Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready For MQ 6?

Page 134 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 132 133 134 135 136 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,203 Replies | 109 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Mon, May 21 2012 6:59 AM

Marsha

I am sorry that the financial burdens are falling so heavily on you.  I know how tough that can be.  Maybe you can stock up a little at a time.  I love the Mirage line.  It almost has a silky feel to the fabrics and the colors are fantastic.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, May 21 2012 7:02 AM

Cindi:
Maybe its not too much control.  :D  Just a little right?

Cindi, I like your control!  More my style.  It is so hard for me to "mix it up".  You are going to a have a very pretty, monochrome, controlled quilt!  I like blue and have some special fabrics I need to use, but hate to cut them up.  Need a solid or tone-on-tone to go with them.  Need to let them "season" in the stash for a while.  I need to use up what I have before investing in more fabic.  I just drool now!

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Mon, May 21 2012 8:26 AM

Cindi, I love the blues...it might be controlled but I think it is going to be absolutely beautiful.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,475
Mary789 replied on Mon, May 21 2012 9:23 AM

Yeah! I finished step 4 yesterday evening!  I hope I have plenty of time to work on step 5 this week, and that I can sew those together quickly.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 440
Points 8,425
Jan replied on Mon, May 21 2012 9:38 AM

Marsha,

Watch the sales closeouts for Connecting Threads on line.  Their prices are normally $5.96 a yard and often have sales as low as $2.00.  I have gotten quite a few great neutrals at closeout prices.

Janet G.

Rochester, NY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Mon, May 21 2012 12:31 PM

Nana:

Cindi

Pretty colors but I am sorry to say that those blocks are pretty controlled...LOL>

LOL.  Yep, it was enough that the edges were scattered! 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,900
Cindi replied on Mon, May 21 2012 12:41 PM

Marilyn B:

My niece just sent me this link this morning.  If you are a Dr. Who fan or Star Trek fan take a look.  http://www.spoonflower.com/tags/doctor%20who?image=design&page=1&t=doctor+who

LOL, I showed those to my daughter and suggested a quilt made from them might be a good Christmas present for her long time boyfriend.  She said, "*I* want a quilt out of those!  Forget him!"

True love, I tell ya, true love.

:D

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Mon, May 21 2012 1:08 PM

walla2butterfly:
gather that I need to probably add extra width to the last rows but not sure how much. I have done a rag quilt before but I dont remember off hand, it seemed like I had to do a large seam.

When I've done rag quilts I know you generally want at least one inch extra on each side  of the block for the rag effect, so for a five inch block you need a seven inch square of fabric.

For a log cabin block, if your logs finish at one inch, you would need to use a two and one half inch strip for the final round on each block. You sew your seams and have one inch raw edges which you then slice to the seam. Hope that makes sense.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Mon, May 21 2012 1:13 PM

Mary:

Dara Beth...your fabrics are beautiful! Here's my MQ6 pieces. Finished step 5 and awaiting step 6. Beginning a log cabin queen quilt for DS and future DDIL.

love your colors Mary. They look like a perfect summer afternoon

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,005
Jackie replied on Mon, May 21 2012 1:39 PM

Finished my step 5 again!  ;)

I had finished the 16 blocks Saturday Afternoon, before seeing the correction!

Haven't posted pic since Cutting stage ;)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Mon, May 21 2012 1:41 PM

TWEETY,  what fabric are you needing.  Maybe someone has some extra.  Post a photo and maybe we can help.

Mary, love your colors.  Looks like this is going to be a nice light quilt.  I can't imagine where you were having trouble, or why you were upset last week.  We're all here for you, but it looks like you're doing a wonderful job.

CarolW, wowza.  nice bright colors.  This is going to be a fun one.

Debi, the black is a bold choice.  I think it's working well with the white and pink(?)

There was one in all blues.  I love it, now I can't find it again.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Mon, May 21 2012 1:43 PM

Found it.  Cindi's got the blues.  I don't think anyone else is doing monochomatic are they?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Mon, May 21 2012 1:51 PM

okay so I am done with step 5 but only better half done on step 4. I think I am missing a couple of patches so decided to do step 5 to get that material out of my way so I could see what I had. My points came out so so. Seamed like last night they were great but this morning just struggled. there is a couple that need torn out but I am going to do that another day. So not sure how this is coming out. seems to muted. I have the orginal material I was thinking about  for the border sitting there. It was scrap but I might have to break down and buy something to help pull ... something out of it. so here it is....

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:10 PM

okay decided maybe it is the blue from the mat so I spread out the material a little and re took the picture. mmmm not sure guess I will wait for the reveal......

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 270
Cheryl D replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:16 PM

I have started Step Five and did not get done this weekend. I hope that I will get caught up by the next step.

I am using Maison De Garance Jelly Roll by French General I am not sure if I like it.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 134 of 214 (3204 items) « First ... < Previous 132 133 134 135 136 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use