Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 136 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 134 135 136 137 138 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Mon, May 21 2012 6:40 PM

Jackie:

Finished my step 5 again!  ;)

I had finished the 16 blocks Saturday Afternoon, before seeing the correction!

Haven't posted pic since Cutting stage ;)

Jackie, I can't wait to see these colors all put together!  Such a nice bold quilt it will be.  I like bold things even if I do have control issues!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Mon, May 21 2012 6:44 PM

Donna:

I want to upload a pic of my project thus far, I understand that we go to media,  but I cant find anything that says media.  when I go to Home, it is my page.  Help

Click on "Groups" at the top of the page then find the  and click on it.  You'll see MEDIA on the right. you're a member of the group, right? :)  If you're not, you have to join first !

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 431
Points 10,945
Donna replied on Mon, May 21 2012 6:49 PM

Ok I figured it out LOL.  I havent posted this before because I am using the material from Missouri Star and others have the same.  But I finally decided I wanted someone to uhhhhh and awwwww over mine lol.  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Mon, May 21 2012 6:51 PM

Donna

I really love this fabric line.  Your blocks are beautiful.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

Donna:

Ok I figured it out LOL.  I havent posted this before because I am using the material from Missouri Star and others have the same.  But I finally decided I wanted someone to uhhhhh and awwwww over mine lol.  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

Nana, I have decided that it is ok to be controlled.  Everyone developes their own style. The important thing is that we enjoy what we do. A square peg doesn't fit in a round hole, so why should we try to be what we aren't.?  Thats my two cents for the day...lol  I have always been something of a non conformist so why should I change now ?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Mon, May 21 2012 7:19 PM

Donna:

Your blocks are really pretty.  I was so tempted to buy the same fabric but my stash was calling to me.  It's still screaming because I hardly made a dent so I'm real tempted to start Nana's Mystery Scrap quilt.  At some point I'll be brazen enough to actually QUILT all these tops I'm making!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

I am really admiring the work everyone is doing! I will be honest, my squares don't look nearly so neat and tidy!  They are definately imperfect, but you know what?  It's been my experience that:

1.  Everyone I know just thinks the quilt looks great, and don't see the imperfections until I point them out to them (and unfortunately I do that)

2.  Quilting it hides a multitude of sins, so to speak, and I've had tops I was really worried about, and after I quilted it, was amazed at how nice it looks.

So, please don't give up, don't expect a perfect speciman, and just relax and enjoy the company on the forum, and feel great about what you've learned!!!

I'll try to post some pictures of my very imperfect squares soon, and that should REALLY make you feel better!!! :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Mon, May 21 2012 7:26 PM

Donna, your blocks are very nice. 

I was tempted by the bitter sweet fabrics too but then I saw my blues and was struck down.  Fabric does that to me sometimes.  Just jumps right out and says "BUY ME!" 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 565
Points 9,975
Tami Paul replied on Mon, May 21 2012 7:34 PM

haha funny how fabric does that. I remember once or twice decided to bust my stash only to find myself buying more to go with the couple iittle pieces I was busting, but got some 'idea' , and off to the store to get the colors I need. haha only to end up with more stash then I started with. I am so far enjoying this site and seeing how I dont know what it is going to look like I cant get any crazy 'idea's ", I just have to go with what I can best I can.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 260
DEANNAC-2 replied on Mon, May 21 2012 8:05 PM

Still have to finish the remaining blocks for Step 4 but it is going to look pretty darn good for a scrappy. I think about a dozen of these MQ6 quilts might help take down my stash so when the next shop hop starts it'll be time to replenish!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Mon, May 21 2012 8:09 PM

I think I'd rather add on another room or throw away dh's stuff than bust my stash down.  The horror at the very thought!!  <shudder!>

(I have gotten rid of most of the costuming stuff that I don't use and don't plan on using again.  Even that was traumatic.)

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 260
DEANNAC-2 replied on Mon, May 21 2012 8:20 PM

I don't really think it would even be noticed but it would take away some guilt when I buy more fabric. My stash makes me smile on rainy days! Quilting is truly the best therapy out there. More folks should take it up and relax . . .

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 170

My family laughs at me because of my 'control' issues with fabric - had 8 fabrics for squares, equaled 48 different 4-patches ( 2 purple, 1 green and 1 brown in @ one) times 2 equals 96! Haven't gotten any farther because of time and have been concerned about 'matching' . My sister said " Diana, its a mystery quilt!  Maybe I can let go a little as i get caught up over the long weekend.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 155

This has been so fun..I have been quilting for sometime and my sister is just a beginner..it was fun working with her on this..we cannot wait to see what the outcome is and start another mystery quilt...thank you so much for doing all this work to make the mystery quilts such a success in bringing two sisters with  a love for sewing together.

Connie

• | Post Points: 35
Page 136 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 134 135 136 137 138 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use