Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 141 of 214 (3208 items) « First ... < Previous 139 140 141 142 143 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,207 Replies | 110 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,628
Points 24,885
Susie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 8:57 AM

Marie & Sylvia,

Thanks for your comments on my quilt.  It's such a fast pattern!  I worked up that top in a weekend with Chicagosinger!  It's one of the first patterns I ever did, following a pattern, that is.  It's still one of my favorites.  It just needs to have the borders added & then I can find backing and finish it off.  I think my oldest granddughter is going to claim it, though.  She has commented on it every time I take it out.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 9:17 AM

Jim, I say sew it together however you'd like.  If you like yours better than the reveal on Friday go for it!  I remember one of the earlier MQ was won by a member doing just that.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 9:19 AM

Love your fabrics, Line, your quilt is going to be beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 9:22 AM

Ginny L, your fabrics are lovely as well.  Wonderful quilts will come of MQ6!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 9:29 AM

Susie, one more thing, I love your fur baby who looks like he's studying that quilt to see if he approves.  I would love this pattern with your added sashes if you don't mind.  I think it might work up nicely for my GS quilt.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 9,795
MaggieNae replied on Wed, May 23 2012 10:26 AM

didash, The F&P web site has a quit called Country Comfort.  Looks easy and can be done in as little as 5 fabrics.  It's two blocks that look really easy, alternating.  Let me know if you can't get to it online.

J Line, Love your colors.  Very cheery quilt.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,628
Points 24,885
Susie replied on Wed, May 23 2012 10:33 AM

Marie:

Susie, one more thing, I love your fur baby who looks like he's studying that quilt to see if he approves.  I would love this pattern with your added sashes if you don't mind.  I think it might work up nicely for my GS quilt.

Marie--that would be Max (short for Maximus Aurelius.)  He inspects ALL my quilts once they are on the floor.  He stays off my quilting table AS LONG as I don't have a glass of water on it.  Then he's up there "drinking" my water with his paw.

I will gladly share the pattern with you.  But be warned--the pattern doesn't have the sashes in it.  Those were my "creation".  I just cut strips and stitched them in between the squares.  I'll send you a friend request so I can get your email addy.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 9,050
didash replied on Wed, May 23 2012 12:35 PM

Looks like it's you and me, Jim!! I'm a night owl too and do most of my sewing while hubby sleeps - then I try to grab a couple of hours around 4 a.m. LOL!  I'm also pretty sure of the final pattern, so I've started sewing mine together already :P   If the reveal is different and I like it better, I don't have so much done that I can't take it out and rearrange.  I started to put it together since weekends are sailing time now and a machine won't fit on the boat - so figured I'd get a jump.  LOL!  I hope you post your finished quilt - would like to show it to hubby - might get him interested in sharing the hobby! He needs one! LOL!

Have a great day - or night, as the case may be...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 315
Brenda E replied on Wed, May 23 2012 12:49 PM

MNnancy:

And here she is being anything but random in pulling fabrics for her 4-squares!   LOL

That looks a lot like the way I "randomly" pulled my fabrics. LOL

I do admit to sorting by light and dark and placing in 2 separate bags, then pulling 1 light and 1 dark when sewing patches together. I only rejected if it was from the same color or pattern family.  It did get a bit trickier as I went along, but I think that in the long run, it all went fairly well.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 9,050
didash replied on Wed, May 23 2012 12:50 PM

Found it MaggieNae! Thanks a bunch!  Now the hard decision of that one or the Yin Yang for the nephew's quilt! Decisions, decisions....I think HE might like the Yin Yang better, but I will certainly do this Country Comfort quilt at some time...looks easy peasy!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 315
Brenda E replied on Wed, May 23 2012 12:54 PM

Line, those blocks look great! It's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Wed, May 23 2012 1:53 PM

Love your colors Jackie!!!  I can't wait to see it finished.

Everyone's blocks are so awesome!  I'm having problems with mine  :~(

My Xs are NOT lining up at all.  Oh well, quilting it will hide most of the mistakes, I hope.  ~grin~

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

Your request made me think of a quilt I made in 2005 for a High School Band and Orchestra silent auction fundraiser.  I used a large print with musical instruments, a smaller black and white music print, and primary color bocks that reflected the colors in the large print.  My photo book doesn't have a source for this pattern, so I may have made it up myself.  If this is 'the one' I'll write up instructions for you. Otherwise, just thought I'd share. 

(Well, I'm having trouble figuring out how to add the photo to this.   Hope this works.)

Jean in Mn (QuiltAwhile) 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 9,050
didash replied on Wed, May 23 2012 4:59 PM

Would love to have the instructions (especially if you know yardages needed!)  I can ALMOST figure it out from the pic, but have no way to guess the fabric requirements :(

Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, May 23 2012 5:19 PM

Ginny L., I like your color combo a lot!  I especially like the fussy cut round shapes - they add a little extra something to your blocks.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 141 of 214 (3208 items) « First ... < Previous 139 140 141 142 143 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.