Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 135 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 133 134 135 136 137 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,204 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 576
Points 10,225
Tami Paul replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:22 PM

I like it Cheryl. When I first opened I saw your background fabric and said "oh I like those dots"

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 275
Cheryl D replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:33 PM

Thanks, I think that the dots are starting to grow on me. Maybe when I get more done I will really love it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,388
Points 175,308
Marie replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:38 PM

Walla2, IMHO, I'm not liking the border fabric you have and I think you are wise to wait for the reveal.  I can't see any of that color in your blocks, which are very pretty, love the colors.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,388
Points 175,308
Marie replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:40 PM

Cheryl, I think your fabrics are great, it's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:47 PM

Here is a sample of my steps.  I am really liking the blues even more.  And I'm glad that I did go with the print for the background.  I wanted it to stand out, but not pull away from all the blues in the blocks.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 576
Points 10,225
Tami Paul replied on Mon, May 21 2012 3:39 PM

Thanks Marie, the border was something that was hanging around the house and so I left it out thinking maybe. I am waiting on the reveal but still scratching my head trying to figure out how I am going to get that color out. My first time making a scrappy of "put in hand and pull out " Not so sure I like it haha. But I keep my fingers crossed so times I look at it and go yuk and other times think it just might work.  Well looks like it is just wait until the reveal.....tick, tick tick

I made a a log cabin last summer for a friend I had a heck of a time trying to find my last boarder. I had put in one color that made it difficult to get something to match. It was a toatal headache. I finally found a strip that worked but I have always been scared of strips but I did it and was happy in the end.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 319
Points 7,240
didash replied on Mon, May 21 2012 3:50 PM

Hi All!  We got the boat moved and lots of other stuff done this weekend, so I was really excited to start Step 5 this morning.  Unfortunately, after completing only 6 Step 5 blocks, I've come to the realization that I probably bit off more than I could chew, this being only my second quilt. :(  My only dilemma now is do I hold on to all the pieces "in case" I decide to tear everything apart and redo the quilt or do I just toss it all in the trash and purchase new if I decide to give it another go at some point? I'm leaning toward the "heaving" side since I'm trying to declutter around here. It's a real bummer to go from excitement and anticipation to really depressed in the space of 30 mins! LOL!  But I will certainly stay tuned, continue to learn from all you wonderful ladies and gents, and of course cast my vote at the end.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's finished quilts!!!!  Thanks for all of your help and friendship...hope to keep in touch!  (Going out to the garden to eat some worms now...)

Fondly,

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Mon, May 21 2012 4:06 PM

didash:

I was really excited to start Step 5 this morning.  Unfortunately, after completing only 6 Step 5 blocks, I've come to the realization that I probably bit off more than I could chew, this being only my second quilt. :(  . . .  .I'm leaning toward the "heaving" side since I'm trying to declutter around here. It's a real bummer to go from excitement and anticipation to really depressed in the space of 30 mins! LOL!  But I will certainly stay tuned, continue to learn from all you wonderful ladies and gents, and of course cast my vote at the end.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's finished quilts!!!!  Thanks for all of your help and friendship...hope to keep in touch!  (Going out to the garden to eat some worms now...)

Fondly,

didash,

What happened in 30 mins?  You've done a great job for this being your second quilt!  Leave the poor worms alone to do what worms do best, and go back and take another look at the quilt, and try to figure out how to fixit.  This quilt isn't that challenging, you've just gotten overwhelmed for a bit.  Don't let your second quilt become your first NFO (Never Finished Object).  Tell us what's got you down and maybe one (or more) of us can help.

Hugz,

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Mon, May 21 2012 4:10 PM

DIDASH, how bad could it be?  You can Always square everything down to a smaller size rather than toss.  Even if everything doesn't line up right, trim down keep going.  That will give you a totally unique quilt with a very scrappy look.  Being this is only your second quilt, don't be so hard on yourself.  The important thing is to learn from what you're doing and to get more experience quilting.  You could even add some inside strips/boarders  to make everything work out.  Remember, the world will not end because your quilt is not perfect.  Let us know if you need any help on moving forward.

The sew must go on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 21 2012 4:14 PM

Diane

What problems are you having.  If it is just that some of your seams aren't lining up it is ok.  We all have those days and it doesn't matter if you have been quilting for years.  Show us what the problem is and lets see if we can't overcome this.  Don't give up yet.  There is always a fix for those pesky problems.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 305
Ashley replied on Mon, May 21 2012 4:17 PM

Didash,

I am a novice quilter too (only done 6 projects, and some of those aren't finished).  I try and remember that many cultures believe that art should be imperfect (Amish, Islam, etc.) because only God makes perfect things.  I know I can't compete with him!  :)

You are the only one who is ever going to notice that your triangle points don't match or that your squares aren't perfectly square.  Everyone else just sees the gorgeous geometry and patterns. 

Don't give up now!!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Mon, May 21 2012 4:49 PM

Didash remember to work at your own pace.  I too am new to Mystery quilts.  I am just beginning on step 5 also.  I usually finish the steps 3 days after the next step is posted.  Come back to it when you feel refreshed and interested in working on the piecing.  Best wishes. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Mon, May 21 2012 4:51 PM

Cheryl D,  I really like the mix of the reds and browns on your blocks.  That polka dot fabric looks really good as well.  I am glad you shared your picture.  Really pretty and unique.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, May 21 2012 6:08 PM

Didash, not having done a mystery quilt with us before, you may not be aware that many of us diverge from the original plan, either because we feel drawn to a different lay out, out because we are accommodating for something that did not quite go according to plan.  I am sure there will be a way to make it work.  If you want ideas, just post for us what is not working and we'll help you come up with an alternate plan. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,120
Donna replied on Mon, May 21 2012 6:36 PM

I want to upload a pic of my project thus far, I understand that we go to media,  but I cant find anything that says media.  when I go to Home, it is my page.  Help

Page 135 of 214 (3205 items) « First ... < Previous 133 134 135 136 137 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use