in either a lot of ripping or tolerance on my part.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Line, I agree with you.  I also can not sew a straight line at night!  I'd be all over the place.  And thank you very much for you nice comments about my quilt.  I have always been fascinated about Switzerland.  I imagine it is very lovely!!

Zeba

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Nana, Sigh.  At the risk of sounding completly stupid, how do I find the scrap happy group? I've been looking but not finding! 

Zeba

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,005
Jackie replied on Thu, May 24 2012 3:32 PM

Try this link: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/boxy_stars/default.aspx

If it does not work, go to:

1. Groups

2. find & select Quilters Club of America Groups

3.find & select Scrap Happys (formerly Boxy Stars) on the second page***

Hope this helps!

Jackie - Michigan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Thu, May 24 2012 3:56 PM

Jim:

Only about half way through Step 5, but they'll be done by tonight.  I'm pretty happy with the fabric choice.  I wasn't sure there for awhile.  Here's a sampling of my blocks.  Anxious to get this thing sewn together after Friday.

Looking good Jim.  It is going to be gorgeous!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Thu, May 24 2012 4:03 PM

Squareitup:

Sewing done on Step 5.  Have lots of threads to cut but have a few days to get them snipped.  And a couple of days to play with the squares to try to guess what Thursday night/Friday will bring.  (I'm west coast.)  

What a cheerful quilt you are going to have.  I love it!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Thu, May 24 2012 4:09 PM

didash:

Dara Beth wrote:

Diane I'm so glad you've decided to give it another go! 

I think I understand. And yes, nothing says you have to stitch in the ditch.  Often quilters will stitch just to the side of a seam. As long as you are consistent in what you do it will turn out great.   And yes we always want to see pictures. :-)

Dara Beth -

Here are the first 3 blocks of my niece's College Memories Quilt that I assembled and put together tonight.  It's a start.  Gonna be a bear to quilt - LOL!!

Diane.  You're right it is coming together very well!!!  I love what you are doing and I'm sure that your niece will too.  It will be awesome.  How many square are you putting in it?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Thu, May 24 2012 4:12 PM

didash:

Dara Beth wrote:

Diane I'm so glad you've decided to give it another go! 

I think I understand. And yes, nothing says you have to stitch in the ditch.  Often quilters will stitch just to the side of a seam. As long as you are consistent in what you do it will turn out great.   And yes we always want to see pictures. :-)

Dara Beth -

Here are the first 3 blocks of my niece's College Memories Quilt that I assembled and put together tonight.  It's a start.  Gonna be a bear to quilt - LOL!!

Diane, It is awesome!  I love it and I'm sure your niece will too.  How many squares are you doing?

Page 144 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 142 143 144 145 146 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use